Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Double Bill posted:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9626623

Well done doing exactly what the Suomi Ensin -people wanted. They'll tout this as indisputable proof of double standards

Good. They need to be taught what it's like to be a displaced persecuted minority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Sori vaan, mutta menitte feikkiuutishalpaan! :ohdear:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

drat YLE'd again

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rappaport posted:

Sori vaan, mutta menitte feikkiuutishalpaan! :ohdear:

Double Bill posted:

drat YLE'd again

tulee yleverolle vastinetta

silloin kun ne ei tee uutisia poliitikkojen komentojen mukaan ne alkaa keksimään uutisia

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

saisio puhuu mitä tapahtui hesarin haastattelun jälkeen: http://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9624830

ei paljon yllätä

Hmm turns out we're herd animals who disregard reason the moment there is a "us and them" situation at hand. :eyepop:

Saisio seems like a sensible person so it doesn't surprise me that she got a ton of leftist poo poo poured on her.

Hogge Wild posted:

ehkä tuollaiset porukat alkavat ihan luonnostaan rakentua kulttimaisiksi
KAIKKI porukat. Tervetuloa ihmisyyteen.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Now let me talk about eugenics...

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Also can you hear the bridge drum?

https://www.suomenuutiset.fi/kaakko...a-35-miljoonaa/

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

jos se motoGP osakilpailu saadaan suomeen, kyllä se maksaa itsensä takaisin turismissa

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

Do you really think that is kuppi nurin? I got like five sites of FinPol where I have right-wing pussies skirting far and wide.

paha perse nukkemestari

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

paha perse nukkemestari

MÅDS MIKKELSEN PLS

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

paha perse nukkemestari

Thanks for the compliment but it is really more of a fish + barrel type of situation, as you should know pretty well. Like said, a guilty pleasure :discourse:

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

paha perse nukkemestari

Name change mods?

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
The problem with someone like Pirkko Saisio is that they're always speaking up now when the public discussion about stuff like immigration has been going on for 10 years, and she keeps mouthing the same platitudes as always.

Never mind bringing up completely irrelevant poo poo like the taistoites ityool 2017, when the movement hasn't been relevant for over 30 years, and even when it existed, it was a marginal minority communist group. She's not bringing anything new or relevant to the table.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kemper Boyd posted:

The problem with someone like Pirkko Saisio is that they're always speaking up now when the public discussion about stuff like immigration has been going on for 10 years, and she keeps mouthing the same platitudes as always.

Never mind bringing up completely irrelevant poo poo like the taistoites ityool 2017, when the movement hasn't been relevant for over 30 years, and even when it existed, it was a marginal minority communist group. She's not bringing anything new or relevant to the table.

Sigh. Friend, you don't possibly know what she is talking about in this case, it wasn't about new revolutionary views or how people react. It's ahh-ah, "not from your point of view". You are probably used to people calling everyone with opinions differing to yours nazis, right (note: this was a hyperbole, also a bit of a joke)? But try setting into her boots.

Fom her point of view, it probably actually comes as a surprise that you can't talk of reasonable amounts of immigration to country X, or horrible migrant crime statistics, or how we should handle asluym seekers other than giving everyone an apartment and money forever, and stuff like that, without people (who are supposed to be your ideological pals and friends) starting to scream about nazis and racims and labeling you a far right sychopant and thus forth. Like huh, really? Is this topic so banned?

Saisio makes an *ideological error* of dissent so it's like "wtf?" people completely fly off the handle, like your worst imaginable racists and transphobes or arachnophobes or IKD what the current fashionable phobics are.

She is arguably genuinely shocked how aggressive and hateful people who she thinks she is on cahoots with really are.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 23, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Kemper Boyd posted:

on hyvä että se tuli vihdoinkin järkiinsä

toivottavasti niin tekee moni muukin

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Once again I'm surprised that some people apparently have lived in a cave for the past decade or so. "You can't talk about immigration!" Is something only a idiotic people insulated in their own bubbles (as Saisio admits being) say.

You can. We have, for as long as I can remember and with about 500% more intensity for the past few years. Could link to easily 50 articles publisged on it around tbe world on multiple languages inside a week. Then there is TV, news, public forums, political campaigns, everyday discussions...

