Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
For all of you that checked yesterday but not today: Crystal Tower got patched today to have mission rewards, go getcher lapis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

By the way, Abel's TM dagger in the next banner is one of 4 TMS that JP site altema ranks as SSS rank. Its basically a 2nd knife with actual attack power, and its on a base 3 unit, so unless youre completely stacked in genji gauntlets, it might be a good idea to at least daily pull on the next banner a few times.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
4% from finishing my first actual TM that wasn't from a raid banner that gave 62000 free moogles. Dual Wield :unsmith:

I think I can probably tackle Gilgamesh trial once that's done.

Aileen is next :negative:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
All the TMs are really good and Wilhelm's might be the worst of the lot simply because it's on a 6* unit.

I'll definitely grind out the gun for Olive so she has an elemental free high attack weapon.

The dagger is BIS in slot for most units over dual wield.

Grace's TM accessory is a nice upgrade to Magistral Crest so I'll be looking to get as many of those as I can for the casters.

Not sure if I want to drop an 11-roll on this since I have Cecil/WoL/Snow which seem to cover all my bases in terms of tanking. Draw attacks and provoke without Golem is pretty rad though. Having a GE status resist skill is pretty great too.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'll definitely grind out the gun for Olive so she has an elemental free high attack weapon.

We discussed this on the discord, but the weapon is significantly better than it looks, in spite of its 2-handedness. It doesn't have innate doublehand, but it does have a damage variance of 1.3-1.7x, so approximately a +50% damage modifier, on average.

Basically Fixed Dice with attack power, so you can throw a doublehand on for +60 attack (plus whatever you get from other items. +6 from monster breastplate, +15 from black cowl, +15 each from a Bracer and Ifrit's Claw.)

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 23, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

All the TMs are really good and Wilhelm's might be the worst of the lot simply because it's on a 6* unit.

If you pull Wilhelm, there are no complaints to be made. He's the Orlandeau of tanks.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

NinjaDebugger posted:

We discussed this on the discord, but the weapon is significantly better than it looks, in spite of its 2-handedness. It doesn't have innate doublehand, but it does have a damage variance of 1.3-1.7x, so approximately a +50% damage modifier, on average.

Basically Fixed Dice with attack power, so you can throw a doublehand on for +60 attack (plus whatever you get from other items. +6 from monster breastplate, +15 from black cowl, +15 each from a Bracer and Ifrit's Claw.)
I thought doublehand only works on 1 handed weapons that you two hand.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wouldn't mind pulling Wilhem since with the global ex general order he'll easily supplant my Cecil. He "Could" replace a 6* WoL in the event that the enemy or boss is break immune.

I wouldnt even bother rolling if he didnt have that global ability added to him though.Tanking in MMO teaches you that you only need enough defense to survive a tankbuster, after that its mostly better to get utility or extra damage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

it looks like Wilhelm is gonna be on a banner this friday (and it wont have tidus)

maaaaaaaybe they've been holding off on 6* WoL so Wilhelm gets to be the undisputed best tank for awhile. so maybe this means 6* WoL is coming sooner than never. or maybe not.

With those extra global skills I think Wilhem's potentially better than enhanced WoL already. Poor WoL. We're weeks/months behind getting his 6* form and at this rate if/when we get it (and his enhancements) he'll already be dethroned. :rip:

I'm sitting on 93 tickets and 22k Lapis. I'll probably do an 11 roll and maybe throw some tickets at chasing Wilhem. It's either that or continue stockpiling for Rikku and some banner with Ramza since Rikku+Ramza is ridiculously game-changing.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Varance posted:

If you pull Wilhelm, there are no complaints to be made. He's the Orlandeau of tanks.

