Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Josh Lyman posted:

Wyndam Earp's actor is a good sport to put up with all the ridiculous costumes and makeup they put him in.

He picked those costumes himself.

e: Beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Wally was really hard to watch, but the longer it went on, the funnier it got. Really enjoying the show and thirsty for more. Lynch, or whoever it was, wasn't kidding when they made it a point to mention Fire Walk With Me.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought it was funny when he was the log lady and nobody noticed. The horse was also pretty good.

I wonder what he would have been like if Lynch had been writing and directing him.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

business hammocks posted:

I thought it was funny when he was the log lady and nobody noticed. The horse was also pretty good.

I wonder what he would have been like if Lynch had been writing and directing him.

The horse was by far the top Wyndam Earl disguise. It was actually oddly intimidating.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh man, what a troll of an ending. Lunch gets praised for a lot of things that I actually don't like, but I love that ending.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 24, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Section 9 posted:

I hate to admit this, but I don't understand this situation at all.

http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Rose

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Oh man, what a troll of an ending. Lunch gets praised for a lot of things that I actually don't like, but I love that ending.

the finale of original TP is fuckin phenomenal.

so next is FWWM/Missing Pieces, enjoy your tonal whiplash

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Episode 3/4 spoilers Just a little thing, but I thought it was wonderful that Dougie was working on the symbology of the red room in the real world. The red room doesn't act on words it acts on bizarre movements and symbolic movements and he's just interpreting the real world in the same terms. It was beautiful.

God, I can't get over how good this show is.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
So I rewatched the episodes, and I noticed there hasn't been much discussion of the car Bad Cooper crashed...

In the diner, they talk about getting information from Hastings's (Matthew Lilliard's character in South Dakota) secretary. "She knows what he knows."

Then it shows Jack and Bad Cooper at a garage, closing up Cooper's Mercedes that he was driving earlier, and Cooper getting keys to a different car. He then smushes Jack's face and kills him.

Back at the hotel, Bad Cooper catches Daria on the phone. She lies and says she was talking to Jack, and that the "Secretary's car is all set for tomorrow." Bad Cooper then says that he killed Jack after he "wired the car."

When it shows Bad Cooper driving/crashing/puking, he's driving a Lincoln.

Anyone have any theories on that? I completely missed that everything about the car and whose it was the first time around.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Was Cooper supposed to sound like a robot at prison or was that the intercom system

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

Was Cooper supposed to sound like a robot at prison or was that the intercom system

It may have been something that happened to him as a result of getting pulled on by the red room.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cromulent posted:

So I rewatched the episodes, and I noticed there hasn't been much discussion of the car Bad Cooper crashed...

In the diner, they talk about getting information from Hastings's (Matthew Lilliard's character in South Dakota) secretary. "She knows what he knows."

Then it shows Jack and Bad Cooper at a garage, closing up Cooper's Mercedes that he was driving earlier, and Cooper getting keys to a different car. He then smushes Jack's face and kills him.

Back at the hotel, Bad Cooper catches Daria on the phone. She lies and says she was talking to Jack, and that the "Secretary's car is all set for tomorrow." Bad Cooper then says that he killed Jack after he "wired the car."

When it shows Bad Cooper driving/crashing/puking, he's driving a Lincoln.

Anyone have any theories on that? I completely missed that everything about the car and whose it was the first time around.

The keys he got were for the Lincoln. It's what they're standing in front of when he plays smushy face with Jack.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My only issue with the revival series is seeing Bobby Briggs with white hair and looking a little old. I'M NOT GETTING OLD drat IT, YOU'RE THE SAME AGE AS ME!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Croatoan posted:

My only issue with the revival series is seeing Bobby Briggs with white hair and looking a little old. I'M NOT GETTING OLD drat IT, YOU'RE THE SAME AGE AS ME!
White hair you say?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Consider the following. Bobby...

-Has white hair now
-Strange crying outburst in public
-Had relations with Laura
-Is named BOBby.

Cooper's Doppleganger's Haircut is a distraction. BOB has possessed Bobby.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think Dana Ashbrook had white hair by the time he was in his 30s.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Raxivace posted:

-Has white hair now
-Is named BOBby.

