Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mich posted:

Playing into bewbies stereotypes, just saw this trade offer on the Preds ticket buy/sell fb group... :crossarms:

Not real guns. 4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

mich posted:

Playing into bewbies stereotypes, just saw this trade offer on the Preds ticket buy/sell fb group... :crossarms:

unlike in St. Louis, these weapons probably won't be used for murder

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

bizarre deformity posted:

I hope the Sens win tonight and force game 7 so whoever wins the series only has a short break before the finals :twisted:

Seven! Seven games! Ah ah ah!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Nice home ice ref advantage

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I know the Pens won a Game 7 last year in Pittsburgh, but that poo poo doesn't happen very often and I bet we get Halaked by Anderson Thursday.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Gonna order some Preds gear tonight so I have something to wear for the finals.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Gonna order some Preds gear tonight so I have something to wear for the finals.

I was gonna get an Arvidsson jersey but I can't find any.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Boy something happened in the third period there and the Penguins turned bad. I didn't care for it.

I'm also just all-around tired of playoff officiating. Why are the rules different in the playoffs from the regular season? Why did they call interference on Ron Hainsey when they literally never call that (even in the regular season)? Why was Daley's goal even called a goal that needed a coach's challenge to overturn? (I'm not saying the Penguins lost because of officiating.)

Why are the Sportsnet announcers so bad? They make Paul Steigerwald seem impartial.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

The penguins are good enough to win game 7, and thus I believe they will.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

myron cope posted:

I'm also just all-around tired of playoff officiating.

Even by the standard of playoff officiating, what we saw tonight should get somebody at least yelled at and denied SCF games.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

myron cope posted:

Boy something happened in the third period there and the Penguins turned bad. I didn't care for it.

I'm also just all-around tired of playoff officiating. Why are the rules different in the playoffs from the regular season? Why did they call interference on Ron Hainsey when they literally never call that (even in the regular season)? Why was Daley's goal even called a goal that needed a coach's challenge to overturn? (I'm not saying the Penguins lost because of officiating.)

Why are the Sportsnet announcers so bad? They make Paul Steigerwald seem impartial.

Not even why are they different in the playoffs, but why are they different game to game? There was a ton of uncalled poo poo tonight, and the Hainsey interference hasn't been called all playoffs.

Chris Rooney is Peel level terrible, so it's not a shock. And Sutherland is just the worst kind of "let them play in the playoffs". They make a very bad pair.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I expect to bet the Sens to win game 7 because I'll probably get something stupid like +140 when really the game is pretty much a tossup

The Sens aren't very good, but there's just only so much a team can do with such bad defensemen

The Preds are going to win the Cup, and I'm cool with that

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I think it would be great if the Hainsey interference call was made every time it happened, regular season or playoffs.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Missed the game, but sounds like the Pens played alright and just pulled a Ducks/Caps/Jackets/uhhh anyone else who shoots a ton of shots but doesn't score this playoffs.

I'd say pretty good odds we win game 7 because we're ridiculous at home but if not it's been a good run and I'm okay with Pernell Subban winning the Cup.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Yeah that was basically a game where both teams executed their plan and the boring team got the low score 1 goal win. I figured there was a chance of that but very similar looking game could have had 4 more Pens goals. Sucks to have to play a 7th but I'm not that upset by this kind of loss

Hopefully, please let me sleep tonight stupid fan brain

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Just lol if you think the pens have had a disadvantage due to officiating in this series.

There have been tons of bad missed calls on both sides and it's frustrating for everyone to see poo poo get called or not seemingly at random, but have you watched these games?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think it would be great if the Hainsey interference call was made every time it happened, regular season or playoffs.

