Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RealFoxy posted:

Ibushi is probably the exception to that list, because he might be legitimately insane

Gave up DDT to work for NJPW
Gave up NJPW to work for DDT
Gave up both to work for the CWC
Gave up the WWE to go back to Japanese indies
Gave up Japanese indies to become a literal anime

He kinda just does whatever he thinks will be the most fun at the time

man if ibushi is making a living, gently caress it, do whatever. you do you, kota.

also, he's 35? holy poo poo i would have guessed like a decade younger. nakamura is two years older and looks like he could be kota's dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's also a lot of funny/weird rumors about Ibushi and he loves putting fireworks in his rear end, for a while when he joined twitter he would just posts pictures of his friends dicks.

He was in a UK indy recently just shooting fireworks at fans and laughing maniacally.

All the blessing to him, he just does whatever he wants and doesn't care what anyone says. he seems like he's winning pro wrestling by having the most fun.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Smackdown can make me care about Heath Slater/Rhyno and The Fashion Police and want to see them be victorious

However, Smackdown cannot do more than one tag team storyline at a time, and while they can make people care about perennial jobbers, they CANNOT give a storyline to American Alpha.

Smackdown is weird.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tato posted:

Smackdown can make me care about Heath Slater/Rhyno and The Fashion Police and want to see them be victorious

However, Smackdown cannot do more than one tag team storyline at a time, and while they can make people care about perennial jobbers, they CANNOT give a storyline to American Alpha.

Smackdown is weird.
NXT seems to be creating too many people who are too big for NXT but not big enough for the main roster. They really should treat NXT more like WWECW and less like the development ground. They're kind of doing that right now, but there's definitely a ceiling there right now where guys get their feuds out with everyone then move on. WWECW had a better mix of vet talent and rookies that made it kind of fun to watch, although the match quality on average in NXT is much, much better.

There were people clamoring for huge pushes for Tye and Breeze but their height is just about where they're at right now.

Out of the current NXT roster I can only really see AoP and Roode being main-event level at best, with guys like Gargano, Itami, and Roddy either being in 205 Live or the middle of the undercard. Asuka is iffy at best, and Nakamura's peak will probably be second to AJ Styles as "That guy who can do really good PPV matches"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If no one watch your tv shows, no one will boo the big dawg BOW WOW. Excellent strategy Vince and co.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
In this post-Jinder world, who can really say what the ceiling is for any given individual?

Maybe Zack Ryder can be WWE Champion after all.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

ThePariah posted:

In this post-Jinder world, who can really say what the ceiling is for any given individual?

Maybe Zack Ryder can be WWE Champion after all.

Unless Long Island starts housing 1.3 billion people, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one my man.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smackdown was pretty good, despite the awful Jinder segment.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Is Rusev not ready to return? Seems weird to do that promo where he wanted a title match at MitB which was completely ignored last night. I thought Rusev would be the 6th guy not Owens.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He and Lana were both backstage supposedly

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CubsWoo posted:

Jinder Mahal is a signal to all the lower card talent mired in 50/50 feuds and jobber purgatory that you too can have a meteoric rise to main event WWE title holding status as long as you train hard, believe in the product, do unbelievable amounts of steroids, live your character, be devoted to your diet, and be able to pass for a race or ethnicity that the WWE is currently trying to make inroads with as an emerging market.

It's just that simple
Also - stiffing better wrestlers

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
50-year old Kofi will finally get the title when the WWE starts expanding into Africa.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

ThePariah posted:

Power Uti will finally get the title when the WWE starts expanding into Africa.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WWE gets zero ratings and they are kicked off NBC

HHH interview

Actually, we want people to not watch our shows. Its a new thing.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Roman is never going to be a credible underdog without losing a lot of matches clean. which would be stupid because he,s the face of the company

you'd think Vince and wwe would be able to do the math and stop booking him as an underdog but welp

He's not an underdog.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He's not an underdog.

He is the BIG DOG and this is his YARD!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the big underdog. the under big dog. the dog under his yard.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THE UNDERDOGKTER. BOW WOW

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
We need to expand into South America... time to bring back Ezekiel Jackson.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

THE UNDERDOGKTER. BOW WOW

the druid entrances except instead of dudes in robes, it's a bunch of cute doggos :)

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Roman is never going to be a credible underdog without losing a lot of matches clean. which would be stupid because he,s the face of the company

you'd think Vince and wwe would be able to do the math and stop booking him as an underdog but welp

Do you forget the years of Cena beating the odds? He couldn't possibly win in ~this~ situation!

Roman beating Finn last week 'because he needed a win' makes sense in that context. I'm actually getting close to my tether of bad booking :(

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah but his youthful good looks won't last fore-
Looks at Ibushi
....nevermind....

That lady who gets to look across at him wearing a wedding dress (in a chapel and not the ring this time) will be a super lucky lady.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

the druid entrances except instead of dudes in robes, it's a bunch of cute doggos :)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Wazzu posted:

That lady who gets to look across at him wearing a wedding dress (in a chapel and not the ring this time) will be a super lucky lady.
Given all the talk about how Ibushi focuses on having fun and loving his life, I doubt he'll be getting married.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Open Marriage Night posted:

I'd wrestle below my ceiling in WWE just to have an action figure. If that's not what wrestling is about, I don't know what is.

I'm actually a little jealous of Samurai Seth Rollins.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

About that tho...

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RealFoxy posted:

About that tho...

Dude, lady, waifu, I'm sure Ibushi will look radiant beside them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vaguido posted:

Unless Long Island starts housing 1.3 billion people, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one my man.

Are you doubting Long Islands capability to spam likes on facebook?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

SO close
[/quote]

A bit late to the party, but....

He requested a Manji, but apparently the design is reserved for Seth Rollins

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Does anyone wanna put steroids in my butt

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For all this "jinder is so controversial" they are not putting any effort on the motherfucker. Lol at those plates.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

For all this "jinder is so controversial" they are not putting any effort on the motherfucker. Lol at those plates.

It's almost as if this push was started on the impulse of a steroid-addled, out of touch insane old man halfway through his steak ketchup wrap

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

It's almost as if this push was started on the impulse of a steroid-addled, out of touch insane old man halfway through his steak ketchup wrap

To be honest ill take Vince insanity over HHH actually we are meta and our audience is dumb every day of the week

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

I'd wrestle below my ceiling in WWE just to have an action figure. If that's not what wrestling is about, I don't know what is.

What about if they made ur face really dumb like *insert wrestler action figure here*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Veryslightlymad posted:

A bit late to the party, but....

He requested a Manji, but apparently the design is reserved for Seth Rollins
:perfect:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Fun article in regards to Jinder

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/5/24/15684218/the-ultimate-guide-to-understanding-jinder-mahal

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am a brown person and though I lol I support Jinder and am happy he got name plates and that they did something not quite expected and hope good will come out of it.

He's probably going to be chickenshit heel beaten in 5 seconds by Captain Cena America when he comes back

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoy that the rampant cheating is just completely overlooked in the explanation of Jinder's for real hero status.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I think it was Jericho who responded to the Conor stuff with something like "You know UFC is fake right", that was pretty great

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

well now im on board with the mahajara character but jinder really needs to cut back on the roids and get some clearasil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

There's also a lot of funny/weird rumors about Ibushi and he loves putting fireworks in his rear end, for a while when he joined twitter he would just posts pictures of his friends dicks.

Someone introduce him to Batista ASAP

• Locked thread