Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

orange juche posted:

Where would you rate Persian women on the scale of hotness? They're definitely way up there imo.
They're on their own scale, so just as a deployment 10 would be a normal-life 5, or a New York City 3...an Iranian 10...we don't have numbers that equate. It might break the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Kimdotcomchat

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11279489

New Zealand Gossip Rag posted:

"We had an amazing life where I was his princess and when you're 19 or 20, that's cool. But then you grow up and want to explore the world and it doesn't work anymore," she told Woman's Day.

She described the relationship as a "Cinderella story" with the opulent lifestyle at the side of Dotcom, 40, vastly different from a tough childhood tainted by abuse and spent living with different relatives.

"I was only 17 or 18 when we met and I had a difficult childhood, as he did. He gave me emotional security."

She also revealed that Dotcom stashed bags of his favourite food, gummi bears, around the house.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Apparently Dennis Nedry survived Jurassic Park, who knew.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

orange juche posted:

The poo poo I don't get is why in the gently caress is the US allies with the House of Saud instead of Iran? Like, why in the gently caress would you become buddies with arguably the worst bunch of fuckheads in the gulf and burn your bridges with Iran? There's a lot of poo poo the US can do and could have done to normalize relations with Iran but lmao no we're gonna stick with the Sauds even though their ogliarchs have kicked off most of the islamic terrorist groups in existence.

Money. A poo poo ton of it through actual money changing hands through construction/business financing and back channel oil deals.

Casimir Radon posted:

Caveats included the past two election cycles have proven that Iran has a lot more chance of changing than Saudi Arabia will barring something incredibly drastic. 2009 too if the Imams hadn't interfered. Behind a lot of government window dressing your average Iranian is sick of the bullshit and wants better. What they want doesn't entirely align with our interests but far more than with the Sauds.

This isn't exactly true. In the unlikely event the rest of the ruling class allow bin Talal to live long enough.. He is a massive driving force in modernizing Saudi Arabia. Iran is moving much faster because the youth some how figured out the oppressive Shi'a rule is hindering their ability to succeed not just a nation but as individuals. But SA has a small number of its large modernization movement realizing that they are going to need to speak up. Once that starts to grow, and if Talal gets hold of power it will, then you will see 30-40 years of social evolution take place in 5-10 year period and all hell will break loose. Frankly its going to happen anyway once the rest of the world figures out that renewable energy is cheaper and oil becomes a "for cars only" product cutting consumption in half, if not more due to the rise of electric cars. At which point their plan B is hoping to become a tech capitol.

Someone did a really good in-depth article on the fall of Saudi Arabia that lined all this out, but its too much :effort: to google it up.

orange juche posted:

Where would you rate Persian women on the scale of hotness? They're definitely way up there imo.

Persians are just like every other nationality. They all have hot women.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently Dennis Nedry survived Jurassic Park, who knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gYRyoteLXs&t=180s

I love the noise he makes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You missed the best part

quote:

Mrs Dotcom said how she secretly fled the mansion late one night in May in a golf cart to meet a friend at the fence line of the property.

God forbid she just walk

Also christ I hate the fact that my country is STILL shielding that fat piece of poo poo from extradition :negative:

With every goddamn moron shouting about how the US should keep its nose out of ARE BUSINESS

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What a dumb name that guy has

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Seeing his Internet party fail to get even a single seat this last election was very very satisfying

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holocaust Museum or Disneyland? You Decide

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
He signed in Melania's name for her, didn't he? Either that or I could totally see "no no no, you sign your name like *I* do..."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867166277143580673

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Two Finger posted:

Seeing his Internet party fail to get even a single seat this last election was very very satisfying

His uber-german techno album was hilarious too

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nz current events:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new...o=5445517891001

Dude yells at antivaxxers that their presence is killing babies

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Trump: 0-for-2 on handsies

https://twitter.com/AmandaWills/status/867057690387898370

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's lonely at the top/get hosed donnie

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

orange juche posted:

They're either a 1-5 or a 9-10. No middle ground.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

And it's going to cost him big. IIRC, Hillary Clinton's Chief of Staff had hundreds of thousands of legal debt by the time Bill left office in 2000. One of the big reasons that she and Bill got into the private speaking game was that they were each in debt up to their necks.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Has any sitting president ever gotten divorced?

Because :getin:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

British troops patrolling streets, another UK attack may be imminent.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Trump may not be as rich as he claims, but he's plenty rich enough that hourly legal bills aren't going to be a problem.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Is this thread bugged? It's not refreshing properly for me.

Edit: that fixed it, sorry.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

you all talk as if trump is known for paying bills

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I was just having the same problem. I blame Canada

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Trump may not be as rich as he claims, but he's plenty rich enough that hourly legal bills aren't going to be a problem.

$400 and up an hour adds up fast. And that's the going rate for say, a simple felony drug possession case in a big city.

The type of law firm that bills for this type of poo poo, well holy gently caress, that's another ball game.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hope that in 10 years time they finally reveal that it was Jimmy the Diet Coke retriever that turned States first. Jimmy is why all these goombas asking for immunity are getting laughed at. Because Jimmy was the first.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Brits may be angry at Trump for releasing name of attacker to US press.

Edit:

Vasudus posted:

I hope that in 10 years time they finally reveal that it was Jimmy the Diet Coke retriever that turned States first. Jimmy is why all these goombas asking for immunity are getting laughed at. Because Jimmy was the first.

The one thing that I think gets lost in all this is the "why?". As in why is all of this getting out/leaking. Yea I get that someone started because they felt that something wrong was happening or a crime being committed. But at this point its a loving race to see who can throw their molotov cocktail first.

