Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Belgian Waffle posted:

That laugh that gets cut off at the end :allears:

There were so many great Sage Northcutt posts from the fighters summit but that one was the best, followed closely by Cat Zingano trying to touch his arm while the entire row of female fighters she was sitting in breaks out in schoolgirlish giggles

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Work Friend Keven posted:

This donald trump... if this guy loved palming orbs in the shadows any more he'd be a male prostitute!

Donald Trump... I tell you... his tweets read like a child's first essay! "I got a burger. The burger was worse than mcdonalds burger. Sad!"

And donald trumps wife... she hates him! I dont know who hates this guy more... the american people... or his own wife!

And finally, when Fedor demanded copromotion of UFC event against Randy Natural, preventing the fight from ever happening, thats when we knew for sure that the true heavyweight goat of all time is big nog.

Incredible.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
btw i hope i don't get punched for this but angela magana looks like someone played a prank on chael sonnen and switched his testosterone with oestrogen

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

There were so many great Sage Northcutt posts from the fighters summit but that one was the best, followed closely by Cat Zingano trying to touch his arm while the entire row of female fighters she was sitting in breaks out in schoolgirlish giggles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0Ng1X7fkY

Yeah this is quality viewing right here

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

btw i hope i don't get punched for this but angela magana looks like someone played a prank on chael sonnen and switched his testosterone with oestrogen

cool now we all know how that tuf scuffle would have gone down if chael was the drunk / retarded guy and god cared what was said online about brazilian people

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lmaoooooo

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'm finding it very hard to take any of this seriously because I keep reading Magana as mangina.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tesilential posted:

Yo momma. I can see why you abbreviated your username, "I'm Not Really Intelligent" is too obvious.

Nope.

no hard feelings .. its just rather silly, what u said. dont they teach you in kung fu class that the first line of defense is not having to fight at all?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lollol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
watched frankie/yair again, frankie was so calm when he was defending the knee bar. he's so good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Same

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Remember Stipe miocic easily merking JDS in 2 minutes lol and now his only unavenged loss is to Stefan Struve

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Now its time to us to talk about how he's the GOAT while he sits out with injuries for 15 months before losing to DC.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's what Cormier can do after losing to Jones again.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Tim Sylvia just owned Magana. Christ

https://twitter.com/SecretMovesMMA/status/867143017987280896

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'm glad everyone is coming a loser in that stupid poo poo.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

manyak posted:

Remember Stipe miocic easily merking JDS in 2 minutes lol and now his only unavenged loss is to Stefan Struve
Struve is on a two fight win streak, at heavyweight that pretty much makes him Demian Maia. Rematch that poo poo immediately.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Anyone who refers to themselves as #yourmajesty deserves to be punched in the face.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Grifter posted:

Struve is on a two fight win streak, at heavyweight that pretty much makes him Demian Maia. Rematch that poo poo immediately.

Struve is more like Demian Tia

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Eo-8CZGvk

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

lmao

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Destroying Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, and JDS all in a row, all in one round, only to fall short of breaking the record for defenses by getting killed in a rematch with Stefan Struve would be the most heavyweight thing so let's book that rematch immediately.

Also looks like DJ vs TJ might actually be happening?

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/867168491794608129

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 24, 2017

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
For Stipe I'm guessing Cain (with Werdum as backup) will be the next match for him then Ngannou or Lewis if they keep winning. Anyone else "worthy"?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If Lewis beats Hunt they might put him up next. Especially since Cain is perpetually injured.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
they'll probably make ngannou fight lewis because the ufc is dumb and mashes contenders into each other

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If Lewis beats Hunt they might put him up next. Especially since Cain is perpetually injured.

If Lewis beats Hunt I might have to take an extended break from mma.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Romero vs Whittaker baby !!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Romero vs Whittaker baby !!

extremely good but I don't want to see rob lose

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Whittaker is going to loving kick his rear end.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That guy really has been a pleasant surprise.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

yeah !! yeah !!!! let's fuckig kill him!!!

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

That guy really has been a pleasant surprise.

Really hope Whitaker wins and we get to see a belt unification in Australia.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Scapegoat posted:

Really hope Whitaker wins and we get to see a belt unification in Australia.

now I'm (c) ahhhh!! time to unify at Fight Night: Perth

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

So, this happened. Neil Degrasse Tyson was on the UFC unfiltered podcast. One little-known fact is that Dr. Tyson was an undefeated state champ as a high school wrestler, and then wrestled for Harvard while studying astrophysics. So naturally Neil wanted to show off one of his favorite pinning moves on Matt Serra, and then Matt Serra demonstrated a Kimura. This clip also has a pretty good story about when someone pulled a knife on Tyson in high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPfI_LSd6M

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

Gramps posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z0Ng1X7fkY

Yeah this is quality viewing right here

She's just doing what we're all thinking.

Also, holy poo poo DJ vs. TJ is an actually great Flyweight Title fight (on paper), good on the UFC for that.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

threeagainstfour posted:

Destroying Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, and JDS all in a row, all in one round, only to fall short of breaking the record for defenses by getting killed in a rematch with Stefan Struve would be the most heavyweight thing so let's book that rematch immediately.

Also looks like DJ vs TJ might actually be happening?

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/867168491794608129

Mighty Mouse isn't thrilled about it. On twitter, he basically said he wants TJ to prove that he can actually cut to 125 and win at 125. He wants TJ to beat someone else at 125 then fight for the title.

This is probably a negotiating ploy. DJ is basically saying that if the UFC wants him to take a really hard fight for his record-breaking attempt, then they will have to pay him for it. And I'm fine with it, DJ is drastically underpaid, he might have a little leverage here, so write the big check and then they can promote the hell out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Rigel posted:

So, this happened. Neil Degrasse Tyson was on the UFC unfiltered podcast. One little-known fact is that Dr. Tyson was an undefeated state champ as a high school wrestler, and then wrestled for Harvard while studying astrophysics. So naturally Neil wanted to show off one of his favorite pinning moves on Matt Serra, and then Matt Serra demonstrated a Kimura. This clip also has a pretty good story about when someone pulled a knife on Tyson in high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPfI_LSd6M

I love everything about this.

• Locked thread