Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

evilweasel posted:

good to know donald trump is still considered a senior administration official
"Donald Trump is the most loved president by all the Muslims, just the best. And he has very large hands," said an anonymous White House official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FourLeaf posted:

I lost a lot of esteem for her because of the Russia focus and also the bizarre tease about Trump's tax returns.

Realtalk: this post is dumb as poo poo.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

good to know donald trump is still considered a senior administration official

As soon as I read this I immediately thought 'that is obviously trump talking.' It's amazing how oblivious he is to how distinct his speech patterns are. A vague, unverifiable yet grandiose claim about something that demonstrates a deep ignorance about the subject while claiming mastery at the same time? Why, who ever could that be?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

two fun facts that you might not be aware of:

1) a business cannot plead the 5th
2) michael flynn, traitor, owns a business that he likely conducted his treason through

do you know who else knows these fun facts?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/867121312858353664

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

evilweasel posted:

2) michael flynn, traitor, owns a business that he likely conducted his treason through

Oh god, please Matter :allears:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Budget passes here are 66 agencies that will be closed

Take your pick of what the worst one is

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867098319310532612

It's nice to see all the organizations who funded my post-graduate degree research so that I could be a useful member of society are being blanked by a big dumb retard

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Mister Adequate posted:

Oh god, please Matter :allears:

Im sorry they will not matter.
Because of money

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

My personal favorite is the Chemical Safety Board for 12m a year. If it saves three lives a year, it's a good bargain. Pretty sure it saves more.

Plus the CSB makes amazing safety videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/USCSB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JplAKJrgyew

Seriously, Defunding the CSB is the stupidest idea I can think of.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
^^^ gently caress :argh:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

My personal favorite is the Chemical Safety Board for 12m a year. If it saves three lives a year, it's a good bargain. Pretty sure it saves more.

they can gently caress off with that the CSB owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdDuHxwD5R4

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

FourLeaf posted:

Now there's certainly hard evidence, but before that had come out it had crossed the line into conspiracy mongering, and I think even Democrats had realized that and were backing off a bit.

LOl I'm mad that Rachel Maddow was right before everyone agreed she was right.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867126424691515394
:baby:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

JeffersonClay posted:

LOl I'm mad that Rachel Maddow was right before everyone agreed she was right.

Even if she was right, she has been spending way too much time on it. Her show has become ponderous.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Chris Hayes for my daily news roundup with a little extra background and just the right tone of smug douchiness that connects with me. And he's good when he gets away from the daily news and into deeper news and issues he cares about.

I like Rachel Maddow for the actual investigative research and her actually telling me stuff I didn't really know. Like even if I know the story she's doing 4 out of 5 times she'll clue me into an aspect of it I hadn't realized or fully understood.

This whole leftist "she's obsessed with Russia" thing seems really stupid and unfair to me. Considering that (a) she still talks about plenty else, (b) there's clearly a ton of real stuff to the Russia/Trump stuff, and (c) she does extensive coverage of corruption and murder in ACTUAL Russia to educate people on the state of Russian politics and Putin. To a certain extent its obviously connected and what she's deeply researching at the moment but I also get the sense she feels like the media dropped the ball in 2016 by not having America already clear on what's wrong with Russian intervention and why Putin is such a bad guy. But I guess that's out of bounds to some leftists for some reason?

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lol if that sinks Hannity I will be over the moon.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Leaked footage of Trump and his his top advisor convincing him to touch the Orb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6GZo9EeT8

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat it. Might watch Hannity tonight to see if he comments on Rich and the Fox News retraction. Damnit.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mcmagic posted:

Even if she was right, she has been spending way too much time on it. Her show has become ponderous.

NO EVIDENCE, amirite?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I hope he's in public when he's fired and the cameras catch him crying so hard he looks like he's finally making good on his pledge to get waterboarded

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

drat it. Might watch Hannity tonight to see if he comments on Rich and the Fox News retraction. Damnit.

Don't. You'll find out without having to watch.

mcmagic posted:

This, too, is a stupid opinion

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Realtalk: this post is dumb as poo poo.

Ok, I'm sorry. I just thought it was better now that we have the evidence to support the Russia assertions rather than two months ago when she started off every show with breathless speculation, including implying that Putin personally ordered Trump to bomb Syria to throw off suspicion.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hope he's in public when he's fired and the cameras catch him crying so hard he looks like he's finally making good on his pledge to get waterboarded

I hope he gets fired the same way Comey did. Via a news broadcast.

boner confessor posted:

^^^ gently caress :argh:

they can gently caress off with that the CSB owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdDuHxwD5R4

I see I'm not the only one that binge watches these on my lunch breaks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/867128243220099074
https://twitter.com/politiCOHEN_/status/867127303339483137
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/867127836473270272
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/867124327703089157
https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/867118500762071041
https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/867122676074151936

Lighter note:
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867121589132963842

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FourLeaf posted:

Ok, I'm sorry. I just thought it was better now that we have the evidence to support the Russia assertions rather than two months ago when she started off every show with breathless speculation, including implying that Putin personally ordered Trump to bomb Syria to throw off suspicion.

