Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Murder-suicide by FBI has got my money.

Then Paige walks in and shoots Stan :ussr:

I would unironically love if Paige has been such a deep cover agent that she's been faking her emotions to her parents, just like Gabriel told her to, and she'd been reporting on them the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
philip and elizabeth die on the way back to their home planet leaving henry and paige to spy against each other

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No, Henry. YOU are the Americans.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Henry is the reincarnation of Lenin. He is seduced by Saturday morning cartoons and Commodore 64s. Somewhere, Stalin bristles.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The tragic thing is that when this show finally gets to 11/9/89 and everything that follows it, I'm sure Paige is going to be looking at the television with tears of joy in her eyes, thinking she'll be SPARED a life of being a spy, only to be contacted by the new, harsher, less-caring FSK, followed by the FSB. That was Hannsen's big gripe - when the Soviet Union fell, his relationship with the Russians evidently became less cordial and more 'businesslike.'

Wouldn't a smart business realize a little chit chat / flattery would be cheaper than just handing over a big bag of cash? It's my understanding Hansen wanted to feel like a genius super-spy: why not indulge him?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

maskenfreiheit posted:

Wouldn't a smart business realize a little chit chat / flattery would be cheaper than just handing over a big bag of cash? It's my understanding Hansen wanted to feel like a genius super-spy: why not indulge him?

Because the more you indulge an asset, the more valuable and ~speshul~ they think they are, and the more dangerous they become to your end of things. You want them to keep producing actionable intelligence, but you don't want them knowing their true value. A double agent is one decent slight away from becoming a triple agent.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The fact that our agencies just threw money around so brazenly in the 80s is a big part of why things are so hosed now. Terry O'Quinn's character in Patriot even jokes about it, "We can't just send another bag of money, this isn't the 80s"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

that practice didnt exactly stop in the 80s

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If they need more money, they should just sell crack in the inner cities.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

That reminded me that right around now the us is secretly selling arms to Iran to fund the contras.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

phosdex posted:

That reminded me that right around now the us is secretly selling arms to Iran to fund the contras.

It won't be a secret that much longer, we may get to see Ollie North on TV next season!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Accretionist posted:

If they need more money, they should just sell crack in the inner cities.

That FX show starts in July.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
World Council of Churches namedrop

And just like that Paige has lost faith in God, her family, and humanity in general

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh Liz...

No nice mom/daughter talk about not needing to give up what you believe. Just a very business "You need to keep your cover".

Edit: "SURPRISE, HENRY! WE'RE STAYING IN RUSSIA!"

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 24, 2017

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Don't tell Henry until it is literally impossible for him to protest

You don't get to ask those kinds of questions Oleg

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 24, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Poor pasha, getting worked over by forces way beyond his his control :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yep, saw Pasha getting his rear end kicked from a mile away and it's no less hosed up Elizabeth/Tuan had a hand in it than when it first dawned on me.

Henry trying way too hard to be polite. :allears:

e- And now Paige is realizing not only is her life a sham, but even her name, too.

I had to look up Oleg's dad to figure out where the hell I recognized him from: The Hunt For Red October.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 24, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Did we know Phillip has a brother?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Phillip trying to poke holes Elizabeth's plan but she is still starry eyed about going back home no matter what

Jesus gently caress Tuan :stare:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tuan you sick gently caress :stonk:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What the gently caress dude you're a sadist

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

paige is gonna hang herself with the punching bag rope

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Jesus christ

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

TUAN. :stonk:

This all rolls back to Liz talking earlier about how she'd handle it if one of her kids got beat up.

HOLY CHRIST HE'S JUST GOING TO LET IT HAPPEN. :dogbutton:

e- Then they go into happy family mode having made the surveillance and Tuan's sick :smug: grin.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Pasha gonna die

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

howe_sam posted:

Tuan you sick gently caress :stonk:

Seriously. Phil gave Elizabeth a sideways look when Tuan was telling them his plan "you said I had to do something". He was blaming her all the way for leading Tuan into this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The operation's already blown - even if Pasha lives, there's almost a 100% chance he tells his parents that Tuan put him up to doing it.

And yeah, this is foreshadowing. Paige already knows something is up.

My guess is Pasha goes raw, and goes for his throat instead of his wrists, simply because we've been kind of low on ~shock value~ this season.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 24, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tomapot posted:

Seriously. Phil gave Elizabeth a sideways look when Tuan was telling them his plan "you said I had to do something". He was blaming her all the way for leading Tuan into this.

She sided with Tuan, too, at least initially.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

She sided with Tuan, too, at least initially.

Because Tuan acts the way she *wishes* Paige would act. Loyal, dedicated, zealot-like, and ~too eager to please~.

And now she's going to find out what happens when that goes too far.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Because Tuan acts the way she *wishes* Paige would act. Loyal, dedicated, zealot-like, and ~too eager to please~.

And now she's going to find out what happens when that goes too far.

Yep. And she'll be repulsed, but justify it out of the undying loyalty to :ussr:.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tuan you are hardcore as gently caress

I would 100% watch a spinoff series starring Oleg learning about how lovely Russia is. Set it to sad soviet music. The chat he had with his dad was pure :3:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God drat, Tuan :stare:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Holy poo poo, Tuan

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Set it to sad soviet music.

Or sad violin!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Holy poo poo, Tuan

Or sad violin!

No.

Vladimir Vysotsky. His singing about a sunny spring day would tear your loving heart out.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Tuan was so intense that I forgot about Stan's asset

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
loving Tuan.

Even if was a good plan—and I’m not saying it was—you’ve got to run it by your comrades.

:commissar:

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would 100% watch a spinoff series starring Oleg learning about how lovely Russia is. Set it to sad soviet music. The chat he had with his dad was pure :3:

Oleg is gonna end up same as Nina I think.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

phosdex posted:

The worst that'd ever happen to Oleg is relocation to a closed city, never to be seen again...outside of the closed city.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Yeah or that. I was thinking previously they were going to have him defect.

Also lmao at that shakedown on Stan and adderholt.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

phosdex posted:

Hey mom, what were the camps like? :ohdear:

• Locked thread