Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Private Speech posted:

Good time as any to post the map showing how there are no Greggs authentic Cornish pastry shops in Cornwall.

I don't really care much about Greggs either way though TBH. Tuna mayo is nice, but I hate potatoes in pastry, which excludes majority of them.

I'm weirdly proud of being from that big barren waste up the top. I didn't experience a Greggs til I was 20 I don't think.
Our local baker does amazing pies and carrot cake and then for everything else, there was Harry Gows, the North's answer to Greggs.
Though the bf did introduce me to the delicacy that is a Fife steak bridie the other week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/867118950685003776

Well that's not foreboding at all.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I am still unsure the ukmt is back to normal.
Test : best flavour of monster munch?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Flamin Hot

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

is there a correlation between the spread of greggs and the roman empires invasion?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

:same:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

I'm really not sure why you'd want to replace armed police with soldiers. It's not like terrorists are going to sneak a T-55 into westminster.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Mods?

spectralent posted:

I'm really not sure why you'd want to replace armed police with soldiers. It's not like terrorists are going to sneak a T-55 into westminster.

It's to free up the armed police to go out on street patrols.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

spectralent posted:

The idea isn't that they are any better/more heavily armed than the police. The idea is that they can do simple tasks like guarding buildings which frees up the armed police to patrol/raid houses/arrest suspects etc. It's not necessarily a terrible temporary measure, although you wonder if they are actually using the armed police effectively if they're running out of them.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

SteelMentor posted:

An amusements is hardly a shop. More a of a black hole that only sucks in pensioners.

Nowt made me angrier, as a wee lad, to come across a place calling itself 'Amusements' only to find it was filled with shite one-armed bandits and not loving video games.

Honestly on reflection that's still up there as a cause of rage.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Fans posted:

They opened a Greggs right opposite our local bakery so Greggs can get hosed forever.

Greggs also used workfare, they can get double hosed. I didn't ever used to see them down south and then when I moved North they were loving everywhere and by the time I moved back the contagion had spread. Glad to see that Plymouth and Cornwall are still pure.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

is there a correlation between the spread of greggs and the roman empires invasion?

Somewhere in central Scotland, a fossilized steak bake bears the inscription:

LEGIO IX GREGGORIVM

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Trickjaw posted:

I've never seen a rectal prolapse in a bun before, but I like your nail polish.

Not my picture. It's a choripán with chimichurri. It's greasy as gently caress but tastes heavenly.

Like most typically argentinian foods, it looks like a traffic accident but tastes great.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mister Adequate posted:

Nowt made me angrier, as a wee lad, to come across a place calling itself 'Amusements' only to find it was filled with shite one-armed bandits and not loving video games.

Honestly on reflection that's still up there as a cause of rage.
At least the Mablethorpe amusements actually had arcade games as well as the traditional fare of one armed bandits, 'electric horse race that's probably rigged', and 'sliding drawers thing with 10ps that's now inexplicably a TV quiz show'.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

jabby posted:

The idea isn't that they are any better/more heavily armed than the police.

I'd argue they're actually worse, given soldiers aren't really trained to be police.

But using them as a garrison to free up police for raids makes sense and it's definitely better than the other way around.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think Greggs does a cornish pasty.

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/Frozen/Greggs/Pasties-and-Slices/Greggs-2-Cornish-Pasties-362g/p/53855

Granted they aren't exactly the main thing they make.

Also according to daily mail they had to rename them in their actual shops because of the EU and geographic cultural product limitations. But I'm not posting a link to DM.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 23, 2017

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Guavanaut posted:

'electric horse race that's probably rigged'

Place your bets now please

Ah, Redcar seafront, I still miss you :unsmith:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Private Speech posted:

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/Frozen/Greggs/Pasties-and-Slices/Greggs-2-Cornish-Pasties-362g/p/53855

Granted they aren't exactly the main thing they make.

Also according to daily mail they had to rename them in their actual shops because of the EU and geographic cultural product limitations. But I'm not posting a link to DM.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/protected-food-name-cornish-pasty-pgi / http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/quality/door/registeredName.html?denominationId=1844

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Guavanaut posted:

At least the Mablethorpe amusements actually had arcade games as well as the traditional fare of one armed bandits, 'electric horse race that's probably rigged', and 'sliding drawers thing with 10ps that's now inexplicably a TV quiz show'.

