Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

WampaLord posted:

The saddest part is that I'm not wrong.

Like, y'all have to live with this shame forever, just like the Bucs have to live with have the most consecutive losses. Eventually time heals all wounds, but this one's still fresh.

"choked" would be a better phrase, sure.

You aren't wrong. I don't think I will ever fully be over that game until they actually win a Superbowl. They choked, you are absolutely correct. I will always think of just how many things had to happen for that to even be possible. That 4th quarter really can be titled "A Series of Unfortunate Events".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
2017 is the worst loving year on record.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Eugene Robinson is just glad that now no one will ever talk about the other time the Falcons went to the super bowl.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

This is the unfortunate truth. Although "blown out" isn't true...at all...the narrative will always be, and rightfully so, how the Atlanta Falcons collapsed in historic fashion and blew the largest lead in SB history. It will be with this team until they win one. If they ever win one. :smith:

Brings up a good point. We've had two back to back NFC South teams in the Super Bowl, both losses. Which NFC South team will be the next one in the Super Bowl AND win?

My heart wants to give Drew Brees an Elwayish send-off Super Bowl victory. My head is looking at Tampa Bay's potential offense and saying "drat!"

Still going with the Saints as long as Drew is there and if the defense doesn't completely suck rear end. Once Drew is gone, that's all folks.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

Brings up a good point. We've had two back to back NFC South teams in the Super Bowl, both losses. Which NFC South team will be the next one in the Super Bowl AND win?

My heart wants to give Drew Brees an Elwayish send-off Super Bowl victory. My head is looking at Tampa Bay's potential offense and saying "drat!"

Still going with the Saints as long as Drew is there and if the defense doesn't completely suck rear end. Once Drew is gone, that's all folks.

I think if you look at SB windows, I would say Falcons and Bucs have the best chance. Seems like the Saints are just destined to go 7-9 forever until Drew retires and it turns to 2-14.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think if you look at SB windows, I would say Falcons and Bucs have the best chance. Seems like the Saints are just destined to go 7-9 forever until Drew retires and it turns to 2-14.

We'll need to hire Jeff Fisher to keep the streak alive.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

My head is looking at Tampa Bay's potential offense and saying "drat!"

It's gonna be the Bucs.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
dont stop im almost there

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

We'll need to hire Jeff Fisher to keep the streak alive.

It would be very Breesy and Paytony to have one final gently caress off kaboom season and win it all just to eternally gently caress with my mind.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It would be very Breesy and Paytony to have one final gently caress off kaboom season and win it all just to eternally gently caress with my mind.

From your mouth to the fickle football gods' ears.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If the Saints have one of their random non-garbage defensive seasons that seem to come along every three or four years they could easily make a playoff run.

But I thing Tampa probably wins the division next year but has an early playoff exit. Then Mike Smith takes a head coaching job and they regress.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JameisInDaCut/status/865697115795668992

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

smh

back at it again at the krispy kreme

and again

and again

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Get to a gym and put down the fork Benjamin you lazy oval office.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

BlindSite posted:

Get to a gym and put down the fork Benjamin you lazy oval office.

What if we added weights to his forks?

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

waah posted:

What if we added weights to his forks?

What's the opposite of an iron deficiency?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I knew he was concussed, bad, and dealing with an assault charge for beating up an uber driver, BUT HES OUT OF SHAPE TOO?!?!?

quote:

The Charlotte Observer reports Panthers OT Michael Oher's absence from the offseason program is not just concussion-related.

Per reporter Joseph Person, Oher is dealing with "personal matters" beyond his misdemeanor assault case. He is also reported to be out of shape. Oher remains penciled in as the Panthers' right tackle, but second-rounder Taylor Moton looms as a back-up plan. There's been no indication Oher is close to being cleared from the concussion that wrecked his 2016.

congrats you're a wide receiver now

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Rivera loves guys who can play multiple positions, which is why we didn't spend a high draft pick on a tackle or TE. We have Kelvin Benjamin slotted in for those spots.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

This is the season Cam dies on the field literally irl.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/867063041195683842

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It looks like a scene at Dunder Mifflin.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TBBuccaneers/status/866711443449794561

Savage.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lol, drat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bucs firing off the cannon early.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Whoever the Bucs pay to run their social media needs a raise, lmao.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Don't get it. What's so savage?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gatts posted:

Glad I'm not the only one because it seemed like a pretty :effort: reply but I was just assuming I was viewing the savage reply through Falcon's glasses.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Gatts posted:

Read the jersey numbers again, slowly.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Read the jersey numbers again, slowly.

:stare:

oh drat, that's loving good.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Oh god damnit...lol...ok Bucs, I see you

:bravo:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To be fair what led up to that was the Bucs posting a link to Bucs branded fidget spinners which is inexcusable.

e: oh holy gently caress the jersey numbers

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Expect a lot of 28-3 related signs in the stands this year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Expect a lot of 28-3 related signs in the stands this year.

Yeah, it's going to be more annoying than hurtful tbh. Like every Falcons related tweet ever since the Superbowl has multiple morons posting 28-3 like it means anything other than the fact that they are unoriginal at this point.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, it's going to be more annoying than hurtful tbh. Like every Falcons related tweet ever since the Superbowl has multiple morons posting 28-3 like it means anything other than the fact that they are unoriginal at this point.

28-3

:smug:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Hell, 28-3

:downs:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Meanwhile in Syria...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Now we're getting it from loving SYRIA?! fml

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is so good.

I do almost feel bad because our Falcons posters are cool. Almost.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Falcons caused Tom Brady's only post-season pick-6 ever, and no one will remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Falcons caused Tom Brady's only post-season pick-6 ever, and no one will remember it.

Hell, could have been like 3 pick 6's but alas...sigh...

• Locked thread