Have they said his name in the show yet? Maybe he goes by Bob now. :ohdear:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

business hammocks posted:

I think Dana Ashbrook had white hair by the time he was in his 30s.

He did, he's just got lovely skin so he looks older than he really is especially with the white hair.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is the thing with the body's fingerprints being classified meant to suggest that the body is Major Briggs? My guess is no, because he died in a fire 25 years earlier, but why else tease a fat, old man body as military?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It took me way too long to remember that in S2, which I watched again like last week, Cooper tells Hawk that:

"If I'm ever lost, I hope you're the man they send to find me."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought Sheryl Lee looked really good in her scenes. The new ones, not the clips from the movies.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/misoks/status/866861582080520193

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Section 9 posted:

Michael Anderson: "I want nothing to do with this and I am crazy now!"
Twin Peaks: "We are replacing you with a weird tree."
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Twin Peaks Revival 2017: We are replacing you with a weird tree.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The keys he got were for the Lincoln. It's what they're standing in front of when he plays smushy face with Jack.
I know. I'm just saying it seems like a pretty major plot point that's been glossed over by a lot. Then again, most of the Hastings/South Dakota stuff hasn't been explained at all.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

moist turtleneck posted:

To me it was the doppelganger trying to synthesize normal Cooper's voice and mannerisms and thats how it was coming out.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Le Saboteur posted:

To me it was the doppelganger trying to synthesize normal Cooper's voice and mannerisms and thats how it was coming out.

Yeah I took it more as BOB not knowing how to sound like the real Cooper anymore.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Inadequate Areolas posted:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB_PHoeuwiU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Inadequate Areolas posted:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

This is already the best show ever, imagine what they'll give us over these coming months! My goodness!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Raxivace posted:

-Has white hair now
-Is named BOBby.

Look, I know you're joking, but he really did have a good Leland Palmer cry so :stare:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I thought Bobby was bobbish too

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Seeing Cole with Booper (Bob Cooper) made me a little fearful for him, even with Coop locked up in the box. There's a couple characters who are pretty removed from the blackness of the show (Lucy and Andy), and it fills me with dread whenever they're close to be exposed to it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ruddiger posted:

Seeing Cole with Booper (Bob Cooper) made me a little fearful for him, even with Coop locked up in the box. There's a couple characters who are pretty removed from the blackness of the show (Lucy and Andy), and it fills me with dread whenever they're close to be exposed to it.

I've wondered if we'll see Lucy and Andy in some nightmarish situation, would definitely be crossing some streams. So many places they can go with this show. Since we've been so engrossed in the Coop story and overall weird stuff going on, I wonder what characters like Shelly, James, and Ben Horne who we've only seen briefly will be up to. And what that Balthazar Getty guy will be up to. There's still 14 episodes to play with.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Interesting that Danzig's vomit was noxious, and people who came into contact with him grew ill. Wonder if and how that'll come into play later.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

As great as Cera's performance was, the loudest laugh from me was the weird spirit thing in the jail floating away. Series is fantastic so far and I'm unspeakably happy that gum I like is back in style.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

tao of lmao posted:

As great as Cera's performance was, the loudest laugh from me was the weird spirit thing in the jail floating away. Series is fantastic so far and I'm unspeakably happy that gum I like is back in style.

You thought that was funny? drat. One of the cool things about this series is how different people interpret scenes in such different ways.
This scene absolutely mortified me the first time I watched it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5WC0TW_0qc
When introducing the series to a friend, they found it funny as all hell.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think I am alone in that I actually liked Windom Earle. He reminds me of Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls. Just pure chaotic neutral insanity.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Windom Earle and Dick Tremayne are two of my favourite characters from Season 2. They're both fun and absolutely steal any scene they're in.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

eSporks posted:

I think I am alone in that I actually liked Windom Earle. He reminds me of Sheogorath from Elder Scrolls. Just pure chaotic neutral insanity.

Now I know this is an evergreen point of debate, but doesn't killing Ted Raimi make you chaotic evil as opposed to neutral?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Earle talks a whole lot about doing evil for the sake of evil