Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Bholder posted:

Using actual hate speech for examples on why hate speech laws suck is not exactly the best of ideas.

Why? That's just an open invitation to backpedal and damage control. I unironically think /pol/-type speech should be legal. The idiocy of hate speech laws has made right-wing martyrs and reasonable liberals are forced to agree with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

DrPlump posted:

That news article says that the terrorist what a white british man who attacked people for being intolerant of Jesus.

KNEW IT POP THE CRAFT BEERS TIME TO CELEBRATE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's much easier for extremist ideologies to form internationally now, and harder to combat them when people have access to a constant stream of it.

Shut off the internet. :colbert:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I was a British I would find the cure for cancer then name it "the queen sucks bollox" so it would be outlawed in england.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*as Spunky Psycho Ho lines up a killing blow on the war-weary QQcs mod, a wet thwack hits him in the shoulder*

"Look, on Transphobia Hill!" *exclaims a 2017 Newbie*

*a dozen DnD xhers and xes are lined up with sling shots, notching severed dicks and testicles in the leather pads while a banner of Tonnetta flaps limping in the wind*

"Die cis-scum!"

*they shout while Tight Booty Shorts smirks smugly, showing of xer pearly whites that are stained orange from cheeto dust*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fog Tripper posted:

Shut off the internet. :colbert:

Just for a couple weeks, at least. I think it would do us all some good

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

*as Spunky Psycho Ho lines up a killing blow on the war-weary QQcs mod, a wet thwack hits him in the shoulder*

*a dozen DnD xhers and xes are lined up with sling shots, notching severed dicks and testicles in the leather pads while a banner of Tonnetta flaps limping in the wind*

"Die cis-scum!"

*they shout while Tight Booty Shorts smirks smugly*

stop using all these terrible buzzwords. you're uncomfortable with sexuality. we get it. move on.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Snatch Duster posted:

"Die cis-scum!"

*they shout while Tight Booty Shorts smirks smugly*

Lol, Tight Booty Shorts

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

"Die cis-scum!"

*they shout while Tight Booty Shorts smirks smugly, showing of xer pearly whites that are stained orange from cheeto dust*

So now we know why he can wear tight booty shorts (he has no nuts).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

"Die cis-scum!"

:chloe:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the internet is useful for preserving and disseminating knowledge, where it went wrong is allowing people to talk to each other directly in a public fashion

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

DrPlump posted:

That says Obama is white are you sure its accurate?

Yes.

His skin might be dark but he acts whiter than a lot of white people I know

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

the internet is useful for preserving and disseminating knowledge, where it went wrong is allowing people to talk to each other directly in a public fashion
The Platinum upgrade killed society.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Just for a couple weeks, at least. I think it would do us all some good

I would take it a step further and turn off the satellites, cell towers and electrical grids for a couple weeks.

Allow the surplus population to die off.

:horse:

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Platinum upgrade killed society.

still never going to do it. is there a "platinum but please no PM feature" option?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
The bomb

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...4b0662750016d80

1 hour ago
14:16

quote:

Police find CCTV video of bomber

Vikram Dodd
Police are understood to have recovered CCTV video of the bomber walking into Manchester Arena where he detonated a bomb. It shows the explosion was deliberate and caused by a device that it is believed was contained in a bag, a source said.

The device is described as homemade and crude. It was stable enough to be transported and exploded with devastating effect. It is believed to have been constructed in Britain.

The attacker had an identity document on him, sources said. The man named by police – Salman Abedi – was born to parents from Libya who came to Britain to flee the regime of Muammar Gaddafi.

One senior security source described the attack involving the acquisition and construction of a bomb as “a gamechanger” that has “rocked us backwards” because a successful bomb plot has not occurred in the UK since 2005.

There is uncertainty among investigators about whether Abedi built the bomb himself, or had help. GMP’s chief constable, Ian Hopkins, said: “The priority remains to establish whether he was acting alone or as part of a network.”

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Pipes can be in bags. :colbert:

and nails

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Luxury Communism posted:

still never going to do it. is there a "platinum but please no PM feature" option?

What's the point of platinum if you're not going to PM all the mods with dumb ideas all the time?

FaU, how much goatse do you get pm'd on a weekly basis?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Luxury Communism posted:

still never going to do it.

wise

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fog Tripper posted:

I would take it a step further and turn off the satellites, cell towers and electrical grids for a couple weeks.

Allow the surplus population to die off.

That seems a bit extreme, imo

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

spacetoaster posted:

What's the point of platinum if you're not going to PM all the mods with dumb ideas all the time?

FaU, how much goatse do you get pm'd on a weekly basis?

You, sir, should be lowtax's sales agent

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Guy Goodbody posted:

That seems a bit extreme, imo

Extreme issues require extreme measures.

Is there a downside I am not seeing? Everyone dies.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fog Tripper posted:

Extreme issues require extreme measures.

So inches, not centimeters?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
What we need is for LadyAmbien to come back and scold all of D&D for being lovely in the way it's always been and always will be

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Squashing Machine posted:

What we need is for LadyAmbien to come back and scold all of D&D for being lovely in the way it's always been and always will be

Make LadyAmbien the permanent sole mod of D&D, forever. /ourtaxwife/

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DrPlump posted:

That news article says that the terrorist what a white british man who attacked people for being intolerant of Jesus.

That would explain the nails

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

Homeless Friend posted:

wow another typical edgy anime avatar post from a typical edgy anime avatar poster

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Luxury Communism posted:

wow another typical edgy anime avatar post from a typical edgy anime avatar poster

he wanted to lessen the stigma around them but he ended up increasing them...

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
the young turks coverage of this atrocity is truly groundbreaking. cenk is here to let us know that it's not all, in case you were thinking it *is* all. It's not.

not all.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Luxury Communism posted:

I don't think she's done anything to deserve that kind of abuse

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
how do you walk into a arena for a concert with a bag at all let along a bomb bag? You have to empty your pockets in the US....

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to think that these threads were just groups joking back and forth but then i read a book called The 48 Laws of Power now I clearly see that simple discussions online can be a power struggle for the very future of humanity.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Snatch Duster posted:

"Die cis-scum!"

:chloe:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are COBRA meetings the ones that are so important that even the doctor has to attend?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Luxury Communism posted:

Any day now Lowtax and LadyAmbien will come back to save the forums again and be chased away by the moderator powercircle once more. Life finds away.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Luxury Communism posted:

why are you so mean to her

ban everyone with more than 5 posts in D&D over the last week, then close it down

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

:laugh:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
you know after this many pages I'm upset no one made the obvious joke

the flying nails weren't the construction kind, they were the glue on kind

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Secular Humanist posted:

the young turks coverage of this atrocity is truly groundbreaking. cenk is here to let us know that it's not all, in case you were thinking it *is* all. It's not.

not all.

OF COURSE!

OF COUUUURRRRSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*yells loudly and angrily*

*denies Armenian genocide*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishwoo
Dec 27, 2007
*Amusing Text*

Mnoba posted:

how do you walk into a arena for a concert with a bag at all let along a bomb bag? You have to empty your pockets in the US....

They do random searches, which unfortunately for the 22 people generic Muslims are immune to because it's racist otherwise. Most of the people searched were probably the white middle-class dads who were dragged there against their will.

• Locked thread