Think so? I guess we'll have to wait til the stats of his buff are out but I'm not convinced he's substantially better (or even better at all?) than WoL. WoL also brings an all stats buff. The LB rate up is nice, but am I missing something other than strong ST damage reduction?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

With those extra global skills I think Wilhem's potentially better than enhanced WoL already. Poor WoL. We're weeks/months behind getting his 6* form and at this rate if/when we get it (and his enhancements) he'll already be dethroned. :rip:

I'm sitting on 93 tickets and 22k Lapis. I'll probably do an 11 roll and maybe throw some tickets at chasing Wilhem. It's either that or continue stockpiling for Rikku and some banner with Ramza since Rikku+Ramza is ridiculously game-changing.

I dont think so. WoL still rates higher than Wilhelm for a few reasons even after enhancements in altema. WIlhelm has way higher stats than WoL and stronger taunts to boot. He has a passively higher chance to be targeted as well. But he lacks a strong partywide block like WoL has with The Light is With Us. And enhancements shored up WoLs weaknesses when using TLiWU by giving it a stronger anti magic reduction as well as his other passives getting massive buffs to stats when he's low in health.

Even when you factor in Wilhelms global exclusive abilities, WoL is still a better all around tank because you can fit him just about everywhere. Wilhelm has his niche against strong single attacking bosses that cant be broken.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Jean's Machine gun TMR is poo poo right? Since it's doublehanded we can't use DW or DH with it. Am I missing something?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CyberLord XP posted:

Jean's Machine gun TMR is poo poo right? Since it's doublehanded we can't use DW or DH with it. Am I missing something?

I don't see an upside. I do like Rem's daggers, even without the refresh. The SPR boost is pretty good.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CyberLord XP posted:

I didn't realize that Doublehand didn't work with a 2h weapon which sucks. Even with the increased damage range I'm pretty sure I'll get more out of a Romandan Pistol so I'll just grind that instead.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dana Crysalis posted:

For all of you that checked yesterday but not today: Crystal Tower got patched today to have mission rewards, go getcher lapis.

That was an easy 250 lapis, although I forgot how annoying the "maze" was to get through. Looking though the old event pages they should bring Tower of Babel back since I think that's the only event I tapped out of on ELT.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'd love a return to Babil, I never passed Elite either. Bring Minfilia and a breaker to neutralize all the elementals* and Safety Bit & AoE Raise to stop Golbez* from wrecking people's poo poo for an easy to get Moogle would be nice.

* lol like they'd even get a turn

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I took my TM team + 6* Aileen through the Crystal Tower to grab the lapis, got to PRO and immediately got 6-man Breakga'd by the first enemy encounter which just happened to "strike first" :v:

e: this happened twice

suuma fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 23, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I think the bots might be back considering Bahamut's HP was dropping noticeably earlier and it's back up to level 34.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Bots are definitely back. My rank just keeps dropping.
Man, I felt pretty confident around 17K. Now I'm struggling to keep in the 70k range.

Had a tough time fighting with RNG, but finally succeeded in getting all objectives against Echidna! Man that trial is very very hard.

But on a complete whim I had decided to throw down a ticket, and well...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I have enough moogles for both non-Kain TMRs, and actually gothis TM today. I think I'll hold on to the for a month before ditching them.

Or are some of you hoarding this poo poo for that one day?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm hoarding Fryevia's Needle moogles since on the 0.0001% chance I ever pull her it'll be big for a L&A build. The Dragon Killers moogles will probably get tossed once the banner ends and I need some space for pots or something. Mind this is after getting 3 DracoSpikes, 2.5 Equip H Armors, and a Gungnir. Otherwise I'd probably keep enough for a DracoSpike and Equip H Armor in case I ever do get that pull, and not being 5* base character the odds are only 0.001% instead!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

SereneCrimson posted:

But on a complete whim I had decided to throw down a ticket, and well...

I flinch every time I see Rem because of how hard she shits on me in arena. :(

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm hoarding Fryevia's Needle moogles since on the 0.0001% chance I ever pull her it'll be big for a L&A build. The Dragon Killers moogles will probably get tossed once the banner ends and I need some space for pots or something. Mind this is after getting 3 DracoSpikes, 2.5 Equip H Armors, and a Gungnir. Otherwise I'd probably keep enough for a DracoSpike and Equip H Armor in case I ever do get that pull, and not being 5* base character the odds are only 0.001% instead!

