Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Muddy Burphy posted:

Didn't either the 21 or 99 crews screw up in the pits because of the similar paint schemes?

Yes indeed. They looked near identical that day, especially from the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

schedule

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/05/23/2018-nascar-schedule-released-playoff-changes/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Moving the 500 back to President's Day weekend is great because people with Monday off might be more encouraged to go to the race.

Changing the Chase opener from 1.5 mile cookie cutter Chicagoland to 1.5 mile cookie cutter LVMS. :effort:

The Charlotte road course is the best straw grasp yet and I'm genuinely looking forward to watching it, but I can't complain because I love the traditional dates for Sonoma and the Glen in the Summer.

e- https://twitter.com/Riceman61/status/867114873506983937

Boy, seats in Turns 1 and 2 might be good for sight lines for a road course race at CMS.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 23, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Give RA a cup date already

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

iospace posted:

Give RA a cup date already

Give Lime Rock a Truck Race, and send Xfinity back to Montreal.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
RIP the Good Loudon race.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

quote:

Chicagoland Speedway now is the site of NBC Sports’ season debut on July 1 — just prior to the traditional Daytona International Speedway Coke Zero 400 stop a week later, a powerful one-two punch.

I mean if that's what you wanna call a race at chicagoland it makes sense because it usually knocks me out really fast.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Is NASCAR Heat Evolution any fun at all to play? It's on sale for PS4 for $18 and I'm prone to buying stupid stuff under $20.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I wouldn't spend more than 10 dollars on it. It's not terrible, but not very good either.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

that charlotte road course is garbage and comically not up to Cup standards. it will be hilarious to have another stupid demolition derby in the chase though.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
The only good roval track is at New Hampshire, which astute racing nerds will note is not completely contained inside of the oval.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
lol holy poo poo the Charlotte roval. That track's not made for full-body cars, so it's gonna be hilarious or terrible or both.

edit: also, the start/finish line is in the braking zone to turn 1, which will cause insanity for qualifying and last lap stuff.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 24, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

that charlotte road course is garbage and comically not up to Cup standards. it will be hilarious to have another stupid demolition derby in the chase though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL67vXR5Hdk

that fuckin pit exit :stonklol:

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
If that IRacing video is accurate, holy gently caress is this a bad idea.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://www.racechaseronline.com/stock-cars/arca/arca-finney-team-crossroads-toledo-practice-blaze/

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The Charlotte roval has to be the worst roval in existence, But I mean the race is a guaranteed demolition derby though. Hopefully they'll update the track?

Edit - following a link in the video they already started on changing turn 1 in april.

https://ninertimes.com/2017/04/charlotte-motor-speedway-enhancing-road-course-layout/

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 24, 2017

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

dentist toy box posted:

The Charlotte roval has to be the worst roval in existence, But I mean the race is a guaranteed demolition derby though. Hopefully they'll update the track?

Indeed they are.

https://twitter.com/knighter01/status/867115911081275394

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/867175336362074112

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That roval loving blows if it's the same one I've done in iRacing

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:allears:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

If that new map with the tight twisty section is accurate, it'll be a terrible track. Watkins Glen and Sonoma are good fits for NASCAR because of the medium- and high-speed turns and lumbering nature of the cars. I don't see how asking the cars to navigate three increasingly tightening 180s will do any good.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Just the fact that NASCAR is going to race on a roval is loving hilarious and I can't wait for whatever clusterfuck happens.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dear NASCAR,

We asked for road course in the Chase, Playoffs, or whatever the gently caress you're calling it for a while now.

WHY NOT ROAD AMERICA?

WHY NOT SEBRING?

Oh right, money. Because you can't be assed to race on a track you don't own.

loving cheapskates.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

iospace posted:

Dear NASCAR,

We asked for road course in the Chase, Playoffs, or whatever the gently caress you're calling it for a while now.

WHY NOT ROAD AMERICA?

WHY NOT SEBRING?

Oh right, money. Because you can't be assed to race on a track you don't own.

loving cheapskates.

NASCAR owns Sebring basically

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

NASCAR owns Sebring basically

Then why don't they race there? Because it's too long, too bumpy, and too twisty?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

They pretty much own road atlanta also, but I'm guessing they already have a race near atlanta, and with sebring I guess they figure there's already 3 plus races a year in florida.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Because Bruton Smith and SMI know where the bodies are buried.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

dentist toy box posted:

They pretty much own road atlanta also, but I'm guessing they already have a race near atlanta, and with sebring I guess they figure there's already 3 plus races a year in florida.

As opposed to being 3-4 races in Charlotte.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

NASCAR (not even ISC) straight up owns Sebring and Road Atlanta, from what I understand.

im not an ISC stockholder, but this whole plan to spend a bunch of money on this CLT roadcourse looks really dumb, even with a guarantee cup date in the chase.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cygni posted:

NASCAR (not even ISC) straight up owns Sebring and Road Atlanta, from what I understand.

im not an ISC stockholder, but this whole plan to spend a bunch of money on this CLT roadcourse looks really dumb, even with a guarantee cup date in the chase.

IMSA owns Road Atlanta and Sebring

which technically isn't NASCAR but it is Frances all the way down

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:thurman:

Yep. Dale Jr's gonna be a fun Twitter follow from now on. Thank God he won the 2014 Daytona 500.

I'm picturing this as that Squidbillies episode where Rusty gets the "vidja game", except that it's a washboard with Dig Dug written on it so he can do Krystal's laundry. Except Junyer ain't no dummy.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IMSA is owned directly by NASCAR as a subsidiary, i think. Grand Am was originally set up independently, but merged back in... and when NASCAR bought ALMS, it essentially renamed Grand Am to IMSA and used its ACCUS registration. at least thats how i understand it? i dunno man im dumb as hell

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cygni posted:

SMI owns Charlotte. ISC is the France family, SMI is Smith.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Peanut President posted:

SMI owns Charlotte.

i legitimately didnt remember that. i guess this is relevant

Cygni posted:

im dumb as hell

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is the most :effort: way they could've both added a road course and put one in the playoffs. Unless they make some track modifications this is going to be a poo poo show.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shyduck posted:

This is the most :effort: way they could've both added a road course and put one in the playoffs. Unless they make some track modifications this is going to be a poo poo show.

In fairness, being a shitshow is usually what makes the road courses fun

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

shyduck posted:

I can't wait to see Indianapolis '18 be a plate race and somebody miss the Chase Playoffs because they get junked in a huge wreck on the frontstretch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, they should have done the IMS road course. It's probably one of the few rovals that makes minimal use of the oval and still is decently long.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't xfinity gonna run plates there this year? I imagine there isn't gonna be a single pass or anything .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I have run that track enough times in a video game that I can authoritatively tell you that whichever NASCAR track you think is the worst just became the 2nd worst. If they'd have decided one of the playoff races next year would be a foot race, that would still not be as bad an idea as putting Charlotte Roval on the calendar.

• Locked thread