Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
dang kids haven't played enough video games

if they'd played mgs2 they would realize the true horror of a fat man with a gun on rollerskates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Starchman stars are actually bombs???

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

UberJew posted:

dang kids haven't played enough video games

if they'd played mgs2 they would realize the true horror of a fat man with a gun on rollerskates
A Starchman to surpass Metal Gear.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I'm still not entirely sure why the bat-like spirit was in the last panel of the previous update

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
It's there to make "YOU'RE THE PREY!" hard to read

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ezzer posted:

I'm still not entirely sure why the bat-like spirit was in the last panel of the previous update

Presumably it's attacking Max but we aren't seeing that right now. In fact it might be Hijack's current host, who knows!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Update!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aw yeah it's Mr. Spooky Hands making another appearance!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This is still entirely within character for Mr Starchman.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah there's no telling what's spectral weirdness and what's just Mayview nonsense.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
There are some really nice visual transitions on this page. Holy poo poo does Zack need to lay off the pastels, though.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm super loving the scene blending, ie locker door = laptop lid, Starchman skate swoosh = Isabel swiping on the touchpad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I feel like Mr. Garcia is a red herring here but only because everything in this comic has been a red herring. I sorta hope he's actually Hijack though just so we get to see Isaac have a fight scene.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Countblanc posted:

I feel like Mr. Garcia is a red herring here but only because everything in this comic has been a red herring. I sorta hope he's actually Hijack though just so we get to see Isaac have a fight scene.

Yeah, i wanna see Isaac actually wreck poo poo and man up to some of the smack talk he's been dropping about that. At the same time, mr. Garcia is likely a red herring, because, ok, hijack got to a teacher, but why leave the school now? Why not just wait till after school, when it would've been easier? I think mr. Garcia is just being himself and is really actually very paranoid about people finding out about his weird creek-floating habit.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Countblanc posted:

Mr. Garcia's arm veined up, so I'm willing to bet he's been Hijacked

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Except that Isaac's barrier seems to be stopping Garcia's hand. Last time Hijack possessed someone, spectral energy went right through the possessee: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-45

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm super loving the scene blending, ie locker door = laptop lid, Starchman skate swoosh = Isabel swiping on the touchpad

Man, I love it! So much attention to the little details! Even the TAP! sounds of the darts transitioning into Isabel on the keyboard!

And a page ago, I was wondering if Starchman was gonna put on a second roller blade, but I can see that would be completely unnecessary.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

isaac's weather stuff can be seen and felt by non spectrals and whatnot. it's where the thread title comes from

at least i assume he's doing some wind stuff

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Last Visible Dog posted:

Except that Isaac's barrier seems to be stopping Garcia's hand. Last time Hijack possessed someone, spectral energy went right through the possessee: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-45

Issac isn't using spectral energy, he's actually controlling real weather phenomenon. The effects of tools or powers of mediums can be seen and felt by non-spectrals, it's different than the spectral energy constructs Isabella and Spender use. That's why mr. Starchman could see Isabella and Ed playing around with their tools, which they played off as CGI.

Also, of course Isaac would make a rasengan.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Ooh, okay. That makes sense.
I didn't realize it was a weather thing since it was so close to his spectral color. I can see the windy-ness of it now, though.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Not the biggest fan of this four-things-at-once climax, Zack is going all-out trying to create interesting compositions that stitch it all together and he's done an interesting job of it, but the net effect is still kind of cluttered and harder to parse. It's hard to build and release tension on a bunch of different things at the same time when they're so meshed together.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The last few pages I found flowed really well when I got back and read them in a row. Action scenes in particular though are really awkward to drop suddenly and not come back to until days later, especially when they're 4 different action sequences being stitched together like this

The art itself is really rad though and I'm enjoying it a lot

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

At the same time, mr. Garcia is likely a red herring, because, ok, hijack got to a teacher, but why leave the school now? Why not just wait till after school, when it would've been easier? I think mr. Garcia is just being himself and is really actually very paranoid about people finding out about his weird creek-floating habit.

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-118

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
PJ's gonna get et :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It has been revealed!

Also I still think Garcia is a herring in regards to hijack.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also I still think Garcia is a herring in regards to hijack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXRk69a7-c

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I wonder if PJ/lefty is going to become Max's permanent sidekick after this arc. Because I'd be down with that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How is PJ so cute!?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pj is going to die again to be a hero. not now but in chapter 8 or something

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium posted:

it's pj, just like it was when they get to school and he's behind a tree, and when he yells duck

slam jam thank you ma'am get on the floor let's slam jam

e: don't actually look up the context of that post because it was partially wrong thank you

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oddium posted:

pj is going to die again to be a hero. not now but in chapter 8 or something

Chapter 8, 5 years from now, will still be taking place on this school day.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I am excited to finally maybe learn just what the deal is with Garcia.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

That's my boy!

I'm seriously glad the mysterious figure was PJ and not a new character

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
No it's JP, PJ's more outgoing twin brother who died on the same day in a totally unrelated accident.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
well, alright

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

JP's last words were, "Heh, I accidentally forgot to butter either side of my toast."

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

RandallODim posted:

I am excited to finally maybe learn just what the deal is with Garcia.

This is honestly what I'm most excited about now, too.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

who the hell is pk

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
The pain ghost who's destined to be stuck on Max for the rest of this comic.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The next ghost/spirit in Max's squad should be named PL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ezzer posted:

who the hell is pk
He's fire.

:supaburn: