Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I was looting a crate last night and found my first AWP. I grabbed the rifle but I heard a car coming and I was on foot so I bolted and I forgot to grab any of the ammo. The jerk in the car took it. When I tried to ambush him to get the ammo a little while later he whirled around and put one in my dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

smokes can be good at flushing people out of cover when you dont have frags. most people will just see you throwing a grenade at them and will bolt to dodge it. by the time theyve realized it was only a smoke nade, youve already killed them.

I have a problem where I hold grenades too long and kill myself inadvertently. I like the option to cook, but I always forgot that I've holding a timed explosive.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I just did a major stupid. I was looting the big apts near the school and there was some mad max poo poo going on outside like 6 cars of various makes crashing into each other and tearing up all over the place. 2 crashed near me and got in a shoot out and i had a good vantage to kill the survivor. Did so, made my way to loot and of course while i am looting the circle closes past me. I pick up and run and get to the edge and hide behind a tree and get shot immediately.

I ran from 2 perfectly working cars... what the gently caress was I thinking

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
I completely agree with the vehicles being fun as poo poo in this game.

Yesterday me and my buddy had gotten boat to Primorsk and I had found 2x AR suppressors but no loving AR (my buddy had one but not me) when the blue circle came. So I told my buddy that I was going to keep looting until I found any AR thinking I was going to find one any time soon. However, I wouldn't find an AR until the 3rd circle was just about to start moving and it was closing around Stalbart. So there we are in Primorsk, circle beginning to hurt, without an abundance of meds and only a loving bike to do the trek diagonally across the whole map before we die.
That drive where every little gently caress up would be mean certain death but being unable to take it slow since we were running out of meds was fun as hell. We made it with only a few bandages and boosters between us.
Chicken was had, day was good.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
e: gently caress my post, i just had to restart steam

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 24, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I was looting a crate last night and found my first AWP. I grabbed the rifle but I heard a car coming and I was on foot so I bolted and I forgot to grab any of the ammo. The jerk in the car took it. When I tried to ambush him to get the ammo a little while later he whirled around and put one in my dome.

I hope you dropped the AWP in a bush before facing him. Otherwise now that dude had your ammo and your AWP.

I was running from a guy as a fresh spawn with no weapons but good accessories. So I dumped all my loot around before he finally got close enough to shotgun me in the back.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

the pan blocking bullets was a mistake.

you can shoot someone frontally with a shotgun and the pan that they are wearing on their back will block every single pellet sometimes.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been watching Grimmmz stream a bit, and holy poo poo he makes some stupid good shots with sniper rifles.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I hope you dropped the AWP in a bush before facing him. Otherwise now that dude had your ammo and your AWP.

I was running from a guy as a fresh spawn with no weapons but good accessories. So I dumped all my loot around before he finally got close enough to shotgun me in the back.

He had my AWP :(. Ah well it was an 8th place finish. Not too bad.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I've been watching Grimmmz stream a bit, and holy poo poo he makes some stupid good shots with sniper rifles.

Hes constantly looking to his left of his monitor right before making risky moves or when he doesnt have an enemy spotted. Might be related. Also he never closes his loving mouth which annoys me way more than it should.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Maybe his chat is on a second monitor that he reads as a streamer?. Big if true.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
He's playing on the test server right now and has a VSS. The bullet travel time on it seems a LOT longer than snipers and AR's, and its per-shot damage is pretty low.

cybertier
May 2, 2013

Bardeh posted:

He's playing on the test server right now and has a VSS. The bullet travel time on it seems a LOT longer than snipers and AR's, and its per-shot damage is pretty low.

I think it's true strength will be in the last circles, when exposing yourself drastically reduces your chance of winning. Watching our for people exposing themselves while duelling and then silently finishing of the winner.

On a completely related note, I got the terrible terrible 1-kill duo chicken dinner. We managed to not see any other player for a really long time, when my buddy got shot down by a silenced AR from god-know-where. Being rather late in the game, with no scope against scoped and silenced AR guy, I decided I'd play the Crawling Through Grass Simulator 2017 and went all ninja while all the other teams killed each other. In the end it was down to me and two other solo guys. One of the guys I could see in some distance while I had no idea where the other one was. That was till he used the tree right on front of me a cover while shooting at the other guy. My buddy was screaming that I should finish him, but I decided to wait take out the winner. Guy 1 rushed Guy 2, died, and I promptly blasted Guy 2 with my double-barreled and one shot from my holo-scoped AWM.

Chicken Dinner with three shots fired. https://puu.sh/vYhWv/3b20583f72.jpg

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Bardeh posted:

It's kind of like a UMP that comes with a suppressor and a 4x, but a 10 round magazine. It's not very good at a straight up fight BUT, it's completely, completely silent. If you have the drop on somebody they cannot locate you by sound.

It's a semi-auto crossbow for small circles.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
It shoots a subsonic 9mm round, it should go slow.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
gently caress it only has a 10rd mag? Can it take extended mags because drat that is a criminally low amount.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Maybe his chat is on a second monitor that he reads as a streamer?. Big if true.

In the final circle while actively hunting people? He really is great if he can pull those shots off while not even paying attention.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
In what realms does the damage of it fall? Between and ump and an AR or?

Great Beer posted:

In the final circle while actively hunting people? He really is great if he can pull those shots off while not even paying attention.

You really seriously think he is cheating?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 24, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I mean, whenever someone is winning a game it's obviously not skill and totally the fact that they cheat, that's a classic video game argument.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

I mean, whenever someone is winning a game it's obviously not skill and totally the fact that they cheat, that's a classic video game argument.

Can't argue with that

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Maybe. He's certainly got financial motivation to do so, twitch streaming is big money. But mostly I just don't like him and his stupid slack jawed face and am clutching at reasons to justify my irrational hatred of a stranger.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

PlayerUnknown's Battleground - Anyone that wins cheats and if you don't want 1st person mode you're a babby.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Great Beer posted:

Maybe. He's certainly got financial motivation to do so, twitch streaming is big money. But mostly I just don't like him and his stupid slack jawed face and am clutching at reasons to justify my irrational hatred of a stranger.

you might need to get laid or just masturbate then

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Staring off on a second monitor and getting amazing kills because of it is how Clever got found out.

I mean, granted, the dude could be using some sort of weird Eyefinity setup or something, but with the performance how it is currently its unlikely.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 24, 2017

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Great Beer posted:

I don't see any reason why anyone should have to justify irrationally or rationally hating a stranger. That's a god drat human right.

But honestly I haven't really watched Grimmmz with the intend to spot if he is cheating or not but I have yet to notice any fishy gameplay by him.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Odobenidae posted:

Got killed by the redzone while inside a building. Not even standing in a doorway either, the windows in the room shattered when it happened so maybe I got unlucky and the explosion landed on a windowsill. Scared the absolute poo poo out of me because I was intently watching for a guy to peek out of another house after I shot at him and forced him inside.
Same thing happened to me, but I survived. Big boom, windows shattering all around, and I immediately switched to brown combat pants.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I don't see any reason why anyone should have to justify irrationally or rationally hating a stranger. That's a god drat human right.

But honestly I haven't really watched Grimmmz with the intend to spot if he is cheating or not but I have yet to notice any fishy gameplay by him.

Besides, real men watch the manliest of man streamers, DrDisrespect.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

Besides, real men watch the manliest of man streamers, DrDisrespect.

Has the thread title been The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - ITT people arguing about Twitch streamers yet btw?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Has the thread title been The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - ITT people arguing about Twitch streamers yet btw?

That's the best question anyone has ever asked in this thread I think. Someone make this happen.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Great Beer posted:

If Grimmz is cheating he would have more than 2 wins during a 11 hour session. He dies to people he can't see quite a lot.

