Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

I need a citation on this bro.

Wouldn't that be desecration of the dead or at worse graverobbing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

So is the west too christian or not christian enough?? This is very confusing

You can't be too Christian. That's like being too happy.

Snatch Duster posted:

they don't take anything or ruin stuff. they just throw water around, hold hands, and chant prayers.

at worst it is trespassing.

Sounds haram.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
whats a dead gorilla got to do with this

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

they don't take anything or ruin stuff. they just throw water around, hold hands, and chant prayers.

at worst it is trespassing.

loving unreal. As a 'white', white people are very strange.

Thank you.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Agag posted:

You can't be too Christian. That's like being too happy.

Both of these are def possible

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

well here's the thing, China is on track to take over the world

Have you read the GBS China thread?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i mean say what you will about jihad or mormonism, at least they keep people busy and are a way of organizing society. a lot of westerners today are underemployed and fritting away their time on the dole or through playing video games.

but in radical islam? it's all jihad all the time.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

Obviously, people have perverted Jesus's teachings, but at the core of western civ is individualism and self-sacrifice.

You're thinking of the kamikaze. That's Shinto.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

the trump tutelage posted:

whats a dead gorilla got to do with this

He died for our sins.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
For baptisms for the dead all you need is a name though? I have no idea what SD is talking about. Like it's done in a temple in a baptismal font not in the forest with a spray bottle of holy water

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS: Girl Boss Sentral > whats a dead gorilla got to do with this

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

For baptisms for the dead all you need is a name though? I have no idea what SD is talking about. Like it's done in a temple in a baptismal font not in the forest with a spray bottle of holy water

We do not make our burial sites with names all the time.....

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this thread has turned into the opening scene of snatch where frankie four fingers and his goons are disguised as jews debating religion before the knock over the diamond store

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
why is everyone so angry I just don't get it

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Psycho Society posted:

Maybe it's like Pokemon Go for mormons.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Harald posted:

why is everyone so angry I just don't get it

A bunch of innocent people were blown up by a terrorist yesterday.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

de_dust posted:

But what if I want to visit family in Hungary and Finland.

You don't really miss your family, and we have authentic pickled herring butthole here if you look hard enough.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol gently caress mormons, I remember prop 8.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Nerses IV posted:

Maybe it's like Pokemon Go for mormons.

No that's the mormon pilgrimage.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

No that's the mormon pilgrimage.

Will the weird mormon poo poo never loving cease

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
My great great grandfather was a Mormon who came over to the west with Brigham Young. And then my family undid all his work by moving to freakin' jersey

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Agag posted:

A bunch of innocent people were blown up by a terrorist yesterday.

You cant know they were innocent

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Nerses IV posted:

Will the weird mormon poo poo never loving cease

No. I swear that their holy text is a computer algorithm designed to get more ridiculously weird every 10 years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:yikes:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

de_dust posted:

I'm starting to think that a religion started by a desert dwelling caravan raider may not be compatible with modern Western civilization.

Whoa cool it with the anti-Semitism there bub

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
In response to the 9/11 attacks and deaths of 3000 innocent people, America spent 16+ years killing 500,000 at the cost of $2,000,000,000,000.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Luxury Communism posted:

Yeah i was worried when I found out 20 people were dead but I was massively relieved when I found out Ariana Nyan-nyan was okay!

When I saw the vocaloid killing fields...

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ProperCoochie posted:

In response to the 9/11 attacks and deaths of 3000 innocent people, America spent 16+ years killing 500,000 at the cost of $2,000,000,000,000.

And there hasn't been a terrorist attack since so it must be working :smug:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my last bowel movement, in a barnes & noble, should be considered a terrorism

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blue Raider posted:

imagine how china would react if a muslim pulled that poo poo in beijing

hint: it would be dramatic

Why don't they do it t?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

Why don't they do it t?

Unrelated question: how many countries is China currently bombing?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Why don't they do it t?

i think because the chinese muslims took their ackrite when it became clear that it aint poo poo for china to kill a man

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

The Mormons should relocate to Europe, I hear tell the number of people dying there has increased substantially over the last few years for some reason.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

OMG AG a Bomb!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Linda sarsour is such a Babe

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agag posted:

Unrelated question: how many countries is China currently bombing?

Is every state that gets an isis treatment bombing someone?

We should really leave them alone to do their thing. Or give them money. Both.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

Is every state that gets an isis treatment bombing someone?

A lot of them are, now that you mention it. Huh, weird.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/manchester-bombing-birmingham-vigil-man-knife-baseball-bat-a7752251.html

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SilkyP posted:

I remember this episode of 24 I saw where Jack Bauer's team was holding a terrorist in containment and were trying to coax information out of him. The terrorist wasn't budging so the FBI operatives or whatever roll in a television screen and it cuts to live video feed of Jack Bauer in some hut in the middle of the desert and he and a couple marines are holding the entire guys family at gun point.

They then go down the line and summarily execute each member of this guy's family starting with his wife and then the oldest child etc.
I believe they get down to the last child, a young kid. The terrorist is currently sobbing and cursing Jack Bauer and America and what not and then he breaks hard.

Suddenly the background image of the inside of the hut flickers and Jack Bauer reveals that the entire background and executions were all done with CGI and that the family is being safely held at a detention facility or something.

The point I wanted to make is that we should be using CGI to stage executions of terrorists families.

A) What a cop-out bunch of pussies to not have the balls to make that legit instead of CGI
B) Real terrorists wouldn't break over that, if anything, you'd make them even more resistant to tell you anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agag posted:

A lot of them are, now that you mention it. Huh, weird.

They really should be left alone to their own.

• Locked thread