People who say that you can't discuss about immigration usually say that because they are surprised that the majority of population thinks that limiting people's rights based on their race or nationality, letting people drown, breaking refugee and aid legislation that we ourselves benefited on etc. Are rear end in a top hat things to do, and then are somehoe shocked that they get the treatment they deserve: that of an rear end in a top hat

Anyone who voices their opinion on anything in the internet is attacked, especially if they are famous at all. This is a reality on subjects as wide-ranging as national borders to xylophones. If you don't understand this reality of the internet, you have really been living inside a bubble and I would like to direct you to the nearest Youtube or news comments section.

The thing is, had Saisio been pro-refugee she would have recieved murder and rape threats among other such things so trying to equate the two sides is a failed pathetic attempt once more and the crocodile tears of certain people who label anyone who complains about those as whiners is not really very convincing.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 23, 2017

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
literally a self-fulfilling prophecy lmao

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

literally a self-fulfilling prophecy lmao

Ah, now it is a bad thing to criticize someone because they are "on your side". Can't break party ranks! When the gently caress did not being 100% fanatically loyal to some imagined side become a sin? Are you really pro-kupla?

And point out what I said in the post that Saisio did not herself state? You're so eager to jump at shitposting that you make it painfully clear you have not even read the original article. This is literally the first sentence, you dunce:

quote:

Pirkko Saisio on elänyt vuosikymmenet punavihreässä kuplassa
http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000005207819.html

Do you really think she hasn't lived a a sheltered life? She is a wealthy 60-something life-long artist who was born into a communist family in Helsinki and graduated from freaking Theatre School, I happen to agree with her, why do you disagree?

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 23, 2017

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Saisio is a rich liberal, I'm a poor communist, so I am not on her side in any sense.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

Ah, now it is a bad thing to criticize someone because they are "on your side". Can't break party ranks! When the gently caress did not being 100% fanatically loyal to some imagined side become a sin? Are you really pro-kupla?

And point out what I said in the post that Saisio did not herself state? You're so eager to jump at shitposting that you make it painfully clear you have not even read the original article. This is literally the first sentence, you dunce:

Do you really think she hasn't lived a a sheltered life? She is a wealthy 60-something life-long artist who was born into a communist family in Helsinki and graduated from freaking Theatre School, I happen to agree with her, why do you disagree?

that's all cool and good but not what i said or what i was implying

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kemper Boyd posted:

Saisio is a rich liberal, I'm a poor communist, so I am not on her side in any sense.

I don't think she is a communist, but her parents certainly were.

Apparently people find it shocking that someone who's spent most of their life in Kallio in a self-admitted bubble might *gasp* not be aware that you can, and everyone loving has been talking about immigration and in that conversation one side holds an absolute monopoly on horrific words and deeds.

Literally hundreds of examples of people talking about immigration!

On this thread alone! :psyduck:

If she wants an insult-free medium then she should not have chosen the loving internet to claim what is an easily proven falsehood. I mean she is an artist there has to be someone absolutely making GBS threads on her somewhere out there somewhere because they didn't like her book.

that's all cool and good but not what i said or what i was implying

Well then by all means explain, because right now we only have that post to go on and in the current context it sure as poo poo looks like it was exactly that :keke:

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 23, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I think what Fushigi Yuugi fansub is trying to say is "please put me in the ignore list".

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Rexroom posted:

I know we are Finns, but god drat is the level of intelligent debate here on the level of a troglodyte. Even "Suomi ensin" campers are capable of a more rewarding discussion.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rexroom posted:

I think what Fushigi Yuugi fansub is trying to say is "please put me in the ignore list".

please stop owning him

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rexroom posted:

That's for pussies and Ligurs.

It is called Debate and Discussion, abstaining from it kind of goes against all that. I know what the internet is.

kek

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Itse olen viime aikoina yrittänyt nousta tämä jatkuvan lokeroinnin ja turhan väittelyn yläpuolelle. Nykyään olen samaa mieltä aina muiden ihmisten kanssa asioista. Keskustelut ja kanssakäymiset helpottuneet huomattavasti kun ei ole enää tullut mitään tappelua tai kinastelua asioista. Sanoisin että näitäkin ihmisiä varmaan helpottaisi jos osaisivat jättää ne mielipiteet välillä sinne taka-alalle ja eivät kokoajan yrittäisi aloittaa argumentteja.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

That's for pussies and Ligurs.

