Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

The game of thrones episode is transcendental

I feel like there is one coming up for Westworld

*crosses my fingats*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

No joke I have about zero brains when they aren't on google and i looked this up and finally made the connection

Same composer, herf

Buy his Westworld album it's dope

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
I just finished season 2 of Master of None. Jesus what a great show. I watched the last 4 episodes back to back.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
It made me depressed but yeah Master of None is a great show.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Is season 2 of Master of None that much better than season 1? I watched most of the first season but got distracted and forgot to finish it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Inspector 34 posted:

Is season 2 of Master of None that much better than season 1? I watched most of the first season but got distracted and forgot to finish it.

Yes. I just finished it. It's gonna pull at those heart strings.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Holy poo poo The Keepers is one insane story.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm having issues with Hulu lately. First it hangs up on my PS4, and the Android ap has a new and very terrible interface, but at least it works.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm having issues with Hulu lately. First it hangs up on my PS4, and the Android ap has a new and very terrible interface, but at least it works.

The app on my TV loves to play the second batch of commercials and then completely crash.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hulu has always been a garbage fire of an app, though. Their search on consoles is just unforgivable.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inzombiac posted:

The app on my TV loves to play the second batch of commercials and then completely crash.

It was doing that for me for a while, then it stopped.

food court bailiff posted:

Hulu has always been a garbage fire of an app, though. Their search on consoles is just unforgivable.

Have you seen the new app interface? They've apparently decided that it looked too much like Netflix and made it impossible to navigate

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fixed that for you. They launched when I lived in the dorms and I wanted to try it out but the internet was super lovely. So it would take a good 20 minutes to load to the first commercial break. Then about five or so to load through the commercials and then just repeat the process. It would make a 30 minute show take about an hour because of all the stopping to load.

Then there's the shenanigans the networks pull. You pay for Hulu so you can watch current TV shows but oh sorry (Network) says you only get to watch the three newest because gently caress you that's why. And on top of you paying for the benefit of only watching the three newest episodes you also get commercials unless you pay even more on top of that.

And yeah there's some shows you can watch just fine without an account but having a paid account gives absolutely no benefit. You'd think a perk of a standard pay account would be removal of commercials on free shows but nope because ???.

:goonsay:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Eh, I have Hulu because they gave it to me for $5 a month, plus I get to watch some good shows I normally couldn't watch due to not having cable TV.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Len posted:

Then there's the shenanigans the networks pull. You pay for Hulu so you can watch current TV shows but oh sorry (Network) says you only get to watch the three newest because gently caress you that's why. And on top of you paying for the benefit of only watching the three newest episodes you also get commercials unless you pay even more on top of that.

And yeah there's some shows you can watch just fine without an account but having a paid account gives absolutely no benefit. You'd think a perk of a standard pay account would be removal of commercials on free shows but nope because ???.

Hulu is owned by Disney/ABC, Comcast/NBC, Fox, and some other media companies. They have a vested interest in not making it as good as or better than cable. gently caress Hulu.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
F is for Family season 2 is on Netflix. I'm halfway through it and I'm liking it more than the first season.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
First episode of Sense8 had intriguing bits but also lots of weird monologues and ponderous dialogue. Worth continuing?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rolo posted:

F is for Family season 2 is on Netflix. I'm halfway through it and I'm liking it more than the first season.

Took me a few episodes to get into S1 but I really liked it. And I agree, S2 is even better so far. (I'm only a few episodes in)

Forever_Peace posted:

First episode of Sense8 had intriguing bits but also lots of weird monologues and ponderous dialogue. Worth continuing?

I got maybe halfway through episode 1 and turned it off, no interest. But the show has it fans.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

wormil posted:

Took me a few episodes to get into S1 but I really liked it. And I agree, S2 is even better so far. (I'm only a few episodes in)

I just finished it, the ending of the last episode is absolutely incredible.

No spoilers, report back.

E: and Smokey is the best boss ever portrayed on television.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Jun 1, 2017

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I like House of Cards, but I think it's about time to wrap this poo poo up. The original was like a 5 episode miniseries.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Eh, this version does its own thing but it would have been perfect if the last season ended with Spacey becoming potus for real (but losing everything else in life), the end. It's just that reality is way more insane than tv and it's becoming too obvious that they're trying to top it without regard if it's good for the show or not. Is this new season the last one?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
The Keepers on Netflix is depressing as gently caress.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

A lot of the dialogue on Riverdale, the noir-ish crime story set in a gritty Archie reboot, is really bad. Some of the acting is just astoundingly wooden.

...And yet, I can't stop watching. It's like a virus.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

A lot of the dialogue on Riverdale, the noir-ish crime story set in a gritty Archie reboot, is really bad. Some of the acting is just astoundingly wooden.

I've been watching it too and same

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Sense8 is cancelled.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
edit: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Forever_Peace posted:

Give it a couple episodes to introduce everybody and give you an idea of the whole situation they're dealing with, then decide. There are eight primary characters, so it takes a minute to flesh out who everybody is. I think it's pretty darn good, but don't force yourself to watch it if you're not enjoying it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Strange is up on Netflix. I gave it a second watch.
Still good. Some jokes that don't land but it is a visual treat.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Inzombiac posted:

Doctor Strange is up on Netflix. I gave it a second watch.
Still good. Some jokes that don't land but it is a visual treat.

