Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy

quote:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS ANNUAL #1
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art and cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
“Brothers in Arms”! When Red Hood discovers a new wave of criminal activity in Gotham City with a traveling circus at its epicenter, he recruits Nightwing to help the Outlaws infiltrate the big top! Can the two would-be brothers put their differences aside and crack the case? Or will their division be the harbinger of their demise?
On sale AUGUST 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #13
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by DEXTER SOY
Cover by MIKE McKONE
Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“THE LIFE OF BIZARRO” part two! Bizarro is dead…or is he? To save Bizarro’s life, Red Hood and Artemis must turn to Lex Luthor, Bizarro’s creator, who claims he can resurrect their fallen friend. But what plans does Luthor have for his one-time companion? The battle for Bizarro begins here!
On sale AUGUST 9 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Rest of the solicits

http://www.newsarama.com/34577-dc-comics-august-2017-solicitations.html?utm_source=notification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Edge & Christian posted:

The Trinity travel to New Orleans to face off against their most powerful trinity of foes ever: onions, celery, and bell pepper!
Even these guys are a legacy from the original trinity; Bell Pepper was a substitute for carrot, you see...

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:lol: they look like One Piece villains

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Race Realists posted:

Who are these?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Who are these?

The Seven Deadly Sins (or enemies) of man. And Doctor Sivana.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

:smith:

Still sad to see this go but surviving 30+ issues over a couple years and a relaunch is a pretty big accomplish for a niche title in the Big Two.

EDIT: Also holy poo poo they're giving us a full color printing of Mister Miracle in paperback AND a massive Fourth World omnibus!! Now all they got to do is reprint The Demon again.
Double EDIT: AND a omnibus of Tomasi's B&R run. Holy poo poo DC take all my drat money.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 23, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mallratcal posted:

Man Doctor Sivana's Nu52 redesign does not even look like him. Given that he looked normal again in Thunderworld and Convergence I am guessing they turning him back to normal.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Sivanas in Convergence and Multiversity (several in that case) were versions from alternate eras and worlds.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Sivanas in Convergence and Multiversity (several in that case) were versions from alternate eras and worlds.

I know, but given that most stuff is going back to normal in Rebirth. I am guessing Sivana would be as well. Likes lots of the Nu52 his redesign is quite awful and unneeded.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, wow, that's Dr. Sivana? That is goddamn unrecognizable. It looks like Lex Luthor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

In something that's less of a bummer, James Gunn posted all the movie posts with Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams from the theater sequence that got cut in Guardians 2.

I love the Arkon one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
At the end of Curse of Shazam, Sivana was transforming into his classic appearance as a side effect of Black Adam's magic, so there's that.

Oh he also found Mr Mind.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

mallratcal posted:

Lol this is not a good redesign.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm shamelessly ganking this idea from Tumblr, but just once I'd like to see Lust incarnated as a pervy drunken overweight dudebro instead of a pouty voluptuous lady.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BrianWilly posted:

I'm shamelessly ganking this idea from Tumblr, but just once I'd like to see Lust incarnated as a pervy drunken overweight dudebro instead of a pouty voluptuous lady.

Funny you said that

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

What!

I'm genuinely shook!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's a nice change, but I don't get it? Lust is straightjacketed and wearing headphones, like... to control himself I guess, but isn't the whole point of those guys that they don't control their particular vices?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Some interesting stuff in the credits of those Kirby specials.
The New Gods has a backup written and drawn by Walt Simonson, Darkseid is written by Mark Evanier and Black Racer is Reginald Hudlin with fricken Denys Cowan
and Bill Sienkiewicz interiors.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, wow, that's Dr. Sivana? That is goddamn unrecognizable. It looks like Lex Luthor.

like no poo poo i thought that was him at first. lois looks like diana/WW as well

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I refuse to believe that is Dr. Sivana.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
For reference, this is how Sivana looked the last time he was seen

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For reference, this is how Sivana looked the last time he was seen

That was in Forever Evil, right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pubic works project posted:

That was in Forever Evil, right?

Nope, it was the stinger at the end of Curse of Shazam

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I agree, Dr. Sivana looks like Lex but with a bad eye.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Race Realists posted:

Goonmeet.jpg

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

mallratcal posted:

I agree, Dr. Sivana looks like Lex but with a bad eye.

Or Walter White.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Welp, being Kyle Rayner remains Suffering.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

Goonmeet.jpg

I'm really really enjoying the Shazam storyline. It honestly feels like I'm reading a Shounen Jump manga almost.

its fun and dumb and KNOWS it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'm phoneposting from Disneyland...no really...so I can't go too deep in on this (try to contain your disappointment) but I feel like the big revelations of Wonder Woman #23...may not have been worth the wait. Apparently people elsewhere on the nets feel like it's a real good conclusion to this arc? Which is nice? But we STILL haven't really answered any of her origin questions and the stuff we do find out is not that revelatory. Two more issues to go...

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bryan Hitch is being bumped back for the next three issues of JL.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...d-trevor-scott/
Shea Fontana is writing #22, Tom DeFalco #23 and Dan Abnett #24 (crossing over with Aquaman.)
I'll give those first two a go since they're one-and-dones, and Fontana is taking over Wonder Woman.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Onmi posted:

Welp, being Kyle Rayner remains Suffering.

What did they do to him now?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Major Force and the fridge his gf was stuffed into did the fusion dance and became his most dangerous nemesis ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jiro posted:

Major Force and the fridge his gf was stuffed into did the fusion dance and became his most dangerous nemesis ever.

I really just want to see Gail Simone's face when they debut this character.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Codependent Poster posted:

He gets back with Soranik only to find out that the latest bad guy is their evil son from the future, arriving just in time to see Hal kill him.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jiro posted:

When the fridge came to him as a black lantern, it made Blackest Night all worth while.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I much preferred Tomasi leaning into the ridiculousness of "killer zombie superheroes" in GLC than Johns's "this is a serious examination of death in comics" thing in the main GL book.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I really just want to see Gail Simone's face when they debut this character.

If they remembered how Kyle decapitated Major Force but kept his head in a bubble then he could be shoddily glued on top of the fridge and become MAJOR FRIDGE!!!!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jiro posted:

If they remembered how Kyle decapitated Major Force but kept his head in a bubble then he could be shoddily glued on top of the fridge and become MAJOR FRIDGE!!!!

Nah, Kyle sent Major force off into space after that. Then Force just showed up on earth during one of the Crisii. I think Infinite Crisis. There's no explanation from how he got back from being decapitated in space with no beacon. He also doesn't have the sick-rear end Latern brand that Kyle drove into him. Because Kyle was vicious with Force.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Onmi posted:

Nah, Kyle sent Major force off into space after that. Then Force just showed up on earth during one of the Crisii. I think Infinite Crisis. There's no explanation from how he got back from being decapitated in space with no beacon. He also doesn't have the sick-rear end Latern brand that Kyle drove into him. Because Kyle was vicious with Force.

I really stopped paying attention to the main GL book after they "redeemed" Hal, Tomasi's GLC was really good fun stuff. But I stand by my NEW EDGY EXXTRREEEEEME character of MAJOR FRIDGE! And yes it was kind of awesome that whole fight with Kyle branding Force's chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Rebirth is a year old this week or something.