It is called Debate and Discussion, abstaining from it kind of goes against all that. I know what the internet is.

kek

:agreed:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I liked the original reasonable_hitler.jpg better.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

kikkelivelho posted:

Itse olen viime aikoina yrittänyt nousta tämä jatkuvan lokeroinnin ja turhan väittelyn yläpuolelle. Nykyään olen samaa mieltä aina muiden ihmisten kanssa asioista. Keskustelut ja kanssakäymiset helpottuneet huomattavasti kun ei ole enää tullut mitään tappelua tai kinastelua asioista. Sanoisin että näitäkin ihmisiä varmaan helpottaisi jos osaisivat jättää ne mielipiteet välillä sinne taka-alalle ja eivät kokoajan yrittäisi aloittaa argumentteja.

Mielestäni olet väärässä.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

kikkelivelho posted:

Personally I reserve arguments to the internet. I do like calling dumb people dumb and elaborating why and how they are dumb in detail though, while they're reduced to sad trolling or avoiding me like the plague. And as the internet has proven, so do a lot of other people. Personally I think that as a medium where people can unload their adversity is overall a good thing for society as long as it is in the confines of data. I don't think places like Stormfront, etc. should be removed from the internet, about 99.9% of the membership are sad rejects who have failed in their lives and can't get off their rear end to get a job, much less actually bomb someone. Happy to pay my taxes to keep them alive as long as they confine their hate to places I never would visit (and would get banned in a nanosecond anyway), honestly that is a pretty good deal to me. And if they happen to venture to the places I hang around in, hell, aren't we both in a way providing a valuable way for us to let some of that anger go off harmlessly?

gently caress, can you imagine living at a time when every argument had to be done with someone, live? Holy poo poo, that was the only way you could tell someone off, no wonder everyone was so loving pissed off all the time. In glorious 2017 arguments are mostly conducted in a way that leaves other people completely the option to avoid that and anyone who yells at people in public spaces or yells at someone in general is considered a piece of poo poo at best or lunatic at worst. That is loving magical right there.

Do you people actually argue about politics with people, in real life? With your friends? With your co-workers? With your family? My god you all must hate each other. The less I know about what my grandma thinks about the state of the world the better and since she grew up in literal backwards third world conditions, she probably feels the same about me. We like to talk about family history!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 23, 2017

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
My (extended) family does like to talk about politics quite a bit, but we're mostly a bunch of do-gooders working in fields like medicine, social work, education or doing research so basically there tends to not be crazy fights over it. We also like arguing things just for the hell of it and entertaining positions we don't necessarily really hold if it leads to interesting discussion. It's hard to get disowned by your dad when your big disagreement of the night is how to tweak the VAT :v:

edit: Obviously it's a whole different situation from a lot of people.

Kehveli fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 23, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Kehveli posted:

My (extended) family does like to talk about politics quite a bit, but we're mostly a bunch of do-gooders working in fields like medicine, social work, education or doing research so basically there tends to not be crazy fights over it. We also like arguing things just for the hell of it and entertaining positions we don't necessarily really hold if it leads to interesting discussion. It's hard to get disowned by your dad when your big disagreement of the night is how to tweak the VAT :v:

edit: Obviously it's a whole different situation from a lot of people.

eli te olette kaikki siis veronmaksajien elättejä

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you're not "far left" you are, quite literally, anti-human and without any redemption.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

eli te olette kaikki siis veronmaksajien elättejä

turpa kiinni vauvva äiä

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

Metka havainto ja en tiedä oliko kokonaan pelkkää sarkasmia vai ei, mutta. Eihän tuo niin vaikeaa ole. Vaikka olisikin mielipide tai argumentti, sen voi sanoa tapaan "taivas on usein iltaisin oranssi havaintojeni mukaan kun pajauttelen ja/tai katson kiikarilla" ja jos joku onkin eri mieltä, et heti ala huutamaan pää punaisena natsia/kommaria (jälkimmäistä ei juuri täällä tapahdu mutta muualla kyllä). Ja sen jälkeen itkemään "sinä haluat miljoonien ihmisten kuolevan" tai listaa erilaisia mielentervesongelmia joita kanssakeskustalijalla on, vaan jatkaa ihan normaalisti. Asiat sujuvat oikein mukavasti.

Vähän niinkuin ns. normaalissa elämässä siellä netin ulkopuolella (god baby black jesus christ meillä kaikilla olevan sellainen), ei kukaan sielläkään toimi noin, jotta heti alkaa kirkumaan ja kuola roiskuu suusta, jos jonkun mielestä taivas onkin punainen.

