Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

This month's PUBG update will include not only the VSS, but a dirt bike. :getin:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/866621003350265857

I loving knew the ACOG was poo poo. It's getting fix though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Next they need to figure out how zeroing works for the ACOG

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

well now i at least know where to loving aim using the ACOG.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just hate how inconsistent games are when it comes to point of aim for ACOGs.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Blood Dragon was cool but the neon effects on everything gave me a headache pretty quickly :(

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

If you set the zero to 300m the ACOG more or less works how it's designed with the assault rifles. It's hosed with the SKS and sniper rifles though

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The acog is probably the worst optic to have in a video game. Every game uses a different point of aim with it, in games without bullet drop it needlessly clutters the screen with the BDC and games with bullet drop never use the BDC correctly. Just use a red dot with a 4x magnifier.

FPS games always gently caress up iron sights as well.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I want to focus on the front sight post like some sort of idiot

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

Yeah I want to focus on the front sight post like some sort of idiot

I imagine game devs going to a shooting range and just holding a M16 out in front of them and using the peep sight with one eye closed. Because that's the only way possible they could come up with iron sights that involve a huge rear sight taking up the entire screen with a tiny hole with a front post in the middle of it

PookBear fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 23, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
uh just spam grenades and any RPG-7s or underbarrel grenade launchers you have

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I imagine the devs make decisions like that based on someone telling them third hand how to aim a weapon

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'd like to believe that any company that gives two shits about making a good product would put in the time, effort, and money to accurately reproduce the things they're representing, but clearly that's not often the case, and I'd be amazed if any game devs ever went to a range on their own time unless they were already into shooting. The weird thing is that a lot of engineering-type folks I've known have been very interested in firearms, even if they don't ever go shoot. The guys I've lived with will sometimes just sit and watch as I clean guns and ask lots of questions: how does this thingie work, how far out is that cartridge accurate, why is this one different from that other one, etc. They soak it up like a sponge, because they love learning, but they still need the opportunity to access that new information.

I guess this gripe applies to a lot of things, like movies, too. At least care enough to do your homework or hire somebody who already knows what's up. :sigh:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I rebought Medal of Honor: Airborne so that I could have a solid WWII first person shooter in my Steam library, and I remembered it pretty fondly.

My memories were mostly pretty correct! It's pretty good. I completely forgot about or blocked out the goddamn Nijmegen rocket bridge, though. The person who thought putting seven long-range splash damage instant kill enemies on an open highway bridge was a good idea better have been goddamn fired.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Shockules posted:

The patch also includes air control for the bikes so you can do some sweet tricks try to recover after hitting a non-existent jump.

Edit:

Reverand maynard posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 24, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Airborne was really fun, and i liked the drop sequence when you respawn

being able to land wherever and do the missions how you want to really struck me as fun too.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

I rebought Medal of Honor: Airborne so that I could have a solid WWII first person shooter in my Steam library, and I remembered it pretty fondly.

My memories were mostly pretty correct! It's pretty good. I completely forgot about or blocked out the goddamn Nijmegen rocket bridge, though. The person who thought putting seven long-range splash damage instant kill enemies on an open highway bridge was a good idea better have been goddamn fired.

On the other hand, parachuting onto the top of a flack tower and then fighting your way down to the base was cool enough to justify literally every other bad choice the game designers made.

I'm afraid to replay it out of fear it won't meet the high expectations of my memory.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Arc Light posted:

On the other hand, parachuting onto the top of a flack tower and then fighting your way down to the base was cool enough to justify literally every other bad choice the game designers made.

I'm afraid to replay it out of fear it won't meet the high expectations of my memory.

The only problem I ran into playing it recently was the super wonky stance and lean system they put into place

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd be down for another Brothers In Arms game. Full Spectrum Warrior too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Arc Light posted:

its worth playing or grabbing for <$5

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

Cool now I got an excuse

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

cowboy elvis posted:

This but Freedom Fighters.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Rising Storm 2 is coming out soon if you want to win big in vietnam die to a toe popper mine.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

cowboy elvis posted:

I had completely forgotten about Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway for 360, that game was fun as hell

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Mustang posted:

I had completely forgotten about Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway for 360, that game was fun as hell

Didn't the Brothers in Arms games get progressively more depressing? By the last game, basically everyone your character cared about died while you watched helplessly.

Top notch gaming, btw.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV98mwUdBA8

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I am so glad you have that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Liquid-cooled router?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:pcgaming:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I love war for the overworld some times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMS-tQxTFdY

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I just got PUBG and its ok so far

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7GOFV6AAMk&t=156s

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 25, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Did I miss something or are we not talking about the new Far Cry premise lol

Amazing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so red state: the video game

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Two Finger, your drivatar in Forza is a monster. I've got it set to the second lowest difficulty, and it's still been kicking my rear end.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Did I miss something or are we not talking about the new Far Cry premise lol

Amazing

Ubisoft game so it's going to suck regardless

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A Bad Poster posted:

Two Finger, your drivatar in Forza is a monster. I've got it set to the second lowest difficulty, and it's still been kicking my rear end.

That's because I'm the man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woof Blitzer posted:

Ubisoft game so it's going to suck regardless

Collectathons suck but i am ready to go HAM on some loony fundie christian nutjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

PUBG was fun with other gippers, i neex to find out how to feen music directly into the sound channel so i can play regetton on it.