Leading to my favorite thing ever.

The books that will be written about how toxic the environment is in the White House. How loving miserable is Trump making everyone there to cause them to race to the press to be the anonymous source on the next scandal. And how many of them are going to sell themselves out as "the source" once they get a pardon from prosecution for leaking? Because holy poo poo is that going to be an amazing tale.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 24, 2017

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
So that Philippines thing is pretty crazy.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/v3rnf

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

who?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NYWFP/status/867201289888960512

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

you all talk as if trump is known for paying bills

I'm pretty sure his lawyers are the only people with reliable pay checks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

I'm pretty sure his lawyers are the only people with reliable pay checks.

Hard to stiff people that can actually fight back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

psydude posted:

Hard to stiff people that can actually fight back.

I think the second you transition from being employed by, to being on the business end of the Trump legal team, your capacity to "fight" diminishes quite a bit.

It's not like none of Trump's creditors ever tried hiring lawyers.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

They had a good ground game, I live in the district and had 2 separate people canvassing for her come to my door within the past few weeks. It got my interest in the race and reminded me of the date for the special election.

This is how the Dems need to work to win locally.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Richard Bong posted:

So that Philippines thing is pretty crazy.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/v3rnf

Is this really some ISIS offshoot or are people just sick of state sanctioned murder of drug users?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

While I know they have no problem cultivating and selling drugs to fund themselves I doubt Isis would allow drug use any more than the gov.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The guy who helped ram through the abortion of a healthcare bill, known as the AHCA, stepped down as the chairman of the republican moderate caucus (The Tuesday Group) because his feefees were hurt after all of the criticism he received.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

ded posted:

Is this really some ISIS offshoot or are people just sick of state sanctioned murder of drug users?

The way I heard it explained was...

It's a splinter of a splinter of a splinter of a rebel group that had made peace a while back with the Philippine government. Apparently there have been several peace deals and there is always a group of hardliners who splits off and does something like this then runs into the jungles.

The gunman have reportedly allied or pledged some sort of fealty to ISIS.

So basically it's Islamic extremists from a historically Islamic part of the islands that was lumped in during Spain's rule a century ago. So no Arab invasion or something like that.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

psydude posted:

The guy who helped ram through the abortion of a healthcare bill, known as the AHCA, stepped down as the chairman of the republican moderate caucus (The Tuesday Group) because his feefees were hurt after all of the criticism he received.

Heh this was the guy getting torn apart in the video a while back right? My favorite quote of his was something along the lines of "do you know how dangerous a bureaucratwith a little bit of power is? " then the audience laughed at him.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/867218409846710272

quote:

WASHINGTON — President Trump praised President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines in a phone call last month for doing an “unbelievable job on the drug problem” in the island nation where the government has sanctioned gunning down suspects in the streets. Mr. Trump also boasted that the United States has “two nuclear submarines” off the coast of North Korea but said he does not want to use them.

The comments were part of a Philippine transcript of the April 29 call that was circulated on Tuesday, under a “confidential” cover sheet, by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs. In Washington, a senior administration official confirmed that the transcript was an accurate representation of the call between the two iconoclastic leaders. The official was not authorized to publicly discuss the call and confirmed it on the condition of anonymity.

The White House also keeps transcripts of such calls, but they are routinely kept secret. The Philippine rendering of the call offers a rare insight into how Mr. Trump talks to fellow leaders: He sounds much the way he sounds in public, casing issues in largely black-and-white terms, often praising authoritarian leaders, largely unconcerned about human rights violations and genuinely uncertain about the nature of his adversary in North Korea.

Mr. Trump placed the call and began it by congratulating Mr. Duterte for the government-sanctioned attacks on drug suspects. The program has been widely condemned by human rights groups around the world because extrajudicial killings have taken more than 6,000 lives without arrest or trial. In March, the program was criticized in the State Department’s annual human rights report, which referred to “apparent governmental disregard for human rights and due process.”

Mr. Trump had no such reservations. “I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem,” he said. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.”

But Mr. Duterte had another subject he wanted to discuss: North Korea. He told Mr. Trump that “as long as those rockets and warheads are in the hands of Kim Jong-un we will never be safe as there’s not telling what will happen next.”

That led Mr. Trump to inquire whether Mr. Kim, the 33-year-old North Korean leader, is “someone who is stable or not stable.” Mr. Duterte offered up the opinion that Mr. Kim was unstable, noting that he is always seen laughing in pictures of missile and nuclear tests.

Mr. Trump seemed to try to reassure Mr. Duterte. Mr. Kim, he said, “has got the powder, but he doesn’t have the delivery system — all his rockets are crashing.” The president said nothing of the American-led program to sabotage the launches, though in some tests both before and after the call, the North has conducted several successful launches.

“We have a lot of firepower over there,” Mr. Trump noted. “We have two submarines — the best in the world. We have two nuclear submarines, not that we want to use them at all.”

The two men talked about China’s potential influence and Mr. Duterte promised to call President Xi Jinping. Mr. Trump noted that the two men had met at his Florida resort, and he called Mr. Xi “a good guy.”

The transcript was widely circulated on Tuesday, and The Washington Post and The Intercept both published articles based on the same document.

The end of the conversation centered on a first meeting between the two men, perhaps when Mr. Trump is in Manila later this year. But Mr. Trump twice invited Mr. Duterte to “come to the Oval Office.”

“I will love to have you in the Oval Office, anytime you want to come,” Mr. Trump said.

“Take care of yourself, Rodrigo,” he concluded. “God bless you.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Our leader.

Wtf

• Locked thread