Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

if you really believe this then I am willing to bet that the number of fun things you are invited to is, at most, zero

having someone get your tab is a fun surprise/gift, not an expectation you cheapass

I am speaking in the context of someone you are going on a date with not just going someplace with friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

congrats on being more gullible than the average Reddit commenter, who wasn't having any of it

I wish I was having less of your summary hot takes on each post where in a sentence it's mostly you trying to turn it into some kind of slam at them being the lamest most pathetic people possible. Every day, regularly, and really boring.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I wish I was having less of your summary hot takes on each post where in a sentence it's mostly you trying to turn it into some kind of slam at them being the lamest most pathetic people possible. Every day, regularly, and really boring.

What thread do you think this is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I always offer to split and the guys who take me up on it always try to nickel and dime me to see how far they can take it lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

We're just trying to manage the risk of someone not understanding the content.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Danaru posted:

What thread do you think this is

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

he invited her to tag along with his existing plans that he'd be doing regardless with his friends, it's like the perfect context for not expecting them to pay.

Anecdotally I ended up on a similar early date back when I was doing online stuff, we had tried to schedule a couple first dates but it kept not working out for our schedules (we were both grad students so we had kind of odd hours), randomly one night she was like "hey we're celebrating <blah> at the grad student bar, you should come over." I was free and lived close enough to walk over and of course I paid for my own beers/chipped in for pitchers. I can't even imagine how awkward it would be for me to have shown up with just my id and expected her to buy drinks for me all night.

there's a certain kind of dude who's featured in a bunch of stories before here who takes women they barely know out to wildly inappropriate places they can't comfortably afford, under the clear assumption that going splitsies on $100 of filet mignon entitles them to a blowjob. This guy didn't get one.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

dude your post history is in a button right there under this poo poo for all to see, don't even try

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Blue Train posted:

I am speaking in the context of someone you are going on a date with not just going someplace with friends
so am I, it's 2017 you pay your own way until we're married

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

dude your post history is in a button right there under this poo poo for all to see, don't even try

??? Please, on a going forward basis, consider this kindly request of reducing the frequency with which you provide your ESPN Sportscenter 1 sentence summaries of posts. Thank you.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

there's a certain kind of dude who's featured in a bunch of stories before here who takes women they barely know out to wildly inappropriate places they can't comfortably afford, under the clear assumption that going splitsies on $100 of filet mignon entitles them to a blowjob.
Yeah I mean taking someone out for fine dining on the first date is weird but contextually they had already been on one date and he just gave her the option to tag along to his existing plans if she wanted. If money was gonna be an issue she could have easily said "oh that sounds nice but I don't think I can afford it" when he said she could join them. The plans don't revolve around her, he's not "taking her out", he will be eating with his friends regardless.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

so am I, it's 2017 you pay your own way until we're married

It's 2017, who is getting married

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Pizza is an open faced sandwich

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cut that bitch in half and put it on some bread, yep

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

No it's a submarine. The bun is long, you see.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Gatts posted:

No it's a submarine. The bun is long, you see.

just what this thread needs, gatts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

Phallic references?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ham Sandwiches posted:

??? Please, on a going forward basis, consider this kindly request of reducing the frequency with which you provide your ESPN Sportscenter 1 sentence summaries of posts. Thank you.

I don't really care about how much you enjoyed a particular sentence of mine in a conversation you're not involved in, because you're a boring nobody and offer nothing of value to me. You're welcome.

Troposphere posted:

My girlfriend [26f] of almost two years knows I [27m] own guns, but I haven't told her how many. Do I have to and if so how can I do it in a way that will be easy for her to digest?

quote:

I have been feeling a little guilty about this situation lately, especially since I have bought quite a few new guns in the past year that I haven't told her about. On the one hand, I have been honest with her about the fact that I am a gun owner, but on the other hand, I have mislead her about how many I own. She's not anti-gun, but she is definitely not comfortable around them and not a big fan in general.

