Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Two wins!

code:
1522123 araganzar the Rhythm of Life and Death (level 27, 223/223 HPs)
             Began as a Human Wanderer on Apr 20, 2017.
             Was a Follower of Uskayaw.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on May 19, 2017!

araganzar the Rhythm of Life and Death (HuWn)     Turns: 105961, Time: 08:59:49

Health: 223/223    AC: 36    Str: 39    XL:     27
Magic:  25/36      EV: 32    Int: 13    God:    Uskayaw [*.....]
Gold:   3486       SH: 23    Dex: 25    Spells: 16 memorised, 2 levels left

a - the +8 autumn katana (weapon) {slice, Clar}
   (You found it on level 11 of the Dungeon)   
The Autumn Katana is just really good. 14 damage, 0.6 delay.

code:
1816406 araganzar the Slayer (level 27, 404/435 HPs)
             Began as a Purple Draconian Berserker on May 20, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Trog.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on May 22, 2017!

The game lasted 04:09:07 (69047 turns).

araganzar the Slayer (Purple Draconian Berserker)  Turns: 69047, Time: 04:09:08

Health: 404/435    AC: 23    Str: 40    XL:     27
Magic:  35/38      EV: 39    Int: 11    God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   2529       SH: 21    Dex: 28    Spells: 0 memorised, 27 levels left

a - the +8 broad axe of Autumn (weapon) {elec, rN+ MR+ Str+4 Int-2}
   (Trog gifted it to you on level 11 of the Dungeon)   
9981 | D:12 | tabstorm: wowie
9996 | D:12 | tabstorm: good axe
10201 | D:12 | tabstorm: when the weapon question is resolved on D:12

Going to try to win all dragonmans colors. This guy was purple, which seems a pretty worthless color. I used the breath a few times to kill haste, but I don't know why it would be OP if it just cast Yara's. As it stands it's arguably a waste of a turn just about any time you use it.

Not sure what the best strategy is with Dr - the lack of body armor lets you hybrid and dodge easily but the big hits can be brutal. I would think casters would be best, I may also try a Yred run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Casters are by far the best for Dr. They have beefy defenses without any body armor, which means you get to enjoy no encumbrance whatsoever while still being tankier than other casters.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Purple dracs get really good magic aptitudes btw. Thats the point. Their breath sucks tho yea

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ VM is a terrible start in 0.19. You get sting then a level 3 3-school spell, then 2 level 4 spells one of which is terrible and uses transmutations.

Also, I am on D7 now and I have fully explored D1-D6 and there have been ZERO altars.

Has that ever happened to anyone? Have the gods gone home?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Darth Windu posted:

Purple dracs get really good magic aptitudes btw. Thats the point. Their breath sucks tho yea

Yeah, pretty useful on a DrBe huh?

Got yellow this time, it seems tons better. Nothing is as good as red of course...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Purple draconians get increased MR and a boost to the evocations apt, both of which still help a berserker. The dispelling breath can also be useful if you remember to take advantage of its buff stripping property.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Entropy weavers in lair . Awesome. I love how they nuke aggressive melee dudes .

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

jesus christ

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

jesus christ

Did you just put a leather strap on your arm and start trying to block with it?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

jesus christ

Digging the combination of rCorr and -8. At least your AC won't go (more) negative! :downs:

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
You'd be better of "Wihout" a shield

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When you try to block with it jagged shrapnel flies off and hits you in the face.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Yashichi posted:

You'd be better of "Wihout" a shield

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How do you guys like Barachim these days?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I like the froggies. Currently my only and first online win.

The messing if their los plus slow and leap make them a lot of fun with their cool apts

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hopgoblins

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
they're alright

I've mostly been doing stupid gimmick runs where I play demigod fighter and exclusively raise Str to just get as jacked as possible and dying a lot because I'm super out of practice

also I died on tomb despite being mega stacked and I think tomb 2 specifically needs changes, because you basically need to tele when you go in there and that means you can just get boned by bad teleport RNG

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
1. Tote Up A Bags (Stoats)
2. SAJeffrey
3. ModestlyAwesome
4. Pinechild

My complete inability to get a rune with a primary caster will surely be an asset to this team!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
removal of flight requirements in coc merged :dance:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Two more to go for team Crawl is too easy. Please note not eating the purple is strictly forbidden, as is Zin and Halflings. If you ain't got three arms and are blind, you ain't ascending.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

tote up a bags posted:

Welcome, to team Crawl Is Too Easy. You MAY NOT join this team if you are good at Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup for the windows PC.