Same. But let's at least have consistency

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Moxie posted:

Yeah that was basically a game where both teams executed their plan and the boring team got the low score 1 goal win. I figured there was a chance of that but very similar looking game could have had 4 more Pens goals. Sucks to have to play a 7th but I'm not that upset by this kind of loss

Hopefully, please let me sleep tonight stupid fan brain

That game was a lot of things but it wasn't boring.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Agreed, except instead of making the call, not having to make the call because the official got out of the way of the play in time.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
The Penguins will still win the Stanley Cup as they are still the best team remaining.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Math You posted:

Just lol if you think the pens have had a disadvantage due to officiating in this series.

There have been tons of bad missed calls on both sides and it's frustrating for everyone to see poo poo get called or not seemingly at random, but have you watched these games?

Yeah, but the refs essentially handed the Sens the game tonight. Good teams overcome bad calls, so if they don't win 7 they they didn't deserve it. That doesn't make tonight any less b.s. tho

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Roasted Donut posted:

The Penguins will still win the Stanley Cup as they are still the best team remaining.
Would they be the only team to win back to back championships on their 25th and 50th anniversary years?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Nice home ice ref advantage

I'm pretty sure that's not how refs work

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

It hasn't been brought up yet, but the Sens are 0-5 in Game 7 in franchise history. So, much like the last round with the Caps and their struggles against the Pens, the Pens should be the team favored to win Game 7 unless the Sens can finally prove they have what it takes to win a Game 7.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
somewhere, Jeff Friesen stirs

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Kilza posted:

It hasn't been brought up yet, but the Sens are 0-5 in Game 7 in franchise history. So, much like the last round with the Caps and their struggles against the Pens, the Pens should be the team favored to win Game 7 unless the Sens can finally prove they have what it takes to win a Game 7.

The Penguins are 0-something at home in game 7s after losing game 6 while away

One useless stat will be defeated ONLY ON THURSDAY NIGHT HOCKEY

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

somewhere, Jeff Friesen stirs

Patrick Lalime is still on all fours

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Godinster posted:

The Penguins are 0-something at home in game 7s after losing game 6 while away

One useless stat will be defeated ONLY ON THURSDAY NIGHT HOCKEY

The Pens are pretty bad historically at home in game 7. Lost to Tampa, the Rangers, Montreal and that's just recently.

Of course Sully said gently caress that and they beat Tampa at home last year for a rare home game 7 win so I dunno

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

They were anointed that year.

After tonight It wouldn't be right to offer the refs my "Rules of Ice Hockey" coloring book. Apparently half the pages are of a referee shrugging in confusion.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/867238298569383936

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Death to Ottawa

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

*looks up his age*

Yeah that checks out. Carry on.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

Patrick Lalime is still on all fours

somewhere is a bar in Moose Jaw

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Fun thought - after somehow making the playoffs in the first place, Ottawa is one game away from not only being in the playoffs but having home ice advantage. In the Stanley loving Cup Finals

I don't think they'd beat the Predators but what a hell of a Cinderella run so far. I hope they can keep boring everyone into a Stanley Cup Final

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Ginette Reno posted:

The Pens are pretty bad historically at home in game 7. Lost to Tampa, the Rangers, Montreal and that's just recently.

Of course Sully said gently caress that and they beat Tampa at home last year for a rare home game 7 win so I dunno
That's true, but they're 0-7 in game 7 following a game 6 loss. Meanwhile the Sens are 0-5 in Game 7.

So both teams are pretty bad in the upcoming situation and some team, hopefully the Pens, gets to change their history.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

real_scud posted:

That's true, but they're 0-7 in game 7 following a game 6 loss. Meanwhile the Sens are 0-5 in Game 7.

So both teams are pretty bad in the upcoming situation and some team, hopefully the Pens, gets to change their history.

Or maybe a meteor will crash into the arena, killing both teams and thus ensuring that both teams remain 0 for in their respective records. :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

real_scud posted:

That's true, but they're 0-7 in game 7 following a game 6 loss.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
So Ottawa didn't sell out an ECF game? Fuckin lolsouth Ontario teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

You really have to hand it to Craig Anderson particularly after the kind of year he's had. To maintain that level of focus and make this far and be performing at this level....man just so much respect.

• Locked thread