Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Great game last night. If only there was some way to immortalize Corey Perry's feelings on the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Martytoof posted:

Great game last night. If only there was some way to immortalize Corey Perry's feelings on the matter.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Duke Chin posted:

Hang on, wait, did you see the same lehtonen & niemi I did this past 1, wait, 2, wait 3 seasons? I mean, I get it I guess what with Miller Time and all but, really?

Not on this page. :smuggo:

The Canucks aren't competing for a good long time. They have cap space for a few years and Markstrom has been designated "the guy" until Thatcher Demko is ready. The Stars just threw a ton of money at Bishop and they need to move one of their existing boat anchors, it's a near perfect situation for someone to pry an asset out of them.

I just hope it's Vancouver.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

hifi posted:

dylan strome has like the worst hair in the world and he put up 7 points in the ohl playoffs to set a record.

my man looks like a more white trash version of chad kroeger

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
how dead is Johanason?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Levitate posted:

how dead is Johanason?

Emergency surgery, he's definitely out until at least the beginning of next season.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Jordan7hm posted:

I want to do a vegas draft thing but the protection list only comes out a day or two before he draft.

There is a plan in place :ssh:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

You're reviving the #nhl IRC channel?

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 23, 2017

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hand Knit posted:

Yesssss

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pfft no one uses IRC anymore, it's either slack or discord.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I just went through the Capfriendly protection / expansion draft thing and looking at rosters I'm thinking Vegas ends up with a pretty decent d-corp and goalies and pretty bad forwards.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

I just went through the Capfriendly protection / expansion draft thing and looking at rosters I'm thinking Vegas ends up with a pretty decent d-corp and goalies and pretty bad forwards.

The most interesting thing about them is their goaltending will be pretty good. They're still gonna be real bad though. I'd say worst in the league but Colorado still exists and didn't fire Bednar.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Ginette Reno posted:

The most interesting thing about them is their goaltending will be pretty good. They're still gonna be real bad though. I'd say worst in the league but Colorado still exists and didn't fire Bednar.

I dunno, LV might be able to trap their way to a respectable-for-expansion record.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Thufir posted:

It'll be interesting. There are some decent forwards they can take but no real stars (obviously). It'll be fun to see what Free Agents they can convince to sign with them over the summer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I would say a bunch hinges on what they do in free agency and how often they get bribed to take players or not take them (depending on the situation).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vegas offense should be alright if they continue their plan of signing the Russian National Tine

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

anybody post this yet???????????

you mean this picture?

yeah

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

god that makes me happier than it should

gently caress perry cory

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Gio posted:

you mean this picture?

yeah

Which one?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm imagining that's HK's head on his desk when he checks this thread in a bit.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Which one?

oh sorry upload error

this one:

e: kidding!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
wrong thread

coreyperry.jpg

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 24, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HWB_9UXluM

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

:rip: Gio, you flew too close to the Sun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

:rip: Gio, you flew too close to the Sun.

Like a duck without hair feathers.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Their D and goaltending should be ok and they might be able to pull some scoring out of free agency or trades. That Russian guy might end up being good. They're probably going to be the best team expansion team ever. I think he only way they finish right st the bottom is if they intentionally tank (which they honestly maybe should).

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I'm imagining that's HK's head on his desk when he checks this thread in a bit.

I presumed that was his default position and browses on a tablet now

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/867201252127645696

So much for Dubas being the successor to Lou in Toronto.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilza posted:

That would be quite the philosophy switch from Sakic

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Kilza posted:

:stare:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Lou is never going to die

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I swear I will go to Yorkville tomorrow and push Lou in front of a bus

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The one thing that stands in the way of Toronto being better than Montreal for the next 10 years is if Dubas leaves before he can lock up the core and jettison the overvalued players. Please Avs.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

Isn't one dumbass enough?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Isn't one dumbass enough?

Patrick Roy stepped down

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Koopa Kid posted:

Lou won't be felled by simple tricks

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Koopa Kid posted:

The bus will swerve, avoid hitting Lou and run smack into Matthews.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Hopefully Dubas is just using this as an opportunity to see how much of a raise he can get and to get Shanny to commit.

I figure he gives it this year to see if Lou actually leaves, but he's either GM or gone by this time next year.

Edit: also, don't you basically have to give permission? You don't want to be known as an org that holds people back if you want to hire smart, ambitious people.

pseudodragon fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 24, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

Edit: also, don't you basically have to give permission? You don't want to be known as an org that holds people back if you want to hire smart, ambitious people.

It absolutely happens. A couple of years ago some team (Boston?) asked the Rangers for permission to speak to Jeff Gorton and it was denied because the org saw him as Sather's successor.

That said, I would've expected the same sort of thing for Botterill and Dubas but who knows.

grack fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

The one thing that stands in the way of Toronto being better than Montreal for the next 10 years is if Dubas leaves before he can lock up the core and jettison the overvalued players. Please Avs.

Then again, Bergevin is still around and employed.... :suicide:

• Locked thread