Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I'll be playing on the new server as either a dark elf mage, or if I decide that I hate both myself and my groups, a halfling rogue. I'll be up for grouping with anyone here :)

Halflings are best, main tank in our guild for a few years was a halfling warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

MF_James posted:

Halflings are best, main tank in our guild for a few years was a halfling warrior.

Halflings aren't people.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MF_James posted:

I remember back in the day, when I was in a group, for example in Sebilis, and a small race Warrior joined us, I felt in my head that he wasn't that good, and felt a bit demoralized. However, when a big race tank joined, I felt he was badass and could definitely do the job. So silly.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Pilsner posted:

I remember back in the day, when I was in a group, for example in Sebilis, and a small race Warrior joined us, I felt in my head that he wasn't that good, and felt a bit demoralized. However, when a big race tank joined, I felt he was badass and could definitely do the job. So silly.

eRacism

also

EverRacism

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pilsner posted:

I mean objectively ogres were better because of frontal bash immunity.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
And Trolls had Regen. In the beginning it really was a huge penalty to take a smaller class for Warriors, though it was nice to have Hide and Sneak.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Halfling Warriors leveled the fastest :colbert:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I kind of miss the racial pros and cons of OG EverQuest. Seems nowadays it's all cosmetic. Like, in EQ I made a decision to go with Barbarian for my Rogue. No night vision, but a giant Strength bonus. My Cleric was a Dark Elf, which meant major faction problems but I had access to a necklace that cast Clinging Darkness which was critical on a PvP server.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Erudite Paladin is the one true race-class combo.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jabro posted:

Erudite Paladin is the one true race-class combo.

Because you got your bullshit OP-as-gently caress Shield of the Stalwart Seas. gently caress Erudite Paladins.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm definitely going to play Agnarr. I'm struggling picking my class though. My options are:

1. Relive the glory days as a Troll SK.

2. Play the most satisfying class ever: cleric. I think I'd have the most fun with this one but I also feel like half the server will be clerics and enchanters and shaman. I want to be a unique snowflake.

3. Wizard is the only class in EQ I never really leveled up to any extent. Seems like it'd be boring solo though, for the times I couldn't get a group.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Man I can't decide either. Since I'm largely going to be playing from work, I can't reliably group for a lot of the time and I don't want to manage more than 2box and one of the two boxes will be remote desktop played and ugh so many factors, then I keep being tempted to play on Phinny instead, but apparently the xp sucks and I'm way behind so I'll miss tons while I gimp along trying to catch up and UGGG gently caress this game :suicide:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
There will be enough of everything for the first month or two of Agnarr, so play whatever you fancy. If you're worried about not finding a group because of an overpopulated classes.. form your own group. It's surprisingly easy to put 6 together with minimal effort. I'll be doing that as an enchanter because gently caress it, I want to have an enchanter.

MrTheDevious posted:

and UGGG gently caress this game :suicide:
:hfive:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Droid Washington posted:

2. Play the most satisfying class ever: cleric. I think I'd have the most fun with this one but I also feel like half the server will be clerics and enchanters and shaman. I want to be a unique snowflake.

I think I'm going with cleric. Haven't played one since I raided as one during PoP so it should be a good nostalgia trip.

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
Curious, how does the XP compare from Phini, Agnarr, and P1999? I know P1999, but don't know the XP rates on the others.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Between Phinny and Agnarr, Phinny is going to be way slower. Agnarr will be closer to Live exp. Phinny is purposefully nerfed all to hell to give a more 'classic' experience.

I can't compare to P1999 because it has been so long, but from my experiences P99 was slower than Phinny. Apparently everyone and their mom has only done Chardok AE for a long time, but I never did that. I just did normal PUG groups to max level on P99, and felt it was pretty slow. Especially 50-60.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Exp rate looks like it should be about double on Agnarr from Phinny if not higher, somewhere in line with Ragefire/Lockjaw. I've never played P99 so I can't comment on that, and honestly haven't played on Live in long enough to not really remember what that was like either.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I've only ever played P99 and dicked around on live for a bit.

This pace is so much nicer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's 2017 and I'm waiting in a queue for an Everquest server because the server is full. Some things never change.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

It's 2017 and I'm waiting in a queue for an Everquest server because the server is full. Some things never change.

There are queues for servers? That was literally never a thing as long as I played live.

Or at least, the server I played on never had a queue.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

MF_James posted:

There are queues for servers? That was literally never a thing as long as I played live.

people are getting really mad about it

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/cant-create-a-character-login-queue.240889/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MF_James posted:

Back in my day there were queues all the time, like around 2000-01. I also vividly remember hundreds of people going linkdead at the same time if AOL went down regionally somewhere.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

Back in my day there were queues all the time, like around 2000-01. I also vividly remember hundreds of people going linkdead at the same time if AOL went down regionally somewhere.

I played live from kunark release through TBS or some acronym like that and never once was there a queue for me to log into xegony.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i want to play everquest

but the servers are getting hammered

gosh

i dont even know what to be!!!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Server queues for a just launched server. News at 11.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
its fun tho, the other live servers are deaddddddddddd and its ridiculous

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That Daybreak thread is hilarious.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know it was unlocking right at 5 , just pure luck I subscribed at 4:50 and then it got exploded . Uh excuse me I paid 15 American dollars where's my instant login privilege

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm honestly having a lot of fun rolling around in the official forums shitpile instead of playing

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I'm having way more fun laughing at the dumb people complaining because they took the day off from work to play than I'd be having actually playing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm having way more fun laughing at the dumb people complaining because they took the day off from work to play than I'd be having actually playing.

90% of them are over 35 and have the done the same thing for every single server launch. BUT THIS ONE TIME IT'LL BE DIFFERENT!!!!!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Had to redownload game. Can't download game (I'm assuming due to server load) and now I rip.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

krono duping eh?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Oh hey I got my name

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
I cancelled my accounts. No point in starting on a new server when there are people already level 10+ and you can't even log on.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Goast posted:

Oh hey I got my name

Say hi to me whenever the servers are working right. I got the name Buttzilla (Bootyzilla wasn't allowed hahahaha).

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I snagged Kodaji and dinged 4 while AFK on top of an orc spawn point in WFP. I guess I won the game

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Goast posted:

Oh hey I got my name

The GBS bhabhi thread has a plethora of MMO name suggestions. My box group is sporting names such as Littlestinky, Iwanafacu and Aidsisreal.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I also got donglord if someone wants it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I just made an account to pretend like I'm 18 again and I think I want my 15 dollars back. Holy hell I forgot how ugly/slow paced EQ was. And I've completely forgotten what half of anything does. Found my way out of 2 levels of Kaladim into Butcherblock like it was 1999 though no problem.