V good on psychedelics.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Sense8 was loving canceled. Goddamnit.

The Keepers makes me super duper conflicted, and I'm a protestant who was forced to attend catholic school and personally observed a metric truckload of horrific hypocritical bullshit - but I still struggle to believe that things got THAT weird, and THAT high-level. I mean I will straight-up say that most catholics are hypocritical sacks of poo poo but I can't believe that there was a police+military+clergy underage sex abuse conspiracy that just ran for like, at least a decade or so? What the gently caress, in my school if kids got called to the principals' office that often, SOMEONE BROUGHT IT UP what the christ.

The Keepers is good entertainment but holy poo poo, it made me defend the catholic church, which is an institution that I truly feel is basically completely morally bankrupt.

I mean I'm not sure where to come down on the fence after watching but it sure as poo poo made me deal with some feels.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coyo7e posted:

Sense8 was loving canceled. Goddamnit.

The Keepers makes me super duper conflicted, and I'm a protestant who was forced to attend catholic school and personally observed a metric truckload of horrific hypocritical bullshit - but I still struggle to believe that things got THAT weird, and THAT high-level. I mean I will straight-up say that most catholics are hypocritical sacks of poo poo but I can't believe that there was a police+military+clergy underage sex abuse conspiracy that just ran for like, at least a decade or so? What the gently caress, in my school if kids got called to the principals' office that often, SOMEONE BROUGHT IT UP what the christ.

The Keepers is good entertainment but holy poo poo, it made me defend the catholic church, which is an institution that I truly feel is basically completely morally bankrupt.

I mean I'm not sure where to come down on the fence after watching but it sure as poo poo made me deal with some feels.

I mean, it was a thing though? Like it's based on truth.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Legion is extremely good. You should watch it before it expires off Hulu

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Eh, this version does its own thing but it would have been perfect if the last season ended with Spacey becoming potus for real (but losing everything else in life), the end. It's just that reality is way more insane than tv and it's becoming too obvious that they're trying to top it without regard if it's good for the show or not. Is this new season the last one?

It's not, I'm really hoping the next one is. I really enjoy the show, as I mentioned, its just becoming very predictable "crazy backstabbing, manipulative politics over and over and over and over." I don't know if predictable is the word, formulaic maybe? They keep trying to top themselves (and real life as you mentioned) , but they've done so many over the top things that nothing's really a surprise any more. You know Frank and Claire will lie to, manipulate, backstab, and murder anyone as long as it progresses their agenda, and (season 5 spoiler I suppose?) will probably do any of those things to each other, too. I enjoyed this season and I still like the twisted, dark political drama, I just hope they wrap it up while it's still a good thing, rather than drawing it out for another 5 seasons because it's a successful show that makes Netflix money.

For the record, I haven't seen the original British miniseries, but would really like to. I may break down and buy the DVDs from Amazon soon enough, it looks like it's right around $20 for the full thing.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
British House of Cards is on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/title/70200744

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Oh that's awesome I had no idea, thanks.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

The first episode had a definite Twin Peaks vibe, what with the small town murder story and the ensemble cast of surreal, endearing but eerie characters, but by the second episode it becomes a typical YA novel. I endured the whole season and I have to admit that some characters remain interesting, mostly the Blossoms and Alice Cooper (ugh...), and I really love what they did with some of the costumes in regard to paying homage to the original comics, but I've never seen my interest in a show drop so quickly as for Riverdale.

Performances are also all over the place, with Luke Perry acting all drama-like while Madelaine Petsch chews the scenery like a 70s Bond villain.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rolo posted:

I just finished it, the ending of the last episode is absolutely incredible.

No spoilers, report back.

E: and Smokey is the best boss ever portrayed on television.

Late, I finished it awhile ago but S2 was awesome. My wife loving hates this show. She just can't see the beauty in it. Honestly it's the most honest and true portrayal of the 70's in a modern show. Netflix.

Been binging The 100. When it came out I thought it sounded interesting but goons were unkind so I dismissed it. Those goons were wrong. It is a kick rear end, action packed show that has my whole family enthralled. Not sure how but it really tugs at various emotional strings. I'm constantly furious or sad. No other show does that to me. Netflix.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
3rd season falls flat for me.

But Lincoln is also the main star of American Gods :fap:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

3rd season falls flat for me.

But Lincoln is also the main star of American Gods :fap:

Someone in sci-fi thread pointed out that Lincoln is Shadow and welp

I need to cut back on the de-greaser

Hope he doesn't get typecast as "that guy" who keeps getting the poo poo kicked out of him

e: i loves space 90210

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jun 20, 2017

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I liked the 100
The characters (acting) and plot vastly improve after 10 or so episodes, pretty greusome for the seemingly early teen friendly vibes at the start. Some of the action is a bit unbelievable but the rest ends up pretty solid.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

I liked the 100
The characters (acting) and plot vastly improve after 10 or so episodes, pretty greusome for the seemingly early teen friendly vibes at the start. Some of the action is a bit unbelievable but the rest ends up pretty solid.

When Mike Beach (Third Watch) started being on The 100 it uh *heh* grounded it a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12uUvXnu-I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Going through Star Wars: Clone Wars on Netflix and it's just been so entertaining.