Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Despera posted:

Where the gently caress do items you hit deliver to "some character" go?

They go to some character obviously. Log into all of them and open their hangars.

E how's test treating you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

orange juche posted:

They go to some character obviously. Log into all of them and open their hangars.

E how's test treating you

had to get a gay levi but fine

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm guessing its in the delivery hanger at the specific citadel but it just wont show up in assets because ccp.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
It's probably in the Delivery Hanger, but you wouldn't know because when things get "delivered" to you, you don't actually get a notification because :ccp:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Papal Mainframe posted:

It's probably in the Delivery Hanger, but you wouldn't know because when things get "delivered" to you, you don't actually get a notification because :ccp:

Yes you do unless they broke it recently

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Whoever handled the most recent recruitment ad buy needs to update their ads because you can definitely try the game for more than two weeks now, and also I'm p sure calling people fags stopped being funny *at least* two years ago.

for real it looks like someone just pulled them from the 2010 recruitment campaign or something

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Back up a minute. Chinese gold farmers using multiboxed smartbombing?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

gently caress

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

gwrtheyrn posted:

Yes you do unless they broke it recently

Interesting. I don't do logistics, but I know some of our logistics guys were getting pissed because people were pinging them about deliveries and the delivery was already sitting in their Delivery Hanger, but the recipient hadn't gotten a notification about it or anything. This would have been in the last two weeks or so I think. Could have been something with citadel deliveries specifically, I'm not sure :iiam:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Papal Mainframe posted:

Interesting. I don't do logistics, but I know some of our logistics guys were getting pissed because people were pinging them about deliveries and the delivery was already sitting in their Delivery Hanger, but the recipient hadn't gotten a notification about it or anything. This would have been in the last two weeks or so I think. Could have been something with citadel deliveries specifically, I'm not sure :iiam:

If they were courier contracts the items just go to normal item or ship hangars, with no notification. You just have to look for the items you've been waiting on or check the status of the courier contract to see if it's done.

e: It's been that way since at least 2011.

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 24, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ChickenWing posted:

I'm p sure calling people fags stopped being funny *at least* two years ago.

doesn't make it any less accurate

i'm gay

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Despera posted:

had to get a gay levi but fine

Just a quick reminder. Bridge != Jump.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Dalael posted:

Just a quick reminder. Bridge != Jump.

lmao

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
While we are talking about test, why did Vily join test? Was his main sold?

vaguely remember Vily was the godly FC who always seem to be speed or some kind of stimulant. (sorry Vily just my impression from what I heard over comms!)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Altran posted:

While we are talking about test, why did Vily join test? Was his main sold?

vaguely remember Vily was the godly FC who always seem to be speed or some kind of stimulant. (sorry Vily just my impression from what I heard over comms!)

The story I hear is he came back to the game and got mad that he wasn't immediately restored to his old status of coalition fc or whatever.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

The story I hear is he came back to the game and got mad that he wasn't immediately restored to his old status of coalition fc or whatever.

pretty much

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gwrtheyrn posted:

Wasn't that Blawrf?

We lose FCs of a certain type pretty frequently, and I don't think its ~disloyal~ to say that other groups have more available for some of those guys. If you care more about your own opportunities than which alliance icon is on your character sheet, you can maybe do better than the imperium. We're run by diplomats and accountants, not FCs. Which isn't a bad thing, the big problem with living by your FCs is they have the fastest burnout factor. Look at how Progod lead an entire coalition of idiots that completely died as soon as he took off.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Klyith posted:

Wasn't that Blawrf?

We lose FCs of a certain type pretty frequently, and I don't think its ~disloyal~ to say that other groups have more available for some of those guys. If you care more about your own opportunities than which alliance icon is on your character sheet, you can maybe do better than the imperium. We're run by diplomats and accountants, not FCs. Which isn't a bad thing, the big problem with living by your FCs is they have the fastest burnout factor. Look at how Progod lead an entire coalition of idiots that completely died as soon as he took off.

Our FCs are for the most part allowed to do what they want. The only thing they can't do is call an invasion

also blawrf is a perfect example of why people that don't actually play eve at all should not be in charge of people that do in any capacity. If you ever wondered why the concept of 'fun' never factored into any of our decision making he was the reason. And I don't mean the BRAVE concept of fun where you undock fleets and feed to a superior force. I mean why we never deployed to a region to temporarily poo poo on people.

https://zkillboard.com/character/91118664/

not counting pods or structures he has 20 kills total. and no he doesn't have a pvp alt or anything. It's no coincidence that after he got demoted we invaded provi.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 25, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

Wasn't that Blawrf?

No vily got assblasted when he got his roles stripped after being gone for a long time and then coming back and expecting to have people trip over themselves to get him back into the middle of things.