I haven't given her a ballpark number because I've been afraid that if she knows how many I own it might push her from being a little uncomfortable to grossly uncomfortable and hesitant to spend time in my house.
I feel like this is a grey area and I would like some guidance. I have friends who have told their partners and some who refuse to give exact numbers (mostly because they don't want their SO to know how much they spend a year). Do I have to tell her, and if so, what is the best way to tell her than rather than having a few I actually have a lot, lot more than that?
(guess how many)

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean taking someone out for fine dining on the first date is weird but contextually they had already been on one date and he just gave her the option to tag along to his existing plans if she wanted. If money was gonna be an issue she could have easily said "oh that sounds nice but I don't think I can afford it" when he said she could join them. The plans don't revolve around her, he's not "taking her out", he will be eating with his friends regardless.

He specifically calls it a second date and he paid for the first, she's not exactly taking giant leaps to assume he's going to pay for this one too. I still think the story is fake as hell, but if we want to assume it's real they're both lovely people.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brainworm posted:

To be fair, it's just this one issue.

LMAO his girlfriend is a pro wrestler

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

The story didn't happen, and anyway most women bring cash/cards because it allows them to offer to go dutch so the guy doesn't feel entitled or get out if their date is a weirdo.

Which didn't happen at all in this wank story because she's a villain getting her comeuppance. The woman's world collapses the second her magic slut powers cease to have effect on this man, thanks to his rigorous fiscal discipline, and now she's scrubbing dishes in the back of a Japanese restaurant like one of Cinderella's wicked step-sisters.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

(guess how many)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuckin hell who let gatts back in

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I don't really care about how much you enjoyed a particular sentence of mine in a conversation you're not involved in, because you're a boring nobody and offer nothing of value to me. You're welcome.

My girlfriend [26f] of almost two years knows I [27m] own guns, but I haven't told her how many. Do I have to and if so how can I do it in a way that will be easy for her to digest?

(guess how many)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
my gf of 2 years knows I enjoy video games but I'm scared to let her see how big my steam collection is

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Willfully blinding yourself into a mental illness

Last night, my [26F] husband [26M] confessed that he's been stealing my Adderall for nearly two years. How do I handle this?

u/abcdefg123asdfjkl

quote:

So, I have ADHD and I've been taking Adderall for around four years. My husband and I have only been married for a short time (got married at the end of last year), but we were together for five years before marrying.

Towards the end of college (graduated in 2015), I started noticing that my medication seemed to be missing random amounts at random times. I wasn't even taking the full daily dose that I was prescribed....and I was running out of pills before the end of the month. I was so confused. I asked my husband (at the time, my boyfriend) if he took the pills and he flat out denied it. He's a very "good" person overall and I believed him and moved on.

It got progressively worse. I kept coming up short on pills and I felt like I was going crazy because I knew I wasn't taking them. I questioned friends, roommates, and suspected coworkers (even brought it up to my boss). I cried to my husband countless amounts of times because I felt like I was going insane!

I'm not stupid and I knew that the most obvious answer would be that it was him taking the pills. But, when I told him I loved him, I made a decision to trust him....so if he told me that he wasn't doing it, then I resolved that there had to be another answer. As an intuitive person, I felt so torn and confused. So many times, I prayed that the truth would come out.

Before we got married, and upon another instance of finding that more pills were missing, I got angry and accused my husband (then fiancé). I asked him to swear on our marriage and before God (we are Christians) that it wasn't him. He did. This convinced me that it couldn't be him.

Fast forward to last night....once again, I discovered that more pills were gone and that I would not have enough to last me the month. I had enough. I felt insane. I cried and cried. I told my husband that maybe something is wrong with me mentally and that I'm moving the pills and I don't remember. I truly questioned my own sanity and even considered that I may have some kind of dissociative disorder. I used to get panic attacks (haven't had one in a few years) and I started to feel like I might start having one. My husband finally got me to calm down and come to bed. He fell asleep. I couldn't sleep. I cried and started researching dissociative disorders on my iPad.

He woke up. He said, "Babe, I have to tell you something. It was me. I took your medicine. It's been me this entire time." I wish I could say that I felt a strong sense of validation, but it was like I felt nothing. Then I felt so hurt, but still sort of numb. I grew up with an addict parent and I worked really hard to become a different person than the dysfunction that I grew up with. He knows how deep this hurts me. He cried and told me that he's still the honest, faithful man that I've known him to be and that this is the only secret that he's ever kept from me and that it's been killing him. He said that it killed him inside to see me questioning my sanity and that he couldn't keep it in any longer.

I don't know what to do. He told me that he'll take the worst "punishment" that I can give him, but I don't want to do that because I love my husband. I feel so hurt and he has definitely damaged the trust between us, but I don't want to shame and punish him. He wants to get counseling and I agree that it's a good step. When I was a kid, I used to go into this numb, emotionless state just to deal with being close to an addict. I feel like it's natural for me to go back there to "deal" with this, but I don't want to. I want a good marriage and I want to handle this the right way. So what is the best way to handle this?

tl;dr: Last night, my husband confessed to stealing my Adderall for nearly two years, after countless times of swearing that it wasn't him. It took seeing me seriously question my own sanity for him to finally confess....

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

(guess how many)

420, the dude collects classic Raven and Lorcin handguns

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

LGD posted:

420, the dude collects classic Raven and Lorcin handguns

Suddenly this is both too many and not anywhere near enough :(

quote:

Over 40. I started acquiring when my dad bought me my first rifle years ago, and since I've been working/had my own money, I've been adding. I probably add 5+ a year--at least I have the last few years. Because I have different purposes for them and some I collect.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

cumshitter posted:

The story didn't happen, and anyway most women bring cash/cards because it allows them to offer to go dutch so the guy doesn't feel entitled or get out if their date is a weirdo.

Which didn't happen at all in this wank story because she's a villain getting her comeuppance. The woman's world collapses the second her magic slut powers cease to have effect on this man, thanks to his rigorous fiscal discipline, and now she's scrubbing dishes in the back of a Japanese restaurant like one of Cinderella's wicked step-sisters.

If the story was real I'd be concerned about getting involved with an adult who leaves the house without any cash or card or any way to pay for anything, expectation of a free dinner or not.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
How do i [M 26] stop having trust issues when my girlfriend [22M] goes to visit a friend of hers

quote:

I've been together with my GF for nearly 4 months now but can not get those trust issue thoughts out of my head. Just today she told me she's going to a male friend of hers to watch a movie, she even bought some wine because she wanted to.

I'm sick of having those "i bet something is going to happen" kind of thoughts, but the whole situation is making me very suspicious and i have no idea how to talk to her about it, without escalating the matter.

I have talked with her about that same guy and she told me that he told her that he had feelings for her but she declined.

Tldr; gf bought wine to watch a movie with a friend of hers, i'm having trust issue thoughts

In the comments it comes out they're ldr too haha.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

purple death ray posted:

Fuckin hell who let gatts back in

don't worry I'm sure I'll end up banning him again when he inevitably gattses out

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Suddenly this is both too many and not anywhere near enough :(

Yea I could see why you'd want to lie to your wife about that poo poo because that's easily over five grand a year on guns alone nevermind ammunition

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Assuming theyre not all trash glocks and bought new the dude is sitting on like 50 grand or more in guns. He should ease her into it because if she finds out shell think hes loaded.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

I always offer to split and the guys who take me up on it always try to nickel and dime me to see how far they can take it lmao

they want me to pay my own way men are terrible :qq:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Barudak posted:

Assuming theyre not all trash glocks and bought new the dude is sitting on like 50 grand or more in guns. He should ease her into it because if she finds out shell think hes loaded.

40 guns in two safes in a single wide

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm just picturing what this guy had to go through to hide the existence of his actual gunstore's worth of guns from his girlfriend for two years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She goes to reach into the fridge but he distracts her and quickly grabs the Purdey and Sons out of it and stuffs it into the oven, as she returns her focus to him, confused as to why he just distracter her, the toster dings and pops up two freshly cooked glocks.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I'm just picturing what this guy had to go through to hide the existence of his actual gunstore's worth of guns from his girlfriend for two years.

He probably has a nuclear bunker that he keeps the guns in. He hasn't shown her that yet because he isn't sure he wants to share his rations with her after the apocalypse

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Red faced he begins to come up with a stammering excuse as the cabinet collapses under the pressure of the guns and he and she are pushed out the front door on a river of snubnosed revolvers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

rushing into the living room to hastily arrange a pile of AR15s into the shape of a set of couches and throw the rug over them, she sits down on one and fails to notice narrowly missing getting skewered by a bayonet