Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

name her after a videogame character

Junkrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

an actual dog posted:

I read an interview with a guy who translates the Yakuza games and the subject of the sexy minigames came up, which is something that Sega used to take out of the western ports of the series. He basically said that there's no way they could take them out anymore, because there would be so much backlash.

🤔

Is the backlash real? I assumed it was mostly breathless videos posted by a few dudes with anime avatars.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium if your daughter hates anime I hope you won't disown her.

It's my tragic origin story, my dad owns 50 replica katanas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

one piece is good. just ask.... my wonderful new daughter who will probably love it !! :hai:
name her Minium

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Aerith Aeris Oddiumdotter

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Is the backlash real? I assumed it was mostly breathless videos posted by a few dudes with anime avatars.

Those guys got a woman fired over a boob slider (that she wasn't responsible for removing in the first place).

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

an actual dog posted:

I read an interview with a guy who translates the Yakuza games and the subject of the sexy minigames came up, which is something that Sega used to take out of the western ports of the series. He basically said that there's no way they could take them out anymore, because there would be so much backlash.

🤔

I mean that's your market for these extremely Japanese-culture heavy games. If they want the softcore titty, well, what can u do

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Cowcaster posted:

name her after a videogame character

Melinda Megamelons

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

oddium posted:

one piece is good. just ask.... my wonderful new daughter who will probably love it !! :hai:

Grats

It's gonna be weird when one piece is the old folks anime and all the kids are into some new edgy series

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

Grats

It's gonna be weird when one piece is the old folks anime and all the kids are into some new edgy series

I thought that was already the case.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

an actual dog posted:

🤔

I know they cut out good stuff as well, and it can be argued it messes with the vibe of the series, but I actually really like the way they handled the hostess stuff in Yakuza 3 by keeping them in, but instead of having to waste hours on the mostly boring hostess dates, they reshape them as aggressively forward women who hang out in burger shops. So you get the fun side quests and still get to sing karaoke.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
we really shouldn't be wishing anime on our children especially when they already have the trial of having a goon parent.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tap my mountain posted:

Grats

One Piece is 20 years old, grandpa.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Melinda Megamelons

is... is that a real thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

is... is that a real thing

Looks like someone needs to play a Way of the Samurai game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Motto posted:

Funfact: the artist of the OPM manga, Murata, designed Dust Man and Crystal Man as a kid. There's a little comic about it in the MM complete works artbook.

He was just really into Crystal Dust.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

I mean that's your market for these extremely Japanese-culture heavy games. If they want the softcore titty, well, what can u do

It's good that they left em in, it's bad that if they made a choice these assholes disagreed with they risk a harassment campaign.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

an actual dog posted:

It's good that they left em in,

No it isn't.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
My browser has parental locks on it, so I can only get off to optional Yakuza minigames such as Phonesex and Super Hang-on

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

One Piece is 20 years old, grandpa.

I mean when its a full generation old. One Piece aint too old yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

an actual dog posted:

🤔

Good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

nah, it's Akagi

which is also game related (in that mahjongg is a game)

Akagi finished like amonth ago

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Feeeel like I'm getting towards the end of Persona 4- just got through Heaven dungeon and fought the guy with an orbital gear thingy on his head.

drat it's been a while since I've played such a long game- maybe I don't want to jump into P5 right after this...

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You do.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Blizzard has really perfected the combination of giving you what you want while being scummy as gently caress about it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Feeeel like I'm getting towards the end of Persona 4- just got through Heaven dungeon and fought the guy with an orbital gear thingy on his head.

Now's a good time to start saving often, maybe in multiple slots. I don't really remember how Persona 4 handles restarts in these scenarios, but some of the upcoming dialog sections are important for determining what ending you get.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

No it isn't.

At that point you're asking to have a discussion of women and sexuality in Japanese culture and that's not a subject I can comment on

FauxLeather posted:

My browser has parental locks on it, so I can only get off to optional Yakuza minigames such as Phonesex and Super Hang-on

If you don't get rock hard from super hang-on i don't know what to tell you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sakurazuka posted:

Season 1 was cool but season 2 has been amazing so far.

I'm debating watching what's been made of season 2 thus far but then I dunno if I'd rather wait and binge the whole thing

I didn't even expect to binge watch season 1 yesterday, I thought I'dwatch one or two episodes just to see if I liked it. I guess I did :v:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sefal posted:

Now I have to check [Shokugeki no Souma] out. Thought it was a dumb show about food.

I tried to watch it once, because I really like cooking and would be totally down for a dumb show about food. I watched as a high school aged girl ate some food and then acted like she was cumming, then another high school aged girl was forcefully fed octopus and it did a cutaway to her being stripped and raped by a giant octopus. This happened within the first 3 minutes of the first episode. I stopped watching at that point.

It was basically all of the things I completely hate about anime.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only anime I would consider watching are Jeff Gerstmann-approved Polar Bear Cafe and Wakakozake.

Also possibly that one with all the cats and the cats each represent a different country

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I tried to watch it once, because I really like cooking and would be totally down for a dumb show about food.

Wakakozake might work for you

Edit: Also I might watch that basketball anime, I have only seen clips of it and I should really watch the rest since those clips are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeY2P4PqsY

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 23, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I stopped watching at that point.

like five minutes later it shows this shady real estate agent chick and her two beefy bodyguards eating a beef bowl and having orgasms also

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

At that point you're asking to have a discussion of women and sexuality in Japanese culture and that's not a subject I can comment on

I just find them really tedious and lovely gameplay wise even putting aside the monstrous sexism, and fun moves and unlockables are gated behind them. So in my view removing them or at least greatly truncating them would be a 100% improvement.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wakakozake might work for you

I've actually read a bunch of the manga, but I didn't know it had been animated!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/867088137008402434

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Mario with a freaking gun buster

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess we're finally at the oft-rumored "what if Mario had a GUN" zone now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

He stole Mega Man's buster because Mega Man was no good in Smash Bros

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

If it's still an RPG, looks like it's time to do the "the rabbids stay dead through the whole game" gimmick run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What were they going for when they designed the rabbids

• Locked thread