Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

RiggenBlaque posted:

This feels a little embarrassing to ask, but what specifically did Joe Lieberman do that everyone hates him? I live in CT and it seems like literally everyone in the state despises him.

He corrupted Anakin and caused the republic to fall, naming himself emperor.

Edit: All Dog Taxes are Theft. Long Live Cat Taxes, with a pic of my fat little bastard.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ularg posted:

It would be a dream come true if this was the case and just what most politicians do to gently caress with him until he retires or dies.

How... how is this not decided yet?

Feds don't move until every single angle is covered and the person is dead to rights.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Yeah for me and a lot of other 80's and 90's kids, Lieberman is basically remembered as the congressional version of Jack Thompson.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

RiggenBlaque posted:

This feels a little embarrassing to ask, but what specifically did Joe Lieberman do that everyone hates him? I live in CT and it seems like literally everyone in the state despises him.

Killed the public option, campaigned against Obama and for McCain, endorsed Michael Flynn as national security advisor, general scum.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

RiggenBlaque posted:

Keeps undermining progressive policy.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Your Taint posted:

Is that today?

Should Be.

FizFashizzle posted:

Feds don't move until every single angle is covered and the person is dead to rights.

This times a thousand, and then triple it for the loving President. Feds want to nail every single person they can snag, especially if some of the suspects are turtles in position of power that can do massive damage to the investigation and prosecution.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Your Taint posted:

Is that today?

Yes. And Montana special election is tomorrow.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

They were literally given the evidence by the Obama Administration and McConnell told Obama if he went public with it McConnell would claim he was trying to interfere in the election.

Right, and Paul Ryan is on tape talking about how Trump's paid by the Russians. But if you're in denial you're in denial.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

FizFashizzle posted:

Fair enough, just seems like everyone not actively involved in the investigation is trying to stay in the way with their fingers in their ears.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
WHAT DO WE WANT???

CBO!!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT???

NOW!!!

(clap clap clap)

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

A not-insignificant factor in my choice to go to Maui rather than O'ahu on my upcoming Hawaiian vacation was that a Trump hotel would never be in my field of vision.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

evilweasel posted:

For those who haven't been following the Montana election, Quist has largely been campaigning on health care and how awful the AHCA is. The timing of the CBO score is pretty great for him.

Also, Democrats won a state senate seat in NY that has literally never been held by a Dem in a district Trump won by 20 points:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/867224276180533250

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

"I'm just a humble mother-fucker with a big-rear end dick" - Donald J Bunk

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

evilweasel posted:

Quist better spend the next 24 hours blanketing the state with the CBO score. If you can't win off the immediate reaction to that, you might as well give up trying to win these seats.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
With so many bad actors lying between Trump and impeachment I can't imagine a future where it happens. Christ look what happens when you put Trey Gowdy in front of a mic and then imagine Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Right, and Paul Ryan is on tape talking about how Trump's paid by the Russians. But if you're in denial you're in denial.

I mean that it's less then pretending to themselves it's not happening and more making their peace with it for political power.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

Quist better spend the next 24 hours blanketing the state with the CBO score. If you can't win off the immediate reaction to that, you might as well give up trying to win these seats.

He is campaigning on health care as his closing message.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

B B posted:

For those who haven't been following the Montana election, Quist has largely been campaigning on health care and how awful the AHCA is. The timing of the CBO score is pretty great for him.

Also, Democrats won a state senate seat in NY that has literally never been held by a Dem in a district Trump won by 20 points:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/867224276180533250

Thats my district. She was campaigning like crazy, we had three or four people at our door in the past few weeks asking us to support her. I saw signs for her all over the place, while I never heard a peep from the other guy. I guess his campaign strategy was to do nothing and coast to a win since it is such a republican area.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blitz7x posted:

With so many bad actors lying between Trump and impeachment I can't imagine a future where it happens. Christ look what happens when you put Trey Gowdy in front of a mic and then imagine Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan

Honestly, it kind of depends on Montana and Georgia. If Republicans lose those seats, they're probably going to completely freak out and dump Donny in favor of keeping their jobs.

Really, with NY and NH special elections they might already be freaking out, but those might not be high profile enough for them.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Killed the public option, campaigned against Obama and for McCain, endorsed Michael Flynn as national security advisor, general scum.
Don't forget he lost the Democratic primary in his re-election bid, then ran as an independent and got voted into office by courting Republican strategic voters and banking on a large chunk of the idiotic Democratic masses not paying enough attention to the race to realize he'd gone turncoat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

B B posted:

He personally prevented ACA from having a public option, for one.