I also reserve the right to change the teamname at any time if I think of a funnier one / steal a better one from someone

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
2. SAJeffrey
3. ModestlyAwesome
4. Pinechild
5. LORDOFBUTT

:getin:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

Welcome, to team Crawl Is Too Easy. You MAY NOT join this team if you are good at Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup for the windows PC.

I also reserve the right to change the teamname at any time if I think of a funnier one / steal a better one from someone

code:
#TEAMCAPTAIN Stoats
2. SAJeffrey
3. ModestlyAwesome
4. Pinechild
5. LORDOFBUTT
6. rodrick

What do you consider good? I apparently have a 1% win rate? In as rodrick if you will have me.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

HELL yeah we got our team

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Similarly, A Farewell to Pizza is up, let me know if you're interested. I'll make a strong effort to be paying attention to the discord so if you want me to spectate, ping me on there.

#TEAMCAPTAIN Chakan

1. Chakan
2. Firebatgyro

e: we can change the name if people want, I kinda like deep elf state and some others proposed, I'm not worried about it.

Chakan fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 23, 2017

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I don't think I'll play in the tournament. Someone please use my great team name idea Tolkien's Malign Influence.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

my team: You are now leaving Flavor Town

is accepting members.

e: will wait until I can actually make a team.
I'm up for joining (and probably the other schadenfreude members) if you're still planning on making a team and willing to have us again. Otherwise, I'll probably make a team and steal Deep Elf State as a name because that was way better than any of mine.

Also, here's some more flavor related titles if you are interested:
Diet Stone Soup
Flavor Sold Separately
Waiter You Served Me A Bowl of Water

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Chakan posted:

Similarly, A Farewell to Pizza is up, let me know if you're interested. I'll make a strong effort to be paying attention to the discord so if you want me to spectate, ping me on there.

#TEAMCAPTAIN Chakan

1. Chakan

Sign me up.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

removal of flight requirements in coc merged :dance:

Didn't make it in time for 0.20, though :(

Gotta hold onto your flight sources for at least one more version.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Floodkiller posted:

I'm up for joining (and probably the other schadenfreude members) if you're still planning on making a team and willing to have us again. Otherwise, I'll probably make a team and steal Deep Elf State as a name because that was way better than any of mine.

Diet Stone Soup
Flavor Sold Separately

Yep, I'm up for whichever of the two of you go with a team, same username as here, as always.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Floodkiller posted:

Diet Stone Soup
Flavor Sold Separately

I'll join your team, whatever name you want.

e: also, if someone wants to PM me an updated OP, I'll be happy to edit it. Was hoping there would be a new thread so someone else could do it, but here we are.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 23, 2017

gammafunk
Dec 19, 2015

Floodkiller posted:

Didn't make it in time for 0.20, though :(

Gotta hold onto your flight sources for at least one more version.

No, those commits were cherry-picked into 0.20.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

code:
Deep Elf State

1. Floodkiller
2. jerkstoresup (jerkstore)
3. Wolfechu
4. IronicDongz (Shard1697)
5. Can Of Worms (wormsofcant)

# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller
All are welcome to join, no actual skill or winning necessary. If I don't already know your WebTiles nickname, make sure to include it and add the #TEAMCAPTAIN line to the top of your 0.20 rcfile!

gammafunk posted:

No, those commits were cherry-picked into 0.20.

:yeah:

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 25, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
yeah sure, I got time. can't guarantee a buncha wins because as mentioned earlier I am out of practice.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I tried new Tomb as rune #5 with a moderately beefy HuAE of Ru (+9 scourge, Silence, Dispel Undead as my main tools). W:2 looked like a rough start, so I apocalypsed a pile of death scarabs (and paralyzed a gmummy), teleported, read mapping, and went to the upstairs but didn't need it - just Silence melee was enough to take the remainders a few at a time. The W:1 Hallway was again nothing unusual - Silence melee, draw them back, dispel scarabs, etc. But at the entrance to W:3 I had no real idea what I was doing and got mangled. I was trying to do apocalypse loops (>, go to the upstairs, sometime on the way use an apoc, etc.), but the bennus I dragged up got me. Possibly this approach would have worked with a bit more caution, or perhaps the proper way was the good old fog/treeform then immo/apocalypse once fog clears.

On a side note, one weird thing with this character was using my spells despite being underskilled in Shields for most of the game. Sometimes I'd use wizardry, sometimes not. The problem comes in when getting drained, since I'd lose my already insufficient shields skill as well as the spell skills. When using Apoc or even Draw Power it became very important to check success rates.

https://crawl.jorgrun.rocks/morgue/rchandra/morgue-rchandra-20170523-233528.txt

pre:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20-b1-18-gaa2fd62 (console) character file.