Mutta oho, sehän toimii netissäkin noin?! Ei hirveen vaikeeta.

Kehveli posted:

My (extended) family does like to talk about politics quite a bit, but we're mostly a bunch of do-gooders working in fields like medicine, social work, education or doing research so basically there tends to not be crazy fights over it. We also like arguing things just for the hell of it and entertaining positions we don't necessarily really hold if it leads to interesting discussion.

edit: tottakai on pelkkiä trolleja jotka haluavat ainoastaan kinata netissä, ei siitäkään pääse mihinkään. Mutta ei kaikkien tarvitse olla, eivätkä ole. Tuosta perheestä voisi ottaa mallia you see, guyz.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 23, 2017

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Mitähän tämä volk oikeasti ajattelee, joiden kanssa "natsien" kanssa keskusteleminen on kiellettyä ja tulisi myös eri keinoin kieltää, bannata, ja muutenkin epämahdollistaa yms. Sekä pelkää kovasti natseja koko ajan joka paikassa, jos eivät laskeudu kuusta niin kohta tulevat Itä-Euroopasta tai jostain, mutta tulossa ovat. En nyt puhu tästä foorumista vaan yleensä, kun tuota tuloo vastaan kuitekin aika usein ja vähän pistää virnuiluttamaan.

Skenaario 1:
- Natsi: "Mediän pitää murhata kaikki juutalaiset!"
- Tavallinen ihminen : "Juu tottakai. Kelpo ajatus! Uunit lämpimäksi!!"

Skenaario 2:
- Natsi: "Mediän pitää murhata kaikki juutalaiset!"
- Tavallinen ihminen : "Joopa joo, älä Pekka viitti taas."

Kun siis, tuo jälkimmäinen on ilmiselvästi se mitä tapahtuu. Mitä ihmettä jengi pelkää, vai onko olemassa ihmisiä jotka _oikeasti_ kuvittelevat, että "natsit" alkavat uunittamaan porukkaa jos niiden antaa sanoa netissä tai telkussa, että maanahmuutto (tai joku muu lemppariasia) tuli hoidettua paskasti?

What is going on? Is amazing! Is also hilarious. In sad way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

Mediän pitää murhata kaikki juutalaiset!
Mediän pitää murhata kaikki juutalaiset!

Well now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

huutamaan pää punaisena

tai listaa erilaisia mielentervesongelmia joita kanssakeskustalijalla on

alkaa kirkumaan ja kuola roiskuu suusta

Ei hirveen vaikeeta.

Uhriutujamestari posted:

New bureaucratic ruling! You now need two different official safety cards (tieturvakortti & työturvallisuuskortti, afaik cost 150-200€ for both depending on the place you train) to plant plowing sticks (aurauskeppi), something which many sports clubs do to collect some money.

Which, of course, they won't do anymore as public officials enforce the säädös. A few days ago I also learned it is illegal to pick trash from the street without the first card and iirc you have to take the trash to a recycling center, not the first trash bin. Or you might get fined! (Some unemployed guy thought he'd pick trash as he had nothing else to do. But found out that isn't allowed.)

ALLAN LASSUS: "you understand this LITERALLY INSANE ruling is there to prevent blind people from falling over unenmployed dudes picking trash?"
Darkcrawler: "you live in an igloo in the desert because you haven't noticed the loving plowing stick planters block people on their way to McDonalds"
Kember Boyd "picking trash and planting any sort of sticks should be banned anyway as the lack of trash and glowing sticks offend my artistic sensibilities" *smugface*
Oldsmobile: "you're just angry for losing your white privilege by having to pay for picking trash on your own time"

Ok Oldsmobile is fine and probably has an IQ above the number of his shoe unlike the first guy over there, I just find it funny he can see bureaucrats sadistically trouncing the population at large from that point of view.

edit:

Hahahah one more from the morning, a grill kiosk owner is not allowed to sell beer by handing it out from the window. Instead he must let the customer in. Of course we're at a point where we should just start throwing pebbles and empty beer cans at anyone who follows or tries to enforce rules like these but since we're nice obedient little taxpaying Finns we won't.

Hey ALLAN tell me how this literally insane ruling is here to prevent people from being struck in the head by flower pots falling from the empty sky when they make the dastardly beer exchange. They're protected from this while inside, after all.

Ligur posted:

Ja sen jälkeen itkemään