Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I always think of Hyakko when I see the word Hyouka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've tried watching that like three times and I never get past the second episode.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

well i finished xxxholic

it had a few decent episodes (the snowball fight, monkey's paw) but the cheap animation combined with himawari and doumeki barely even counting as characters and 90 percent of watanuki's interactions with others being ~wacky overreactions~ really put a damper on it overall. thoroughly average.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

attn: Dis
(title is on there)

haven't read it yet, just started but it seemed like one you might be interested in

on the one hand, the dreaded southern twang translation style

on the other hand... :mrgw:

also lmao at sticking headphones and a blindfold on a dude who thought you were straight five minutes ago mid coitus

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finished it earlier, it gets a little rough mid-way (drama stuff and one scene that I raised an eyebrow to) but the last two chapters are really cute

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stexils posted:

well i finished xxxholic

it had a few decent episodes (the snowball fight, monkey's paw) but the cheap animation combined with himawari and doumeki barely even counting as characters and 90 percent of watanuki's interactions with others being ~wacky overreactions~ really put a damper on it overall. thoroughly average.
sounds like a clamp show

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'd love an anime about girls training to be hair dressers.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Lmao he's using the other guy's breastform as a stressball

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

I finished it earlier, it gets a little rough mid-way (drama stuff and one scene that I raised an eyebrow to) but the last two chapters are really cute

It really really liked it! Dug the angst too. Which part didn't you like? The scene at the club maybe?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

It really really liked it! Dug the angst too. Which part didn't you like? The scene at the club maybe?

yeah I wasn't sure how far along you were but thought it was kinda violent, I mean ripping a guy's tits off like that how rude

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

yeah I wasn't sure how far along you were but thought it was kinda violent, I mean ripping a guy's tits off like that how rude

:stare:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
ah the chat thread has reached the gay guro exchange phase

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

im dryzen

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hmm, you might think so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm the 26 year old obese man that died at an ariana grande concert

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dryzen posted:

im dryzen

Hi Dryzen, I'm Gorf

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

honestly i only realized he tore his dress when he said so afterward and i didn't go back to the page to look at it

also it's funny that the author says she's embarassed by the cover 'cuz it's definitely the best one she's drawn (also uh, those garters g'drat)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Hi Dryzen, I'm Gorf

greetings

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

A classic

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The first volume of Dungeon Meshi that I forgot I ordered arrived today, along with Girls' Last Tour.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/867207216717152256

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

There are no scans or translations of Haniwa's newer books. Im sad

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

El Burbo posted:

There are no scans or translations of Haniwa's newer books. Im sad

I'm sad about that, because I just spent all day reading what was translated.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

she's fuckin badass

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I watched the first episode of Sakura Quest. It was really cute and the main character's hair reminds me of Ochako. It also made me think about the job interview I have tomorrow. Hope it goes well

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Good luck on your interview DP!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Julias posted:

Good luck on your interview DP!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Dangerous Person posted:

I watched the first episode of Sakura Quest. It was really cute and the main character's hair reminds me of Ochako. It also made me think about the job interview I have tomorrow. Hope it goes well

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
but where's Brian

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I love anime and i don't even CARE who knows!!!!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Thank you my anime goons

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So how male dominated is the Japanese animation and/or manga industry? I'm curious as it came up when I was having a conversation about the harem genre with a normie. Have there been studies on how safe for women to work animation studios are or expectations for female mangaka?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've never seen any in-depth articles on the topic but it sounds like it's gotten a lot better in the past decade or so, at least in terms of letting women have a bigger role in creating shows with a few of the really prominent, and really inspiring and talented directors i can think of in the last few years being women

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Where's the EDF mod that lets me play as Yukine Chris.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
four yukine chrises flying through the air shooting giant ants while yelling ZENBU ZENBU ZENBU ZENBU repeatedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Where's the EDF mod that lets me play as Yukine Chris.

I dream of a Symphogear musou or brawler or character action game or something being made someday.

Though it will probably be made by Tamsoft and a finger on the monkey's paw closes.

• Locked thread