Blawrf did too, but I remember Vily having a good meltdown over it and running to test because they knew how to suck his dick.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Sometimes in war the right thing to do isn't the smart thing to do. He's probably worth the bullshit he brings about.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
There was a whole stretch of time when people who had been gone a long time and then came back were spacemad that they didn't get their old jobs back on the spot. Didn't DJ throw a similar fit before he went and stomped off to form something under the original alliance name?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kesper North posted:

There was a whole stretch of time when people who had been gone a long time and then came back were spacemad that they didn't get their old jobs back on the spot. Didn't DJ throw a similar fit before he went and stomped off to form something under the original alliance name?

You could pretty much erase the name and insert whoever and you'd be right. The alliance does not give power back to people on the drop of a hat, likely because of poo poo like the Kartooning showing what can happen when one person who doesn't play has too much power. But yes DJ, Blawrf, and Vily all got similarly assmad when they got told to hold on when they asked to be put in charge of poo poo on day 1 of them being back.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

orange juche posted:

You could pretty much erase the name and insert whoever and you'd be right. The alliance does not give power back to people on the drop of a hat, likely because of poo poo like the Kartooning showing what can happen when one person who doesn't play has too much power. But yes DJ, Blawrf, and Vily all got similarly assmad when they got told to hold on when they asked to be put in charge of poo poo on day 1 of them being back.

And yet it keeps happening over and over, despite seeing the same results with the previous guys. Bizarre.

Anyways I agree with putting people on the bench when they come back from inactivity, even if they throw a fit and leave instead. But you have to admit there are a fair number of ex-imperium (or cfc) FCs out there flying for other people. I dunno if there's a better way to handle those people, some sort of accelerated return. If they're mad over actual in-game roles there's nothing to be done though. gently caress people who care about that poo poo.

Also getting your dick sucked is lots of fun so I understand why Vily would go someplace that was eager to provide it. Basically everyone involved made the right decision for themselves.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Maybe it was in the tone of telling them to hold the gently caress on or w/e. Tone goes a long way with dealing with confrontational folks, but some people you can't make happy with anything but exactly what they demanded at the outset. Eh, if you're gonna gently caress off, it's better (for the alliance) that you gently caress off before you're put in a position to do damage, then after when you have roles and decided to jump ship to TEST and turn off a bunch of structures and raid hangars on your way out.

I think that's more the reason for the wait, see if they can stick it out, impatient shitters will gently caress off because they were gonna do it anyways and take poo poo with them on the way out.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 25, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

So used to directors didn't really get fired for inactivity. There were a lot of people in charge who straight up didn't play eve and they either got replaced but kept their director powers or they kept doing their spacejob and nothing else and were bitter the entire loving time. I can't remember when exactly this was but eventually we started cleaning out inactive directors and its been a pretty big improvement. One of the reasons that mainfleet was poo poo for years is that we had this cultural attitude that you promote out of mainfleet. I don't go on mainfleet ops, I'm a director now. I don't go on mainfleet ops, I only go on capital ops. I don't go on mainflee ops, I'm in topgoon/blackops/space violence etc.

This was one of the direct reasons that caused us to be perpetually a year or more behind the subcap meta. The rest of eve had a t3 doctrine for a year before we did and it was multiple years before we got an armor t3 fleet. We also never used logi that required cap chaining. We had no emphasis on improving the quality of our pilots and assumed everyone was too stupid to cap chain and have more than one expensive doctrine in their hangar. Eventually this changed. Once we fired the bitter vets and we hired directors that did their spacejob AND actually played eve the quality of our mainfleet improved dramatically. Instead of just assuming goons were too stupid to capchain, we used guardians and taught people how. We started using the cool kid doctrines like machariels and instead of only having one main doctrine we had machs AND proteus.

So yeah. Bending over backwards for bitter vets who only post on the forums pretty much lead directly to a sub par mainfleet experience for loving years and if that upsets vily I don't care. Your priorities should be playing eve with friends first space power second and if that upsets you gently caress off. I've been down that road before and it results in people like blawrf who despise mainfleet ops being in charge of FCs.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 25, 2017

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
It's amazing how Blawrf was a hero who did hundreds of hours of work in every war first as recon head then as a highly successful skymarshal, then got upset about a situation which is nothing like what you describe - he wasn't "coming back" at the time, and he didn't demand to be in charge of anything: he had just gone to have a operation after various assurances - and now it turns out that he never did anything and was in fact a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a well-loved friend.

As to "lawl if you had no fun ever blame blawrf" everyone here knows that the "don't fight unless you are guaranteed a win; never give the enemy fun" strategy comes right from the very top, not from each of the individual skymarshals who implemented that order. Blawrf wasn't, for instance, in charge during World War Bee and that was the absolutely defining strategy then.

It's also slightly disingenuous to say that goonswarm wasn't a place where an FC could decide to invade someone. Sure, they couldn't just make a post saying "tomorrow we invade Tenal" but I don't know any alliance - even PL - where that is true, except possibly those where the head of the alliance is also the chief FC (pretty rare these days). Vee or Laz or (infamously on one occasion years ago) DBRB would say "yo we should invade Provi/Delve/Esoteria" and mittens would usually talk it through and then let them go with it. It might be different now but that was the case for years: an FC wanted to lead a campaign, and a campaign got led. It was most often Vee, and what changed there is that he could just deploy with EG without having to FC mainfleet so he understandably stopped doing the wider stuff.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

ChickenWing posted:

Whoever handled the most recent recruitment ad buy needs to update their ads because you can definitely try the game for more than two weeks now, and also I'm p sure calling people fags stopped being funny *at least* two years ago.

for real it looks like someone just pulled them from the 2010 recruitment campaign or something

Well, since one of them compares Eve with City of Heroes, a game that was shuttered half a decade ago, I suspect you might not be far from the truth.

