Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Healbot posted:

Pfffff look at this guy who didn't preorder it from NISA UK :smug:

I went digital because I could get it early but NISA in the US is really good about shipping. I always get the games a few days before street date when I buy direct from them as long as I pre-order pretty early on. Their shipping department isn't that large and if you order when most of the stuff is already sold you are probably getting it late since they ship first come first serve. Basically if someone sells out you can get stuff up to a week early, or if you are one of the last people a week late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I thought I would like Disgaea and it would be fun to try to break the game, which seems like the goal.

Then I played it and there were 20 intersecting systems and it overwhelmed me and it seemed like you could break them against eachother but it didn't seem fun to me to try.

Did I miss something?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I thought I would like Disgaea and it would be fun to try to break the game, which seems like the goal.

Then I played it and there were 20 intersecting systems and it overwhelmed me and it seemed like you could break them against eachother but it didn't seem fun to me to try.

Did I miss something?

The systems have been slowly added over the course of several games to add more ways to break the game, it might be overwhelming to someone just entering. Start with figuring out the item world. It's the very first thing and how you broke the first game. You can break the game still using only the item world so ignore everything else and play it as leveling up items while leveling up your characters in random dungeons. Keep going into different items as things start to get a bit too high level and slowly working your way up.

Less optimal than jumping into the character world as you can but still fun and game breaking. I've been known to be indecisive on what I want to focus on and do laps around the base for 20 minutes figuring out what I want to do with the play session, and Item world is always a great fallback.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do we know if the Arms Testpunch (:lol:) will allow private matches?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pixaal posted:

Because it has $100 worth of DLC included.

is it actual DLC or is it filled with cosmetic DLCs

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/stonepa11/status/867063650464485377

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Every day we stray further from God's light.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I kinda like the rabbids but an Ubisoft developed RPG sounds like something that has a very small chance of being good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Furs535ly94g

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.m not interested in buying a Switch anymore

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013
Nintendo lost me a bit in the WiiU/3DS era, so i didn't own those consoles.
However, with the Switcht, BotW and MK8D i am really getting sucked into Nintendo-Stuff again.

QUESTION: Do you know of any nice Video showing a little bit of the Splatoon 1 story/events? Unless they remake it for the Switch, i don't think i will get around to playing it myself, but i'm getting very curious now :)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

NormenKD posted:

Nintendo lost me a bit in the WiiU/3DS era, so i didn't own those consoles.
However, with the Switcht, BotW and MK8D i am really getting sucked into Nintendo-Stuff again.

QUESTION: Do you know of any nice Video showing a little bit of the Splatoon 1 story/events? Unless they remake it for the Switch, i don't think i will get around to playing it myself, but i'm getting very curious now :)

tl;dr: Octopii are bad.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

is it actual DLC or is it filled with cosmetic DLCs

Mostly characters from previous games, which are really powerful and fun to use. If you are just going to use generic characters and not the uniques not really useful, but many of them are far more powerful base line and better attack patterns due to being DLC. Also Lahral (both prince and girl) are great characters with a ton of personality that poo poo on every other Disgaea character ever created and it's a shame the story for the games aren't all direct sequels following him / her rampaging the netherworlds messing around with humans in space and angels.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Rabbids were Minions before Minions existed, but luckily they were just ruining Rayman games between 3 and Origins and not popping up in lovely memes on your grandparents' facebook feed. I was so glad when they were completely absent from Rayman Origins and Legends, so you can imagine my despair when They're Baaaaack :negative:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

what's with the arm cannon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I thought those dumb things stopped being a thing 10+ years ago.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

theyare back

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

a.lo posted:

theyare back

rabbids peach owns

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

From the E3 thread...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sam Faust posted:

From the E3 thread...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

we could have had super mario rpg tactics but instead we got a double dose of poison with 1) a loving ubisoft game and 2) rabbids

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Like the bullet bill Mega Buster

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jesus christ yoshi is murdering someone

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yoshi looks like he has a Super Scope 6. Time to crank up the ole analysis machine.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A game that literally nobody wanted.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Leaking this early won't make them not dedicate at least seven minutes in the E3 Digital Event to the game if anyone was hoping that would be the case.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You're going to suffer through 10 minutes of Bill Trinen explaining basic gameplay mechanics and you're going to like it, God drat it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a piece of concept art, I don't know why anyone would expect them to feel no need for announcing or explaining the game now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/867086373404069889
Full art leaked now.

Is it just me or do the proportions for the Mario characters look off?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 23, 2017

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Wow. Is it too late to have Mario cross over with literally any other Ubisoft property?

Mario + Prince of Persia: Bowser's Sands of Time

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
One positive is that this abomination purportedly runs on Ubisoft's Snowdrop Engine, the same engine as The Fractured but Whole. So maybe there isn't any technical reason why South Park couldn't come to the Switch eventually?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
New Metroid is looking good.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Full art leaked now.

Mario's a plumber. He should be able to fix this leak.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Imagined posted:

One positive is that this abomination purportedly runs on Ubisoft's Snowdrop Engine, the same engine as The Fractured but Whole. So maybe there isn't any technical reason why South Park couldn't come to the Switch eventually?

"South Park might come to the Switch" is in fact another negative.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

I liked the first game. :shrug:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's a piece of concept art, I don't know why anyone would expect them to feel no need for announcing or explaining the game now.

I remember like, a week or so before the 2013 Keighley Awards the final box-art for Tropical Freeze showed up on Amazon or some retailer and pretty much revealed to everyone that Crank Kong would be playable.

However at the same time Geoff was hyping up that Reggie was going to be at the Awards and will be showing off something "Exclusive". Since Cranky Kong was already more or less revealed at that point a few stalwart hopefuls were sure that Reggie either already had something different to show off, or that if Cranky Kong was his surprise that it would now have to be changed to something else because everyone already knows about Cranky Kong. Like maybe a new Smash Bros. 4 character reveal trailer or Majora's Mask for 3DS!

Nope, Cranky Kong was still the big surprise.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
If that game is a cool, large, turn-based Mario RPG with goofy rear end side characters I am going to love it. It will probably suck, though.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

The RPG one a couple years ago was actually OK, I'll take the Switch version over the PC one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

The RPG one a couple years ago was actually OK, I'll take the Switch version over the PC one.

It was better and funnier than anything on the show in over a decade, and an Obsidian game. The only downside was the so so combat, which is the main thing they've changed mechanically with this new one.

• Locked thread