Millisle in Norn Iron was the best because it had about five different amusements in a village of like a thousand people, and of them one was entire video games, one was entirely gambling, and the other three were mixes. So my granny would take me with a huge pile of coins she'd saved through the year and she'd play the slots and I'd play the real games and then we'd go to the best chippy on the planet.

Even better was when we were at my Uncle Bobby's caravan because it was just down the road. I saw the biggest feckin' crab of my life when we were all playing on the beach and ran away like a wee girl.

Anyway that's enough nostalgia.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Total Meatlove posted:

They should get special dispensation for their healthy microwave pot meals because they're loving brilliant

Unless they specifically say you can microwave the plastic, you should not microwave the plastic.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Place your bets now please

Ah, Redcar seafront, I still miss you :unsmith:

Can confirm these still exist on seafronts in the south.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Yeah that's a better link. Dunno if it's good or bad, maybe they'll start calling them Cornish pasties again after Brexit?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Monster munch can get hosed, it's all terrible. The best crisps are walker's baked cheese and onion

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cheese and onion crisps are poo poo

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Miftan posted:

Monster munch can get hosed, it's all terrible. The best crisps are walker's baked cheese and onion

Jesus gently caress, dude.
We just got bombed by ISIS, give it a couple of days, at least

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

It's not my fault the uk has an unhealthy obsession with vinegar. It's only good for cooking, and even that's questionable.
E: I'd like to partially retract this. Tyrell's salt and vinegar is pretty good.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

spectralent posted:

On question time when students were rioting, it was said Army guys have less death in service benefits, which seems a bit topsy turvey to me.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Odds on Jeremy Corbyn from the main betting sites, which were improving yesterday, are now getting worse. Odds on Theresa May are improving. But thank God campaigning is going to remain suspended for a week so nobody can take advantage of this tragedy.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

Greggs is pretty good value, but the nearest one is a days walk away. I ain't a proclaimer.

There used to be a Greggs on the corner of the High Street/South Street opposite Athena, is it something else now?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

If its anything like the IRA, we will have to wait 40-50 years after each attack (or when the last soldier has died of natural causes) to find out what happened.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jabby posted:

Odds on Jeremy Corbyn from the main betting sites, which were improving yesterday, are now getting worse. Odds on Theresa May are improving. But thank God campaigning is going to remain suspended for a week so nobody can take advantage of this tragedy.

They'll be moving based on the money down rather than private knowledge so that's just reflecting the expectation that the Tories will gain from this. If local campaigning starts again soon the damage might be small.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

jabby posted:

It would be interesting to see how accurate peer to peer betting is, as people are stumping up the cash.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

I wouldn't worry that would have happened anyway.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dYqCW9gKF4&t=213s

No one's going to do that

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I wouldn't worry that would have happened anyway.

Only you could be pleased about a terrorist attack handing the Tories a set of major advantages.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I was away from the internet the last day. Was it a balloon popping, a gas explosion, or a sonic boom?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

L-Boned posted:

I was away from the internet the last day. Was it a balloon popping, a gas explosion, or a sonic boom?

Terrorist explosion.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

L-Boned posted:

Suicide bomber with an improvised explosive device

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Post if you've ever bought a Greggs dual Stottie bag and done anything other than torn off handfuls to eat like an animal. I don't believe it's possible.

Had one with some left over curry sauce, worked really well

Hoops posted:

Edit: also I was at a family party the other weekend and someone brought in boxes of the caramel custard donuts. Holds up against any Krispy Kreme and it's literally 90 pence.

Can confirm

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Morrisey you twat

quote:

the singer-songwriter’s comments focused on his own “anger” at the situation, and what he deemed an insufficient response on the part of British leaders, including Prime Minister Theresa May and Queen Elizabeth.

At one point in his post about the incident, Morrissey calls for leaders to officially say “what we all say in private,” by which he appears to mean condemning Islam. “Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an ‘extremist,'” he writes. “An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

knox_harrington posted:

It would be interesting to see how accurate peer to peer betting is, as people are stumping up the cash.

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics

As someone who bets a lot on this stuff I can tell you the it's a lagging indicator just like the rest of the betting markets. Betting movements largely follow news and polling not the other way round.

• Locked thread