749234 rchandra the Hoplite (level 27, -3/226 HPs)
             Began as a Human Air Elementalist on May 21, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Ru.
             Slain by a bennu (12 damage)
             ... on level 2 of the Tomb of the Ancients on May 23, 2017.
             The game lasted 09:01:41 (110835 turns).

rchandra the Hoplite (Human Air Elementalist)     Turns: 110835, Time: 09:01:41

Health: -3/226     AC: 29    Str:  8 (12) XL:     27
Magic:  36/36      EV: 19    Int: 26      God:    Ru [******]
Gold:   2945       SH: 22    Dex: 19      Spells: 1/64 levels left

rFire    + . .     SeeInvis +   a - +9 sacred scourge (holy) {Mennas}
rCold    + + .     Gourm    .   C - +2 large shield {Louise}
rNeg     + + .     Faith    .   z - +9 ice dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   Y - +0 helmet of Shielding {+Inv MR+ Dex+4 SInv}
rElec    .         Reflect  .   l - scarf {cloud immunity}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   x - +2 pair of gloves {archery}
MR       +++..                  d - +1 pair of boots of the Skies Above {rF+}
Stlth    ..........             X - amulet "Naanniemm" {RegenMP rF+}
Regen    0.5/turn               M - ring of Kuyhiwag {*Slow rPois rF+ rC+ rN++}
MPRegen  0.4/turn               A - ring of Phasing {EV+8}

@: exhausted, sluggish, very slightly contaminated, slowed, very heavily
drained, deflect missiles, very slow
A: low mp 2, robust 1, strong 1, inability to use devices, hated by all,
temperature sensitive
}: 4/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, gossamer
a: Draw Out Power, Power Leap, Apocalypse, Renounce Religion

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Floodkiller posted:

code:
Deep Elf State

1. Floodkiller
3. Wolfechu
5. (?)Can Of Worms (wormsofcant)

All are welcome to join, no actual skill or winning necessary. If I don't already know your WebTiles nickname, make sure to include it and add the #TEAMCAPTAIN line to the top of your 0.20 rcfile!

IronicDongz/Can of Worms: I'll hold spots if either of you want in for another go. Just reply and let me know if you are in/out before the tourney starts.

:yeah:

Throw me in unless SirSamVimes/Haifisch are back for this one, if you have the slots. I'll splat some elfs.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Currently trying a HoFi of Hep. I got cool axes from Acquirement and a Bailey, and now I've found Damnation. Should I bother training Crossbows for this ever, and if so, when?

e: not that it matters, killed by a Rakshasa. I don't remember them being so tough.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

son of e: I think normally I encounter them much later.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 24, 2017

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Funny bitchiness part of my current game on local tiles. I have 14 runes, going for 15, but in all that (Plus 2 Zigs to lvl 20, and probably about 50 pan levels) I have not found a single piece of rCorr gear. Not even on a marginal weapon, or on a bad ring, and obviously not the amulet. I burned 5 scrolls of acquisition on jewelry. The last rune is Slime obviously. At this point the character is so overpowered (VsFi) that I probably don't need it but I bet it's going to end ugly in there.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Scaramouche posted:

Funny bitchiness part of my current game on local tiles. I have 14 runes, going for 15, but in all that (Plus 2 Zigs to lvl 20, and probably about 50 pan levels) I have not found a single piece of rCorr gear. Not even on a marginal weapon, or on a bad ring, and obviously not the amulet. I burned 5 scrolls of acquisition on jewelry. The last rune is Slime obviously. At this point the character is so overpowered (VsFi) that I probably don't need it but I bet it's going to end ugly in there.

You should have at least a dozen potions of resistance by now and you probably won't need more than 3-4 of them. Phantom mirror + immolation is the classy way to take out TRJ at this point anyway.

edit: WOW that was a bad teleport trap....

No blink and no fear either. gently caress.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 24, 2017

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Araganzar posted:

You should have at least a dozen potions of resistance by now and you probably won't need more than 3-4 of them. Phantom mirror + immolation is the classy way to take out TRJ at this point anyway.

Oh yeah, I know I got options. I just started down this road thinking "hmm, better not try Slime until I can get rCorr" and then never really stopped to question it until it was the last thing to do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Floodkiller posted:

code:
Deep Elf State

1. Floodkiller
3. Wolfechu
5. (?)Can Of Worms (wormsofcant)

IronicDongz/Can of Worms: I'll hold spots if either of you want in for another go. Just reply and let me know if you are in/out before the tourney starts.

Yeah I'm in.

• Locked thread