Edit: and lvl60 as the level cap in WoW, which puts it a lot further back.

Endie fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 25, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Endie posted:

It's amazing how Blawrf was a hero who did hundreds of hours of work in every war first as recon head then as a highly successful skymarshal, then got upset about a situation which is nothing like what you describe - he wasn't "coming back" at the time, and he didn't demand to be in charge of anything: he had just gone to have a operation after various assurances - and now it turns out that he never did anything and was in fact a monstrous carbuncle on the face of a well-loved friend.

you mean where direkkktors called you mentally ill? :ohdear:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3wo7m2/i_am_exskymarshal_military_leader_of_goonswarm/cxxo1dj/

the fact that he put in work in the past doesn't mean he wasn't a tremendous disingenuous douche about leaving a space guild

like seriously, a guy hangs out in a channel with aryth, a guy who drops the n-bomb like it ain't no thang at basically anybody, then gets upset at "mentally ill" is basically the least plausible thing ever

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

you mean where direkkktors called you mentally ill? :ohdear:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3wo7m2/i_am_exskymarshal_military_leader_of_goonswarm/cxxo1dj/

the fact that he put in work in the past doesn't mean he wasn't a tremendous disingenuous douche about leaving a space guild

like seriously, a guy hangs out in a channel with aryth, a guy who drops the n-bomb like it ain't no thang at basically anybody, then gets upset at "mentally ill" is basically the least plausible thing ever

While I appreciate that Blawrf meant well by that, I will say that I wish he'd not pulled me into it. But during that month or so it was obligatory for every third thread on reddit to mention me as example of victim or villain so there were quotas to meet.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Something something xander phoena

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't like mainfleet much when I still played, but that was pretty exclusively because of DBRB.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
Also public loving meltdowns always get attention. There are a lot more dudes who just blend into the background after their space job is done. It's a crime all the loving babies get the airtime instead of those dudes.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
Guess its just human nature.

"How dare you not do what I say. I was director before you even signed up EVE!"

"I will cry, I will rage to get what I want or attention from elsewhere! And its all your fault!"

I think due to the monumental time EVE requires from the player to be successful, it really brings the worst out of people. Like the dude on reddit stole a mere 300b from friends he built up for 18 months.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Endie posted:

While I appreciate that Blawrf meant well by that, I will say that I wish he'd not pulled me into it. But during that month or so it was obligatory for every third thread on reddit to mention me as example of victim or villain so there were quotas to meet.

Had to make sure he had a couch to land on after taking a piss in the punchbowl.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Altran posted:

Guess its just human nature.

"How dare you not do what I say. I was director before you even signed up EVE!"

"I will cry, I will rage to get what I want or attention from elsewhere! And its all your fault!"

I think due to the monumental time EVE requires from the player to be successful, it really brings the worst out of people. Like the dude on reddit stole a mere 300b from friends he built up for 18 months.

Some people will never see an internet community as real friends and only ever as acquaintance. Even if they actually spend more time interacting with that community than with real life friends, they'll stick to that mentality.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blawrf is a really good dude and did a ton of really good things for goons. The way he left was lovely and it rubbed people the wrong way. He has admitted that the way he left was probably less than ideal but we are all emotional creatures. If you still harbor ill will towards the man go get your sadbrain checked.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
I don't treat my online friends same as my real life friends. Nonetheless they are still friends that I hang out and spend time with, it takes up time to build up.

For example, you work(staring at screen and typing) 2 hours a day in an office for 20 pounds for hour, and you work(staring at screen and inputting commnads) 2 hours a day in EVE online and earn 1 pound worth of isk an hour. The conclusion is you are retarded for not buying isk, but would you treat that 1 pound you earn any less than 20 pounds from your boss?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm barely following anything here but this is pretty entertaining. Except the ISK/Money work-play comparison. I legit don't follow that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm barely following anything here but this is pretty entertaining. Except the ISK/Money work-play comparison. I legit don't follow that one.

so you know you can grind in an MMO to make in-game money, right

well, in eve, you can buy gametime microtransaction bullshit (plex) with real life money and sell it to other players for in-game money

the whole concept is basically that in reverse -- as in, you grind and make Y isk/hr, which would be worth X amount of real life $/hr if you had bought plex

now compare X real life $/hr to your job, whatever it might be, where you make Z real life $/hr

it's pretty much always going to be the case that Z > X by a long shot

with that in mind, why grind in an mmo when you can just turn some of your discretionary real life income into the isk you need for losing spaceships

• Locked thread