The thing is, it's always been incredibly obvious. I understand the desire to wait for concrete proof or whatever, but back when Trump randomly and for no reason started defending Russia during the debates, I immediately looked at my wife and said 'Um...I bet he's colluding with Russia to rig the campaign or something.' It only got more obvious that exactly that had happened as time went on and it hasn't stopped getting more obvious at any point. It only comes across as an insane conspiracy theory to some because they've been successfully reached with propaganda painting it that way. At no point has it ever been plausible to assert that nothing fishy happened with Russia - not ever.

Plus, if Putin didn't influence Trump to bomb Syria, or had nothing to do with that incident at all, I'd honestly be shocked. He is in up to his eyeballs with Russia and Putin. We just don't know all the details yet. So I don't think it's crazy to wonder if such things happened, rather it is insane to *not* wonder.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Its 5:30pm ET, where the hell is my Trump news?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

:eyepop: :popeye:

This is the best thing I've read all year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, what was Hannity "right" about with Trayvon Martin? That he was jacked up on purple drink and the guy who's been arrested like 3 more times for violent interactions with a gun was just a concerned citizen who was attacked?

I remember when Hannity was "right" about Cliven Bundy and then ran away from him when it turned out he was a big ole racist.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FourLeaf posted:

Except it wasn't breathless speculation. She was connecting the dots of Pence lying about Flynn back in March.

Also, this is a huge loving story. You HAVE to spend time investigating it. You don't wait for someone else to break the scoop AND THEN start talking about it. Nevermind that pressure from Maddow and CNN has caused several forced errors out of the White House that have caused this to balloon even farther.

Without MSM focusing so much on Russia, do you think Donald "Rating" Trump would have fired Comey? Maybe, but I personally believe Trump fired him because Comey was upstaging him in the news.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 23, 2017

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

Without MSM focusing so much on Russia, do you think Donald "Rating" Trump would have fired Comey? Maybe, but I personally believe Trump fired him because Comey was upstaging him in the news.

Yeah, when he said Comey was a 'showboat' it actually struck me as what Donald actually believed. I think he also fired him because of the Russia investigation but the tipping point was his jealousy over how much coverage Comey was getting. He's such a child and a narcissist that I just can't see that not being part of it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ReidRansom posted:

If you're getting up on Saturday morning and immediately tune in to news instead of boning your lady/man, eating breakfast and then getting morning drunk, washing a car or mowing the lawn or something, you're in too deep. Put down the remote for a while and go enjoy the world while it remains.

Have some sympathy for mcmagic, it was either that or prepare for tge failure that was Rex Ryan and the Jets.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

I hope this is just tonight's apéritif, because I mean, yeah that's good and all, but this isn't two weeks ago, I need something stronger.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
WHERES MY PHAT NEWS HIT IM GETTING ANTSY, HANDS SHAKING

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

She's now the highest rated cable TV news show. It's almost like this story has legs and people are interested in hearing about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Maddow does her research and work and shows us it real time. Sometimes that means an investigation thread goes nowhere but more often than not it means she's on things quicker than other mainstream news and her viewers have all the pieces of the puzzle when it finally comes together. I like being informed that way.

Its fine if you don't and just want to wait for a reporter to put the story together for you. I'm not saying that sarcastically. Sometimes I don't have the patience or interest in a story to follow it intently either. But that's what Maddow does and its always been what Maddow does. Now its suddenly a problem for some reason?

I mean, I have a conspiracy theory about why this is suddenly a problem to some certain people but I generally hold back my crazy, unfounded ideas because I haven't done the research Maddow has.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We can't have a history-making week in politics every week...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

I thought that too, and then the Post dropped another big one last night.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FourLeaf posted:

I'm not very fond of her strongly op/ed delivery but the information she presents is generally pretty worth looking at. She hosed up pretty bad with the "we got his tax returns (really!!)" but overall she deserves a lot of credit for reporting on Trump/Russia stuff and being diligent about it.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
There's been lots of bad news today! Apparently the government can't do math!

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

There Bias Two posted:

And yet every week since Jan 20 has been insane and unprecedented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JeffersonClay posted:

She's now the highest rated cable TV news show. It's almost like this story has legs and people are interested in hearing about it.

Fox's refusal to cover the Russia story has caused it to drop to 3rd and sometimes 4th place behind CNN and MSNBC. Fox has trailed those two in rating longer now than at any point in the last 17 years.

The Russia story might as well be the only thing going on in Washington.

• Locked thread