I just know that in 3 weeks I am going to end up pulling one of them. It has happened that I get a "decent" unit post their major spawn times. Xon and Frevia are the 2 immediate that come to mind. This will especially happen if I trash them all now.

Now if I hold on to these drat things, I will never see the units. It is a vicious cycle.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Haha, I've got a Rem too, and there has been more than one occasion where I thought I shut down the other team with Siphon Delta but a unit with a cheap damage dealing skill and Refresh knocked out two or three of my guys in retaliation.

Cloud Of Darkness, for instance, has Barrage (16 MP) and can dual-wield status effecting weapons like Mace Of Thorns and the Golem Staff.

Enemy Noctii are a pain in the rear end too.

My Arena team currently is half Dualcast Ultima (Trance Terra and Dark Fina) and half lockdown (Ling's Dances, and Rem's Siphon Delta) with Cecil playing goalie.

I definitely shut down the opposing team 95% of the time, but that other 5%...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dangerous.hotdog posted:

:same: I'm thankful I got my 100 win streak already because Rem can just ruin everything with one move. I even survived a bad Blizzard Flask on my run because it didn't 100% totally gently caress over my entire team.

hagie posted:

I just know that in 3 weeks I am going to end up pulling one of them. It has happened that I get a "decent" unit post their major spawn times. Xon and Frevia are the 2 immediate that come to mind. This will especially happen if I trash them all now.

Now if I hold on to these drat things, I will never see the units. It is a vicious cycle.

I think the choice is clear then! Sell them and be blessed with a rainbow crystal on tomorrow's halfpull! the rainbow will, of course, be a Delita

But yeah, with that kind of luck I'd be edgey too. I was lucky and pulled a Xon before I sold my Patches moogles.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

No, I won't see them until 3 weeks or more from now. I have already deleted enough to make them twice over.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Just lost to another Rem, gently caress. I've gotten more Ls this week than the past 4 months combined.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Just lost to another Rem, gently caress. I've gotten more Ls this week than the past 4 months combined.

I lucked out out and found a guy running a solo 4-star Sozhe and just chained him for my five daily rounds lol

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh gently caress thats Right, REM has that AOE Mana drain doesn't she?

Doesn't really help much against Nocti but prevent Flask bullshit but it gives a finger to those loving Lings.

E:Did a 1/2 draw by sheer accident on the banner. Got a Luneth, neat.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 24, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Got all three bahamut trial rewards at once thanks to Fiss' Noctis! :toot:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
The bannings must have started, I was rank 124,000 last night, woke up to 34,000.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm still at 94,000. I know I've been slacking off a little on spending every orb, but I used to be in the 10001-30000 range.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i only jumped from like 124,000 to 95,000 which doesnt seem quite right

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

What exactly was the end goal behind all the bots anyway? Just to bump up the level so everyone gets more coins? Or specifically to deny people spots on the leaderboard? Because I don't think bots have much use for the rank rewards.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Skyridge posted:

What exactly was the end goal behind all the bots anyway? Just to bump up the level so everyone gets more coins? Or specifically to deny people spots on the leaderboard? Because I don't think bots have much use for the rank rewards.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I've pulled 3 Luka off this banner. WTF. Give me a god drat King.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Possibly to break it so gumi compensates everyone, with the added bonus of boosting bahamut's level for more coins

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Went to bed at 160k, content with getting 100 lapis even though I knew I should have more, wake up to 90k.

Used my ticket from this morning

TURNS YELLOW

Nine

Uh, ok...

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Gumi will Make ELT raid not able to be solo'd by an orlandu to solve this in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tipme posted:

Gumi will Make ELT raid not able to be solo'd by an orlandu to solve this in the future.

But it was being soloed by a lvl 1 Rain.

• Locked thread