Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

OwlFancier posted:

What's your opinion on the historical sovereignty of Taunton as regards Minehead's territorial claims?

I do not trouble myself with the worries of the north

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Why would I need Gregg's when I can walk down to my local bakery and order a sausage roll bap

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Corned beef slice, thanks. Also back in my day we wen to The Baker's Oven. Is this thread finally readable again?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It was a sad day in South Shields when they closed the two Greggs literally next door to each other

Never 4get :britain:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Looks like most newspapers tomorrow have splashed with a giant picture of the murdered eight year old.

Fuckers.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

jabby posted:

Looks like most newspapers tomorrow have splashed with a giant picture of the murdered eight year old.

Fuckers.

and guess which one put the murderer on the front?

https://twitter.com/SunApology/status/867131161256001536

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

It was a sad day in South Shields when they closed the two Greggs literally next door to each other

an amusing nob sandwich

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

kustomkarkommando posted:

Why would I need Gregg's when I can walk down to my local bakery and order a sausage roll bap

Is that actually a sausage roll in a bread roll?? I would like to see a photo if possible.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A sad day for Minecraft

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What's that chicken and bacon thing they do, I like that one.

I am rather fond of the good old egg and cress on white bread supermarket sandwiches though, unless they try and make it fancy by putting it on bread with bits in it, come on lads, most people are buying it because it's the cheapest option no need to mess with it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

learnincurve posted:

What's that chicken and bacon thing they do, I like that one.

I am rather fond of the good old egg and cress on white bread supermarket sandwiches though, unless they try and make it fancy by putting it on bread with bits in it, come on lads, most people are buying it because it's the cheapest option no need to mess with it.

do you miss the 'posh' sainsburys ones in the old mealie dealies...

rip in peace.

worst news in the last year, easily

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

There's still some noble and pure journalism in this country: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/pasty-three-newcastle-revealed-greggs-11887605

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

do you miss the 'posh' sainsburys ones in the old mealie dealies...

rip in peace.

worst news in the last year, easily

Please mark this with a trigger warning before posting again in future ffs

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

TACD posted:

Steak bake or GTFO

two steaky bakes slapped together with some hp sauce in the middle

wowzers

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

Is that actually a sausage roll in a bread roll?? I would like to see a photo if possible.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The brown sauce is very important

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have never experienced a Sainsbury's meal deal I'm afraid, and it is possible that I never will as I now live nowhere near one. I do live in the Waitrose home delivery catchment area but I darent use it in case people think I'm posh and try to break into my house.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Me and my girlfriend used to semi-regularly get pasties from a pastie place in cirencester when we started going out. They did some really nice, fat chips, too. Only two places do good chips, the place in ciren and the chippie near my mum's house. Everywhere else I go is either soggy, too thin, or not crisp enough.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
They opened a Greggs right opposite our local bakery so Greggs can get hosed forever.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sainsburys should be prosecuted for warcrimes for what they did to their meal deal.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

spectralent posted:

Me and my girlfriend used to semi-regularly get pasties from a pastie place in cirencester when we started going out. They did some really nice, fat chips, too. Only two places do good chips, the place in ciren and the chippie near my mum's house. Everywhere else I go is either soggy, too thin, or not crisp enough.

The whole point of getting chips in places like that is that they're soggy as gently caress.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I noticed in the video of people scarpering from the explosion, there is a Greggs in the arena. There, all back on topic!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Portslade and Hove go to UKIP, really?

Nah, just being silly, (I Hope)

I'm just an unsavoury character, I try to keep away from political stuff as much as possible, unless you want me to witter on about Protection Camps and the policing of them & their actions.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Extraordinary

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Fans posted:

They opened a Greggs right opposite our local bakery so Greggs can get hosed forever.

The Greggs in my old town used to do fresh baked bread which was great for £1. Then they stopped doing the fresh baked bread and got lovely frozen loaves in from some factory elsewhere. Never been to a Greggs since.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

One of those is clearly a G eggs.

minema
May 31, 2011
Morrison's were the last place that didn't put bacon in their chicken caesar wrap and when I went in last month to get one they had given in as well. I don't understand why bacon has to be in everything it's poo poo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

'literally next door to each other'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Firos posted:

The Greggs in my old town used to do fresh baked bread which was great for £1.

Post if you've ever bought a Greggs dual Stottie bag and done anything other than torn off handfuls to eat like an animal. I don't believe it's possible.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

SteelMentor posted:

you say "literally next door to each other", but I disagree my friend, for there is a shop in between

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

minema posted:

Morrison's were the last place that didn't put bacon in their chicken caesar wrap and when I went in last month to get one they had given in as well. I don't understand why bacon has to be in everything it's poo poo

This but asda and lettuce.

No asda I don't want the bit of rotting soggy dandelion getting in the way of my liquid cheese and chicken wrapped in a stodgy fahita thankyou very much and I resent having to pick it out all the time.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

serious gaylord posted:

Sainsburys should be prosecuted for warcrimes for what they did to their meal deal.

They should get special dispensation for their healthy microwave pot meals because they're loving brilliant

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

WeAreTheRomans posted:

you say "literally next door to each other", but I disagree my friend, for there is a shop in between

An amusements is hardly a shop. More a of a black hole that only sucks in pensioners.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

kapparomeo posted:

As someone who grew up there I can wholeheartedly agree that Manchester hates the sun, although not necessarily The Sun.

Thank you for the best chuckle I've had from this all day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

An amusements is hardly a shop. More a of a black hole that only sucks in pensioners.

My granny liked to go for her monthly "bonk" at the amusements.

I think she meant gambling but knowing her I'm not sure.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

*drool*

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Steve2911 posted:

The whole point of getting chips in places like that is that they're soggy as gently caress.

Nah these were genuinely amazing. Fat things with a great crunch to them. I can't find them anywhere.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Gregg's used workfare, so I've had no cause to get nostalgic about Gregg's food.
I'm actually getting nostalgic for workfare, though. Now we're looking workhouses square in the face, and it'll be slavery for under-25s next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I've never seen a rectal prolapse in a bun before, but I like your nail polish.

• Locked thread