Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The man likes puppies and or dogs. It's a good shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Sato's look for the race

https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/867017955778985984

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
More/new sponsorship is always a good thing!

So just to support the international scene, my 500 tickets were resold to some Japanese person. Probably F1 fans wanting to see Alonso :yoshi:

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 23, 2017

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Breaking news doublepost

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/05/23/mike-pence-appear-indianapolis-500/339084001/

quote:

INDIANAPOLIS — Mike Pence will attend the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday.

The Vice President of the United States and former Indiana governor will fly to Indianapolis, an IndyStar source confirmed. His role in the Sunday’s festivities has not been revealed.

Pence was recently in Indiana to speak at Notre Dame’s commencement ceremony, where dozens of students walked out in protest.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:barf:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

"Jenna Fryer never said anything bad about Alonso doing Indy" - Mike Pence, probably.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I thought his ride was fully funded? I guess more sponsorship is always a good thing.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the 500 is probably a good event for him to visit because literally nobody will even notice his presence with the loud cars and snake pit and poo poo

god he sucks

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mod edit: :ughh:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 23, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Didn't Pence leave Indiana with the whole state hating his rear end? lol if he gets booed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I hope he does.

And knowing our luck, he'll probably give the starting command or some poo poo like that.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Reminds me of when Barry Goldwater would always be announced as a "celebrity" every year through the '70s

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Two words: Secret Service :smith:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I assume this will make getting into the event more of a cluster F than usual then?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Bentai posted:

I assume this will make getting into the event more of a cluster F than usual then?

Only thing I can think of is the possibility of metal detectors being added which would slow things considerably but :iiam:

I'm sure more info will follow

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's have a palate cleanser:

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/867082670970482692

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

didn't ims make a big deal out of being lgbtq friendly

i hope they wave pride flags in pence's stupid face

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

financially racist posted:

didn't ims make a big deal out of being lgbtq friendly

i hope they wave pride flags in pence's stupid face

Yes they did and I hope they do

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Mike Pence coming to Indy? Russian driver in the race? Guys...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Remember how I asked you if you knew anything about the road course setup?

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/140777-indycar-18-road-course-bodywork-reveal-coming

It's soon, I guess!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

IOwnCalculus posted:

As evidenced by Dario in... 2012 if I remember correctly, inconvenienced drivers make the best commentators.

Dan Wheldon was in the booth with Bob Jenkins when he was without a ride in 2011.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
They should bring back Jim Nabors and his husband to sing "Back Home Again in Indiana."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

On that note, I looked to see who was going to butcher the song this year and was surprised to find it's Jim Corneilson, who's the Anthem singer for the Chicago Blackhawks and will hopefully do the song justice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I just am mad I'm going to see pence's stupid loving face on an otherwise amazing day full of racing.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

On that note, I looked to see who was going to butcher the song this year and was surprised to find it's Jim Corneilson, who's the Anthem singer for the Chicago Blackhawks and will hopefully do the song justice.

As a Red Wings fan this disgusts me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KingShibby posted:

As a Red Wings fan this disgusts me

Could be worse.

Could be Ken Holland doing it.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

iospace posted:

Could be worse.

Could be Ken Holland doing it.

At least my hometown Griffins are still in the AHL playoffs

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
somebody sell me tickets and i'll go boo pence personally myself.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It's my day off.

I despise the man's politics, but I could give a rat's rear end. He's also VP and my IndyCar fan side think it's cool we have a sitting vice president attending the race.

I'm a sanders-brand lefty. But I'm taking the day off from it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's my day off.

I despise the man's politics, but I could give a rat's rear end. He's also VP and my IndyCar fan side think it's cool we have a sitting vice president attending the race.

I'm a sanders-brand lefty. But I'm taking the day off from it.

no actually he's a fuckshit and should be booed out of the facilities

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gently caress mike pence I hope bit of areo hits him in his squished face

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Unless Pence is actually working to take down Trump from the inside, I say boo the man.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

gret posted:

Unless Pence is actually working to take down Trump from the inside, I say boo the man.

I mean he is but to replace it with his own brand of fun times.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Keep actual politicians out of a sport I like please. One of Indycar's relative strengths is that it has largely avoided external political bullshit of any stripe throughout all of it's recent history. Although perhaps this is due to its focus on self-destructive internal politics.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, Mike Pence is a pile of poo poo, yes, but is currently the highest profile person from Indiana right now, so I can't blame him for going.

(I wish he wouldn't go)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mike Pence caused an HIV epidemic in Indiana but people from Indiana are bad so I think Mike Pence is OK

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Going to Legends Day.

Gonna get some autographs and look at the old cars going around the track.

I HIGHLY recommend attending. Where else can you see old roadsters going by and meet the racing dentist?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

L_Harrison posted:

Mike Pence coming to Indy? Russian driver in the race? Guys...

I'm ready for the Louise Mensch article about this.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mike Pence caused an HIV epidemic in Indiana but people from Indiana are bad so I think Mike Pence is OK

Only the smartest from indiana pass on needles.

Can't get hiv from snorting things. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I'm neutral on Pence going to the 500 despite him being one of the most horrible human beings on the planet. Years from now, we can say that the sitting Vice President attended the Indy 500, which is a big deal.

If IMS gives Pence the microphone to do anything of significance, then crowd will invoke their first amendment right appropriately. (Can you imagine him giving the command to start engines?) Best case scenario, he waves from the booth and is a non-factor. Apocalypse scenario, ABC interviews him in the booth.

• Locked thread