Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like the one where they need some repairs and Frasier's dad hires none other than Tim "the toolman" Taylor, and becomes miffed when he and Frasier become fast friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

the littlest prince posted:

I just got into season 8 and all the negativity about it must have drastically lowered my expectations because I can't see the dropoff in quality

Hindsight has been very kind to the show. Without the inflated expectations that accompany any good TV show during its run, the final seasons feel like a gradual denouement rather than the quality falling off a cliff.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nobody loves Raymond

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Goddamn lillith was smoking hot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Goddamn lillith was smoking hot

If you kiss her too fast you get an ice cream headache.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Totally worth it though.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I would kiss Lilith until she's got me looking like a frozen T-1000

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

does anybody ever talk about how much of an absentee father frasier is

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Frasier Crane is a dangerous narcisist

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i wanna say it was theorized in this thread that a lot of his insecurities and eccentricities could probably be traced back to losing custody of his kid so hard that he literally moved to the other side of the country

i never watched cheers long enough for him to show up but apparently his personality is different enough for that to be a valid opinion?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

i wanna say it was theorized in this thread that a lot of his insecurities and eccentricities could probably be traced back to losing custody of his kid so hard that he literally moved to the other side of the country

i never watched cheers long enough for him to show up but apparently his personality is different enough for that to be a valid opinion?

st elmos fire was all the product of a delusional tard it had implications that a lot of broadcast sitcoms after 1980 were also the product of that kid staring at a snowglobe. iirc the connection to all this is that the docs from that hospital went to cheers once so transitively frasier is a construct of an autistic child

if you are confused, peep my av for guidance

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

st elmos fire was all the product of a delusional tard it had implications that a lot of broadcast sitcoms after 1980 were also the product of that kid staring at a snowglobe. iirc the connection to all this is that the docs from that hospital went to cheers once so transitively frasier is a construct of an autistic child

if you are confused, peep my av for guidance

St. Elsewhere.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is he? I'd assume that would be a sticking point with Lilith and she seems pleased. The show isn't about that part of his life mostly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He only sees him in the show when something really weird happens. They always have conversations about other times they spent time together or all the time they spent training for a spelling bee and stuff.

Maybe they'll make a Frasier reboot about Freddy being a ~35 year old police officer with his goth ex-wife and his new romantic interest (a police psychiatrist).

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If my kid was that lame, I'd probably move across the country too

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

we should make this the background image for tv iv

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kids aren't funny so they don't exist most of the time in sitcom-world unless needed for specific plot points, then suddenly everyone remembers that they have a child,

See also Ross from Friends

naem
May 29, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

She could have her breasts pushed up to Canada for all I care Niles

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I need to retract my opinion on season 8, it's not good

It's incredibly, amazingly good

It's a constant, non stop tour de force of home run after touchdown after gooooooaaaaaaal (and three point shots)

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
If 90's Bebe Neuwirth is your thing then you'll also enjoy 90's Vicki Lewis so you should watch S2E6 of Newsradio and then all the rest of Newsradio.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I wish I had it but one of my all time favorite shops from here was a Vicki Lewis movie poster that was amended to Pushing 40 from Pushing Tin.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Copper Vein posted:

If 90's Bebe Neuwirth is your thing then you'll also enjoy 90's Vicki Lewis so you should watch S2E6 of Newsradio and then all the rest of Newsradio.

WHAT

WHAT??????

WHAT??????????????????????

NewsRadio is my favorite show of all time I've probably had every line of every episode memorized since I was 12 and it's loving Lillith playing Beth's doppleganger/rival. Holy poo poo. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. She was digging ditches in uganda

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

Settle down, guy. Don't go all bitch-cakes on me.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Copper Vein posted:

bitch-cakes

Mods!! that's my word!

that's my word!!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Newsradio is the best sitcom that has ever been or will ever be.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Dave Foley 4ever

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey! This is a Frasier thread. If you wanna talk about Newsradio and Dave Foley and his amazing performances in The Kids in the Hall and Blast From the Past then start another thread!

Actually, we probably should:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrnMbhMgmw

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Anyone see the episode of Wings with Frasier guest starring as himself? I never watched Wings so I didn't know it was a thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Listen I started this thread okay my Frasier fan credentials are in order. I love me some Frasier! It's just hard for Newsradio not to come up in a discussion about any sitcom because it's the pinnacle of the genre.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Anyone see the episode of Wings with Frasier guest starring as himself? I never watched Wings so I didn't know it was a thing.

I remember seeing it years ago. All I remember is at the end, Lilith gets into a fight with someone (maybe it was Frasier) and someone says, "I got 20 bucks on Morticia!"

Listen I started this thread okay my Frasier fan credentials are in order. I love me some Frasier! It's just hard for Newsradio not to come up in a discussion about any sitcom because it's the pinnacle of the genre.

This is true. The show was genius. "The Public Domain" with Bill singing political rag-time was the peak of the show.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Frasier fun fact: all of the principal actors from Cheers have made a guest appearance on Frasier except Kirstie Alley because psychiatry plays heavily in the show and that's kryptonite to Scientologists.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Frasier fun fact: all of the principal actors from Cheers have made a guest appearance on Frasier except Kirstie Alley because psychiatry plays heavily in the show and that's kryptonite to Scientologists.

Also they didn't have the budget to afford both her and an entire extra fleet of Kraft Service trucks.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

But...but...there's a scene in Frasier where Frasier is at his piano playing the Wings theme!

This is like George watching Mad About You, even though there was a crossover and the shows exist in the same universe.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Just watched the Niles heart surgery threeparter. It was actually sweeter than I remembered and not poo poo as implied in this very thread.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Daphne&Niles was terrible and the show was poorer for it

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Sagacity posted:

Just watched the Niles heart surgery threeparter. It was actually sweeter than I remembered and not poo poo as implied in this very thread.

It's bad

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

No see this is inaccurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Police Automaton posted:

Daphne&Niles was terrible and the show was poorer for it

It should have been Niles and Mel. She was never the raging bitch-goddess the show had to turn her into so the Niles/Daphne "magic" would look better in comparison.