Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Not your father's Sarkazmobile.

Sir Lucius posted:

I have less than a month left. Still had to do a midterm. Put down "get a dog" as one of my goals.

Had about a dozen or so people in the TGPS class I was teaching this week list that as a goal as well. Dogges are goal worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God drat one of my buddies asked me what branch of service the dude served in and i guessed Navy offhand with no foreknowledge of whether i was right ot not. :aaaaa:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Sarkazm posted:

Had about a dozen or so people in the TGPS class I was teaching this week list that as a goal as well. Dogges are goal worthy.

Just got a doggo. The above is a true statement.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Speaking of doggos, I was looking into a charity called puppies behind bars. It's a program where inmates train service dogs, sounded pretty neat.

Sarkazm
Sep 26, 2008

Not your father's Sarkazmobile.

Sir Lucius posted:

Speaking of doggos, I was looking into a charity called puppies behind bars. It's a program where inmates train service dogs, sounded pretty neat.

They do this at the brig in MCAS Miramar. When I was teaching there, inmates would go cruising by with pups on leashes and I would have to just watch whilst in the throes of puppy fever.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

DuffelBlog always too close to factual http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/12/drunk-navy-seabee-liberty/

In other news, y'all should really take a cruise. Being underway and drinking and having a suite is awesome. My husbear and I are taking our belated honeymoon from Venice to Athens with stops in between and it has been fantastic.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
A cruise has been on my list for a while, but finding people who have both the free time and the money for it is a pain. Everybody either works to much to get the time off, or are broke with all the time in the world.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Guys, as I sit at a Kyoto coffee shop, I can't help but think sometimes the Navy is okay... Reserves though, its key to find a forward supporting unit

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Boon posted:

Guys, as I sit at a Kyoto coffee shop, I can't help but think sometimes the Navy is okay... Reserves though, its key to find a forward supporting unit

You got AT in Japan? Nice.

My new unit may fill some support in Korea. Never been so might be nice for ADT.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Boon posted:

I am sitting in Ogi-shi at a high school soccer field for my son's soccer tournament. He plays on a local Japanese club team. I have learned a poo poo ton more Japanese in the last year than anytime else I've spent in Japan because we are the only foreigners at any of his matches.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
I just want orders back to cvw5, or kbay.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I had been to Japan before, but this experience and knowing that I'll be back within a year has left me really wanting to learn Japanese. I mean, just look at this:

Goddamn Japan, you're beautiful.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Dropping an IRR chit continues to be a good move based on the quota for selres FCCs...1.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
AD CTN1 went to 8%. I know a few salty CTN2s. Thats some excellent community management, community managers!

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

PneumonicBook posted:

Dropping an IRR chit continues to be a good move based on the quota for selres FCCs...1.
How salty is my chain gonna be if I do this like the day my 2-year mob deferment ends?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

AD CTN1 went to 8%. I know a few salty CTN2s. Thats some excellent community management, community managers!

I'm doing my part, and getting he gently caress out.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Gray Matter posted:

How salty is my chain gonna be if I do this like the day my 2-year mob deferment ends?

Depends on your coc, I'd bring it up early so they're aware of your intentions.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lol didn't make e5. Gonna assume it was radio questions that killed me but I don't doubt my NOSC may have just flushed my paperwork.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hooray, I made first. Rip my work hours now that I'll get to enjoy cpo365. :woop:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Grats on 1st. 365 is a crap program, but at least you get more money.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm on the third week of a field exercise with my seabee battalion. This is the kind of stupidity you can't make up

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

maffew buildings posted:

I'm on the third week of a field exercise with my seabee battalion. This is the kind of stupidity you can't make up

Now my imagination is making poo poo up. Thanks. Share so I can see how far off I am.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thronde posted:

Hooray, I made first. Rip my work hours now that I'll get to enjoy cpo365. :woop:

Enjoy wasting 2 hours every other day at CPO 365 and having to do more work as well, leading to you going home at 7pm or later most days even on shore duty.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

Enjoy wasting 2 hours every other day at CPO 365 and having to do more work as well, leading to you going home at 7pm or later most days even on shore duty.

Perk of not being fleet, and being at a CRS HVA unit: We don't do that poo poo.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Thronde posted:

Perk of not being fleet, and being at a CRS HVA unit: We don't do that poo poo.

Oh man are you at CRS1? That place has had so many goons pass through it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

seabees sound like all the fun of garrison army with a navy uniform on

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Woo, got my disability rating where it needs to be, along with a 5k backpay. Thanks, Navy!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Meanwhile my appeal is in year 4.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Commoners posted:

Oh man are you at CRS1? That place has had so many goons pass through it.

CRS10 out of Mayport I should add.

Thronde fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 24, 2017

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Meanwhile my appeal is in year 4.

That's nuts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vulturesrow posted:

That's nuts.

nah this one is for my knee.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Mr. Nice! posted:

nah this one is for my knee.

Well I thought I pulled off a good joke. drat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vulturesrow posted:

Well I thought I pulled off a good joke. drat.

I laughed. You did good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Got notified I made IT2 after all. Checked my sheet and yup got like a 96.

My average for radio side questions was like 15%. lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Isn't IT promotion auto until like e-6

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

You needed a 60 to advance, pma was 48 and got a 48 so yeah I'm dumb but not retarded.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Some kid who was a BMSN cross rated into CTN and knocked out a 76 on the second class exam.

How did he screw up badly enough to be a BM in the first place?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

BM is a real manly tough guy rate. That's how I saw it sold to weenies.

(For the record it certainly can be)

(Please don't stuff me in a paint locker)

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

I laughed. You did good.

My claim sat in limbo for about 2 years before I moved out here to Colorado and refiled it through a local office. I realize that might not be an easy or even feasible option, but they did date my backpay back to my original claim that I filed in New Orleans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

My claim sat in limbo for about 2 years before I moved out here to Colorado and refiled it through a local office. I realize that might not be an easy or even feasible option, but they did date my backpay back to my original claim that I filed in New Orleans.

Oh no it's progressed in a few places. Right now a big part of it is the MRI I'm getting in two weeks.