Plus some of his best shots are when he's pinched in 3 directions and knocks em all down.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I've started uploading the dumb poo poo I find playing solo in squad games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f41I6LAVpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PdxyZ1R8Zw

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Lugaloco posted:

I've started uploading the dumb poo poo I find playing solo in squad games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f41I6LAVpE

:allears: To hear that teamchat...

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

How did you throw a grenade without switching to it?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Lysandus posted:

How did you throw a grenade without switching to it?

I didn't. One of their teammates threw a grenade and ended up teamkilling the one I downed I think?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Staring off on a second monitor and getting amazing kills because of it is how Clever got found out.

I mean, granted, the dude could be using some sort of weird Eyefinity setup or something, but with the performance how it is currently its unlikely.

There was a Hearthstone streamer a few years back who got caught cheating during an online tournament because a second monitor with the 10-minute delay stream up was reflected in a picture frame behind him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

Playing a duo, my buddy and I dropped into Pochinki with another Duo who landed on the other side of town. We laid a neat trap inbetween some buildings which forced both of them into my building. I was able to easily knock one off but we couldn't find the other one initially. After about 30 seconds a frag went off near our house but neither of us could place it. Another tense minute passes and my partner goes 'man, I wonder who that frag killed'

"What? What do you mean, who did it kill"
"Well, I saw a message saying it killed someone"
"Goddamnit"

Went and looked downstairs and yep, the other guy's loot was on the bottom floor. He had naded himself trying to throw a grenade upstairs. From where he died he had a REAL bad angle so I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish

In a fit of irony, that game ended with the both of us getting killed by a single grenade because my partner decided he needed to sit on top of me. Still, a decent game with 4 kills.

Ice Fist is forgetting three important parts of the story:

1: After the frag went off, we spent a few minutes combing the town very methodically looking for the thrower.
2: At the end, he was behind the only piece of real cover on the side of a hill
3: We only both died because our killer perfectly cooked the grenade and it airburst on top of us as I was sprinting away from him.

:mad:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Sometimes, people are just magical assholes with grenades:
https://streamable.com/x6rt4

https://streamable.com/ttpg6

Also seriously game needs to have revives taking priority over any other thing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
last night I had a game of squad, and as usual I was the stair goblin, though instead of my usual UMP I had a kitted out and suppressed Vector

killed a dude that tried to come up

killed another a few seconds later

next circle dropped on us, I'm still on stairs when I hear the door open

"hey guys I hear you"

"good, this is our house now"

"fine, check out the stairs, see if you need any loot I left from the other guys I killed"

few tentative footsteps, some silence

"ok man, good luck to you guys we're gonna find another house"

:laugh:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

This game creates some hilarious situations. I mainly suck at it because my aim is rubbish, and I usually get wiped out with my team from an unknown direction before we can even retaliate. I've had the jump on someone with a shotgun / 4x scope, but my aim is so bad they'll have time to either take cover or gently caress me over.

What are some tips for aiming? Should I ever first person in close quarters? Should I only first person when the enemy is quite a ways away? I feel like 3rd person firing would let me aim better, but I'm so used to the mindset of "aiming down sights improves accuracy". That being said, trying to strafe and shoot in first person is near impossible due to the gun sway.

I feel like once I get the hang of aiming / shooting in this game, I'll dominate.

PS: can you get banned for killing teammates? We were in 4's yesterday, and it was me and 2 other friends on Discord with some random dude. We killed the fourth guy cause he clipped one of us with the guy by reversing over them, so we figured he had to pay with his death. We then got immediately jumped by 3 enemies and killed them, all whilst our dead teammate was speaking Spanish over mic talking about macaroni and "ey cabron!". So is it bannable to kill teammates like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Party Plane Jones posted:

Also seriously game needs to have revives taking priority over any other thing.

The threshold for entering a vehicle and for initiating a revive should probably be a little more forgiving. The amount of waiting and fiddling that needs to be done for both of them is really annoying.

• Locked thread