Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Sdoots posted:

I've done most of the guild multiverse missions multiple times and never encountered any of the bullshit you guys are mentioning. Which probably means that when I do encounter it, it'll be an unending onslaught of bullshit.

No special moves/meter burn as Darkseid is extremely rough - he's pretty barebones without them.

I've been super busy this past week but I try to do some guild mv when I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Quick question:

I'm a busy dad of 2. Also kind of not a Fighting game wiz.

Also Guild stuff is challenging. But I am trying. If I win, even a single match.. (in a metaverse event with like, 10 opponents...) it says I earn Guild Credits after each match. Is that contributing? Or do I need to complete the entire "event" for my contributions to register?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I had one that was like increase super plus mega super supers or whatever it's called. Blocking a super still chipped me for over half my health :/

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Feenix posted:

Quick question:

I'm a busy dad of 2. Also kind of not a Fighting game wiz.

Also Guild stuff is challenging. But I am trying. If I win, even a single match.. (in a metaverse event with like, 10 opponents...) it says I earn Guild Credits after each match. Is that contributing? Or do I need to complete the entire "event" for my contributions to register?

You get everything you earn match by match, and a big prize if you do the whole tower. You're contributing, but only doing the whole thing puts credit to completing the tower itself.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Robin with Vampire is tedious.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FunkMonkey posted:

You get everything you earn match by match, and a big prize if you do the whole tower. You're contributing, but only doing the whole thing puts credit to completing the tower itself.

And of course, completing the tower is my goal... just don't always get a chance. Especially if banging my head against a tough opponent...

Thanks for clarifying!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

FunkMonkey posted:

No special moves/meter burn as Darkseid is extremely rough - he's pretty barebones without them.

I've been super busy this past week but I try to do some guild mv when I can.

Typically the no special/meter challenges are accompanied by brain dead AI. I just smash them into a corner and put mix-ups into them forever

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Spuckuk posted:

Blue Beetle can in clawmode from f2,3 as well, but yeah it's uncommon
He can get b3 off that starter? I tried it and couldn't get it. I just assumed you didn't have the frames for it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't think I can do the longer towers with random challenges because if I get that vertigo one again I would need to quit out immediately

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh my god Vampire Brainiac can suck it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yesterday I spent an hour on the sacrifice tower culminating in meter-regenerating instakill-super Cheetah and I swear I almost developed laser vision just to stare a hole through Ed Boon's face

I got Batman's Alternate Noir palette at the end of it though so... Worth it?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

The other day I came into my guild and the banner was changed entirely. Is that something promoted members can do?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
Does my homie Atrocitus not have his own chapter, or is he simply relegated to an enemy in other people's chapters?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Carebearz posted:

Does my homie Atrocitus not have his own chapter, or is he simply relegated to an enemy in other people's chapters?

Like most villains this time, he's just an enemy.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

He appears only for the Green Lantern chapter and a brief moment in voice only during the Superman ending. His tower ending is awesome though, play that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah ever since they started doing chapter style story modes in MKvsDC they've always had a few dudes who didn't get a chapter.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Also after beating Deadshot's tower, I'm surprised they went with a white version of Floyd. Considering how much Harley looks like Margot Robbie, I'm shocked they didn't cash in on the only thing anyone liked in Suicide Squad - Will Smith.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm just surprised that Deadshot's voice just sounds like that and it isn't a voice modulator.

Like jesus man, every consider a career as a baritone?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The way I learn these games is I play the story, then when a new character comes up, I jump out and do their tutorials plus their tower to get the hang of them. So far this means I have basically only learned the heroic characters. Also it will probably take me another week to beat the story

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Kelp Plankton posted:

Like most villains this time, he's just an enemy.

Atrocitus was the first person I beat the battle simulator with.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

may contain peanuts posted:

He can get b3 off that starter? I tried it and couldn't get it. I just assumed you didn't have the frames for it.

Yup, link is tight though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah ever since they started doing chapter style story modes in MKvsDC they've always had a few dudes who didn't get a chapter.

Only about 3 characters classified as villains get chapters.

(The right side of the character select screen.)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if/when DC and WB decides to take another crack at a Green Lantern film, I hope they find a way to get Atrocitus in there because this dude owns and I didn't know who he was until the game. dude is just a really hamfisted rep for an angry club of guys and gals who like to punch poo poo and vomit acidblood.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Is it still region-locked on PS4?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

if/when DC and WB decides to take another crack at a Green Lantern film, I hope they find a way to get Atrocitus in there because this dude owns and I didn't know who he was until the game. dude is just a really hamfisted rep for an angry club of guys and gals who like to punch poo poo and vomit acidblood.

Atrocitus is actually the guy who is responsible for Hal Jordan getting his ring (he kills the previous Green Lantern of Earth's sector), so working him in wouldn't be too difficult.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Atrocitus is actually the guy who is responsible for Hal Jordan getting his ring (he kills the previous Green Lantern of Earth's sector), so working him in wouldn't be too difficult.

holy poo poo he killed Abin Sur? Never knew that, that's wild.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

HebrewMagic posted:

The other day I came into my guild and the banner was changed entirely. Is that something promoted members can do?

Are you in Goon Lantern Corps? I changed the background from a blue circle to a green ribbon a few days ago. Symmetry and poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I liked how the faces were all more realistic and varied. And how Dr Fate was bug-eyed and doofy looking. (And kinda old.)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

He's a fun character but is also extremely prone to navelgazing soliloquy in the comics, which may surprise you given his concept. New 52 Red Lanterns got a little painful at points because of it, with whole pages devoted to him monologing dramatically when I just wanted him to wreck some fools. One of the random quotes you see in the online mode menus is actually Dex-Starr calling him out on this.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 23, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

holy poo poo he killed Abin Sur? Never knew that, that's wild.

It's a recent retcon, but yeah.

Atrocitus and his imprisoned buddies are the ones who put all the ideas about Blackest Night and death prophecies in Abin Sur's head that lead to his paranoia about using his ring and eventually his death when he tries to bring Atrocitus to show him where Earth is.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Why does he have a kitty

E: like what's the lore reason

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Cats are mean.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IOmjq

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Why does he have a kitty

He's a legit red lantern and is just extremely loyal to Atrocitus when nearly all reds are mindless berserkers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

Why does he have a kitty

Dexstarr was a stray cat a woman rescued and took home.

He's a good kitty.

Red rings seek out people, animals, creatures etc. with a lot of rage.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DLC Inc posted:

while Atrocitus is BA, Guy Gardner is the superior Red Lantern leader.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm running the xb1 guild

Jmcrofts posted:

Why does he have a kitty

Dex-starr is an incredibly angry Earth cat
His owner was abused and murdered, cops kicked him out of the house thinking he was stray, and was thrown in the river by punks

All this was enough to piss him off enough to attract a red ring

He got vengeance on his owner's killer because he's a good kitty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Atrocitus is in a good 4th place red lantern behind Guy and Dex-Starr and Kara.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Jmcrofts posted:

Why does he have a kitty

Because Dex-Starr is good kitty.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy