Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

you know after this many pages I'm upset no one made the obvious joke

the flying nails weren't the construction kind, they were the glue on kind

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Isis: 1

Guy Fawkes: 0

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
um, saying the armenian genocide happened is racist against turkish people!! :mad:

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
yeah but gently caress turks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

rezatahs posted:

yeah but gently caress turks

that's the greeks my dude

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Homeless Friend posted:

That would explain the nails

Lol

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*As the battle between DnD posters and Trumpavs continues to be waged in GBS swamp, the visage of DGSW and Nooner can be seen in the clouds above*

"Oh Fug"

*gasps DGSW to the prancing pink flamingo as the calvary of anime avs charges from CSPAM into the fray, while sporting banners of Bad Hombres, Nasty Women, and Bernie Bros*

"Five Guys?" *asks Nooner, and with a solemn nod DGSW replies* "With extra mayo"

*slowly the clouds dissipate along with vistal images of the fallen kings of GBS*

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
hey now, cenk realized the error of his ways and changed his official stance on the armenian genocide from outright denial, to one of non-confirmation.

i mean who knows what really happened, I am NO historian! :shrug:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

you know after this many pages I'm upset no one made the obvious joke

the flying nails weren't the construction kind, they were the glue on kind

Injured had metal bolts in their bodies

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...4b0366955f557cd

quote:

Relatives of a woman missing in the attack told South West News that victims were left with metal bolts embedded in their bodies.

Paul Dryhurst’s niece, Kelly Brewster, 32, is feared to have been killed when she visited the arena with her sister, Claire Booth, and Booth’s daughter, Hollie, 11.

All three were caught in the blast and Booth, 34, and Hollie were today being treated in hospital for horrific shrapnel wounds.

Speaking from his home in Sheffield, Dryhurst said Booth and Hollie were having bolts surgically removed from their bodies.

Dryhurst, a 59-year-old lorry driver, said: “Kelly has shielded Hollie and Claire from the damage.

“The three were walking out in single file, with Claire in front, Hollie behind her and Kelly behind her. When the bomb has gone off the impact has broken Claire’s jaw and broken Hollie’s legs. They are both currently in hospital having nuts and bolts removed from all places.”

He said his niece, Kelly, was still missing. Dryhurst said “After the impact Claire had gone to Hollie, but when she looked up she couldn’t find Kelly. They lost her in all the commotion.

Paul added: “We’ve now not heard anything for so long and holding on to the old saying ‘no news is good news’, but the longer it goes on, the worse it feels.”

The Guardian has some good photographers

I'm the guy jamming with my iphone

GoonWaffe did this.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I also love My Chemical Romance

~millennial chat~

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Wow the new Punisher comics artstyle looks really good.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Bholder posted:

Using actual hate speech for examples on why hate speech laws suck is not exactly the best of ideas.

There shouldn't be hate speech laws period but in America we already figured this out in the 60s so get with it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luxury Communism posted:

um, saying the armenian genocide happened is racist against turkish people!! :mad:

Also it is insulting and anti-Semitic because it denies the uniqueness of the Holocaust

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Also it is insulting and anti-Semitic because it denies the uniqueness of the Holocaust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcrtvomXoI

The Holocaust is joke
THAS RITE

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

lol a grown man crying in public because of mean words

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

various cheeses posted:

lol a grown man crying in public because of mean words

here's your "hate speech law" advocate

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Luxury Communism posted:

Who

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luxury Communism posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQ6B4r1ZVY

White people are not human

THAS RITE!

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

the dude who is literaly bawling because he basically got in a youtube comment argument irl

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
well see hate speech is a form of violence and

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Luxury Communism posted:

the dude who is literaly bawling because he basically got in a youtube comment argument irl

Oh I thought you meant me and I was confused. That guy got owned extremely hard lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
that guy must be a tourist because any new yorker worth his salt knows you never engage the israelites

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

that guy must be a tourist because any new yorker worth his salt knows you never engage the israelites

It's true. I did and ended up converting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Secular Humanist posted:

well see hate speech is a form of violence and
It is, it's just not a form of violence that you can create good laws against. This is why the standard for things like threats or incitement are way higher than just hate speech.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

That thing about the imam is quite something. I (unironically) wonder how that imam feels now, knowing that the hate he was receiving from this dude was, in retrospect, a massive warning sign.

I also don't understand how society could criminalize hate speech, while also seeing nothing wrong with (a future murderer) signing a letter directed against imams who preach against ISIS.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

I really like the Eric Andre bit about the black scientologists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

TheWeepingHorse posted:

That thing about the imam is quite something. I (unironically) wonder how that imam feels now, knowing that the hate he was receiving from this dude was, in retrospect, a massive warning sign.

I also don't understand how society could criminalize hate speech, while also seeing nothing wrong with (a future murderer) signing a letter directed against imams who preach against ISIS.

This sounds unironically like an interesting good read.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ishwoo posted:

They do random searches, which unfortunately for the 22 people generic Muslims are immune to because it's racist otherwise. Most of the people searched were probably the white middle-class dads who were dragged there against their will.

For them, death was a blessing.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

FactsAreUseless posted:

It is, it's just not a form of violence that you can create good laws against. This is why the standard for things like threats or incitement are way higher than just hate speech.

Well yeah actual incitement, maybe, could be reasonably construed as a "form" of violence. Some nutjob standing around saying how much they hate the jews or the blacks or the mexicans or whatever isn't violence, but it's being spun that way to justify really dumb acts of pre-emptive *actual* violence. It's like this big dumb explosion of irony and self delusion.

People know you can only justify violence in self defense, so if you really want to punch somebody just claim they are guilty of some nebulous form of "violence" that no two people can ever quite articulate in the same way, and you're good to go.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Profiling is dumb because they will just recruit somebody who doesn't fit the profile. Random searches are also dumb because it doesn't actually deter poo poo.

Pragmatically speaking, either you deal with the issue upstream and actually harm ISIS recruitment, you subject everyone to onerous security requirements, or you just let this poo poo happen tbh.

I just hate D&Ders because they are literally the reason this argument lost.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Luxury Communism posted:

Profiling is dumb because they will just recruit somebody who doesn't fit the profile. Random searches are also dumb because it doesn't actually deter poo poo.

Pragmatically speaking, either you deal with the issue upstream and actually harm ISIS recruitment, you subject everyone to onerous security requirements, or you just let this poo poo happen tbh.

I just hate D&Ders because they are literally the reason this argument lost.

or just search everyone, that is what they do in the US....

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

or you actually do something to cut funding from gulf states instead of touching their orbs

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

They put on a good show imo.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mnoba posted:

people dont have any business taking bags into concerts or games or poo poo like that anyway

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Maya Fey posted:

or you actually do something to cut funding from gulf states instead of touching their orbs

Is there a connection between the gulf states and this loon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Mnoba posted:

Yeah metal detectors, bag searches, pat downs. It's no fun to go through but it's better than being blown up.

Random searches?

:ughh:

• Locked thread