No. it's worse than that. The Public option was DOA. What he did was kill the Medicare buyin at age 55 which is basically the number 1 reason that the ACA insurance markets are having problems now. It had 60 votes of support and Leiberman CHANGED HIS MIND when he saw progressives supporting it. People died because of that vote and it was purely because of spite. Also, he was one of the main boosters of the Iraq war until pretty much the end of the Bush presidency at which he went to the Republican Convention and endorsed McCain and Sarah loving Palin over Obama. He's vile scum.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Watch Trump try and float Joe Arpaio as FBI director now

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It still kinda pisses me off Gore chose him as his VP.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well, if Clarke can't be hired due to plagarism and thirsting deaths for the DHS, why not the FBI? :downs:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FlamingLiberal posted:

Shhh if you keep mentioning his name he'll find his way to this thread, all he does is Google himself all day long

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

I mean that it's less then pretending to themselves it's not happening and more making their peace with it for political power.

I think it's some from column a, some from b, but end of the day it doesn't matter, they should have known.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Shhh if you keep mentioning his name he'll find his way to this thread, all he does is Google himself all day long

Joe Arpaio

Joe Arpaio

Joe ARPAIO!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

No. it's worse than that. The Public option was DOA. What he did was kill the Medicare buyin at age 55 which is basically the number 1 reason that the ACA insurance markets are having problems now. It had 60 votes of support and Leiberman CHANGED HIS MIND when he saw progressives supporting it. People died because of that vote and it was purely because of spite. Also, he was one of the main boosters of the Iraq war until pretty much the end of the Bush presidency at which he went to the Republican Convention and endorsed McCain and Sarah loving Palin over Obama. He's vile scum.

Also Israel really isn't an issue anymore since Obama did a very good job of extricating the US from the I/P conflict in a lot of ways, but back in the early 2000s israel/palestine was a MAJOR wedge issue and lieberman was always there handwaving atrocities committed against Palestinians.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Judge Jeanine.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Wait the infamous Trump/Comey dinner was on Valentines Day? ha

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Trump's about to arrive in Brussels, apparently he's being hosted in the embassy by the ranking diplomat and he'll sleep there because the ambassador's residence is still empty.

Melania will probably be staying at the same hotel Obama stayed at. Guess she's gotten used to living apart from him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Also Israel really isn't an issue anymore since Obama did a very good job of extricating the US from the I/P conflict in a lot of ways, but back in the early 2000s israel/palestine was a MAJOR wedge issue and lieberman was always there handwaving atrocities committed against Palestinians.

Well now all democrats do that so I didn't mention it heh.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

live feed of trump arriving in belgium

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Party Plane Jones posted:

Just when you thought you'd heard the last from Milo:
"Oh, Milo, you think you can troll again? You're never going to get any biters this ti--"
MOTHER FUCKER. HOW DOES HE DO IT EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hopefully he gets his wish and is crucified by outraged: Terror victims/Muslims/Ariana Grande fans/Ariana Grande herself

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

prom candy posted:

Wait the infamous Trump/Comey dinner was on Valentines Day? ha

MelaniaHandSwat.gif

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

nimby posted:

Trump's about to arrive in Brussels, apparently he's being hosted in the embassy by the ranking diplomat and he'll sleep there because the ambassador's residence is still empty.

Melania will probably be staying at the same hotel Obama stayed at. Guess she's gotten used to living apart from him.

My wife and I were talking about the hand swatting yesterday. She said she worried about Trump being physically abusive because it's blowing up in the media and making him look bad. I suggested it's likely Melania is never actually anywhere alone with Trump for this to happen.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So the whitehouse leaked the name of the manchester bombing suspect to the press, and the UK are really pissed because it may have compromised their hunt for any accomplices.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought Sheryl Lee looked really good in her scenes. The new ones, not the clips from the movies.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
C-Span is currently broadcasting the White House Budget Debate

John Yarmuth, Democrat, KY-03 is speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

So the whitehouse leaked the name of the manchester bombing suspect to the press, and the UK are really pissed because it may have compromised their hunt for any accomplices.

I for one am shocked. SHOCKED!

• Locked thread