Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

I forget, are we supposed to hate or love Kim Dotcom?
On the one hand hes goony as poo poo. But the media also hates him. I'm torn.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/867062608658022400

kim.com posted:

#SETHRICH WAS A HERO
I KNOW THAT SETH RICH WAS INVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.
I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”
I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.

STATEMENT FROM
KIM DOTCOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
On the one hand, Kim Dotcom trolled Hannity pretty loving hard and then used all the publicity as a means to plug his new album. On the other hand, he's still raping the corpse of a murder victim for personal gain, just like Sean Hannity! So it seems like a wash.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...y.html#comments

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/867165791715696640
lol

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

this is a hurtful caricature of kim dot com

google image search

oh

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i dont know what's funnier, that the seth rich case has turned into a crank magnet for hucksters or that there's so many suckers on the line beating their little peckers raw over the idea of hillary going to jail that they'll fall for the most obvious con artists

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

boner confessor posted:

i dont know what's funnier, that the seth rich case has turned into a crank magnet for hucksters or that there's so many suckers on the line beating their little peckers raw over the idea of hillary going to jail that they'll fall for the most obvious con artists

Falling for the most obvious con artist is their entire identity at this point, as Trump voters.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

What if the DNC did do it, the truth is revealed which causes them to shut down which then in return causes a more efficient, transparent and energetic governing body for the Democratic party to spring up? What then? :smuggo:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hosed up if true

quote:

...............if the Seth Rich parents wanted privacy, they would have never wrote the op ed piece.............the would have stayed out of the limelight, but now they are in it with their opinion piece..........its going to be debated, discussed at coffee tables, and until the investigation closes it will never go away.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The_Donald has THE SMOKING GUN. The wife of a doctor who works at a hospital near to where Rich was shot was once at the same fundraiser as John Podesta.

Of course you have to actually wade through the comments to see that - the titles of their posts say that he was the attending doctor, but I've clicked all their many links and I can't see it anywhere.

E: Turns out the evidence for that is a random 4chan post. :thumbsup:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Following the 1997 sodomization of Haitian immigrant Abner Louima with a wooden stick in a New York police station, Hannity targeted the victim. Calling him “lying Louima,” he claimed Louima had received the injuries through a “gay sex act” as opposed to an act of police brutality. On his WABC talk radio show, Hannity sang a parody of the Commodores song “Three Times A Lady” with the words “you’re once, twice, three times a liar.” Further, as FAIR reported, during the trial, the father of defendant Justin Volpe, one of the defendants who later confessed to sodomizing Louima, appeared regularly on Hannity’s program.

I'm sure Sean's got it right this one time, though.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

kingcom posted:

It was the second pizza on the grassy knoll that did him in.

check this out: the greasy knoll

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

What if Podesta took out Rich but it was for having proof that he has donkey brains?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Luxury Communism posted:

this is a hurtful caricature of kim dot com

google image search

oh

Yeah that cartoon is actually flattering and significantly less fat than him irl

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

if the clintons really did murder people wouldn't anthony weiner be dead by now

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Maya Fey posted:

She'll happily kill peasants but not fellow nobles. That would be uncivilized

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867328663423000576
https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867332779985571845
hannity up early and on twitter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
was he always this broke brained or did the trump russia thing just break him completely?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Apoplexy posted:

Falling for the most obvious con artist is their entire identity at this point, as Trump voters.

Haha neat, a smug Hillary supporter. Now I have seen everything.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

revmoo posted:

Haha neat, a smug Hillary supporter. Now I have seen everything.

I don't support Hillary now or ever, I didn't even vote.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jose posted:

was he always this broke brained or did the trump russia thing just break him completely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvq12Sa3VE He's been a oval office as long as he's been alive.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Jose posted:

He's been broke brained since day 1 of his radio career. He got fired for telling a lesbian woman he felt sorry for her children and it's been a marvelous journey since then

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Let's settle this here and now:

Burger w/ Mustard vs. Well Done Steak w/ Ketchup

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Apoplexy posted:

I didn't even vote.

Probably a good idea.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Avirosb posted:

mustard is good and not that bad on a burger, well done steak is a travesty and ketchup only amplifies it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Just the dumbest people on the planet, these Trump supporters

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'll tell you hwat

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This doesn't really preclude the leaks. It's entirely likely that Wikileaks sat on the emails for some time, though it does cast a bit of doubt on the theory; after all, why would he be killed a full 12 days prior to the leaks? Why wouldn't the leaks have come out sooner?

Of course, Wikileaks would be able to provide the date that they received the leaks, but it'd likely be too close to compromising their methodology, which given their current circumstance would be highly dangerous. It's troublesome all the way down, although of course, it doesn't matter so much at this point; beyond finding justice for Rich's killer, the damage the leaks did has already been done, and Trump is in the White House. The only thing that directly connecting the DNC to Rich's murder would do is ultimately erode the Democratic Party and ensure Trump a second term.

The earliest he could have supplied the emails was like two months prior

May 25, 2016 - Date of the last email in the DNC Email Archive released by Wikileaks

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

The earliest he could have supplied the emails was like two months prior

May 25, 2016 - Date of the last email in the DNC Email Archive released by Wikileaks

Inneresting

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

They call him Carlos Danger for a reason baby

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

looool abloo bloo blooooo :911:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Bardeh posted:

The_Donald has THE SMOKING GUN. The wife of a doctor who works at a hospital near to where Rich was shot was once at the same fundraiser as John Podesta.

Of course you have to actually wade through the comments to see that - the titles of their posts say that he was the attending doctor, but I've clicked all their many links and I can't see it anywhere.

E: Turns out the evidence for that is a random 4chan post. :thumbsup:

This is so convoluted it's hilarious. Did they need to bring the doctor in on it too because taking two to the chest wasn't enough?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Why is it so inconceivable there could be a political assassination in America?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

did you see the thing i posted about Hannity?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Avirosb posted:

BwM is at least still good. WDSwK is a human rights violation.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's not. It's just that this one happened a year ago, and is now only suddenly being screamed about at the exact same time that Trump is getting slammed every single day by the media. The 'evidence' is made up of extremely tenuous circumstantial links and anonymous posts on loving 4chan.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Seth Rich knew something he shouldn't have, or pissed off the wrong person, but why don't we let the police investigate this one, for once. Unless it was some pig who murdered him, I don't think they have much of a conflict of interest, unlike in all those cases where a pig is caught on tape flat-out executing some surrendering or fleeing black teenager after screaming the N-word at him.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Apoplexy posted:

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Seth Rich knew something he shouldn't have, or pissed off the wrong person, but why don't we let the police investigate this one, for once. Unless it was some pig who murdered him, I don't think they have much of a conflict of interest, unlike in all those cases where a pig is caught on tape flat-out executing some surrendering or fleeing black teenager after screaming the N-word at him.

"Let's trust the cops. Unless its racism. Then they're literally Satan. Besides that, they're stellar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Apoplexy posted:

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Seth Rich knew something he shouldn't have, or pissed off the wrong person, but why don't we let the police investigate this one, for once.

Those wonderfully impartial unbowed boys in blue.

• Locked thread