Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

BaBe Got BaCK looking for people with no standards willing to contribute splats. I wish I could use emoji in team names.

code:
BaBe Got BaCK

1. SomeoneAwful
2. Haifisch (I think?)
3. LogicNinja (if you want!)

# TEAMCAPTAIN SomeoneAwful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Araganzar posted:

You should have at least a dozen potions of resistance by now and you probably won't need more than 3-4 of them. Phantom mirror + immolation is the classy way to take out TRJ at this point anyway.

edit: WOW that was a bad teleport trap....

No blink and no fear either. gently caress.

Fear really wouldn't help given how high the MR on hydras is. Without a blink scroll that is going to kill the vast majority of characters. Unfortunate.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

LogicNinja posted:

Throw me in unless SirSamVimes/Haifisch are back for this one, if you have the slots. I'll splat some elfs.

I was just about to edit you in until I clicked next page :v:

I'll wait to fill the slot until you say which team you want.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 24, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Araganzar posted:

You should have at least a dozen potions of resistance by now and you probably won't need more than 3-4 of them. Phantom mirror + immolation is the classy way to take out TRJ at this point anyway.

edit: WOW that was a bad teleport trap....

No blink and no fear either. gently caress.

Did I just watch somebody hy

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Fear really wouldn't help given how high the MR on hydras is. Without a blink scroll that is going to kill the vast majority of characters. Unfortunate.

After that post I found a consumable in my inventory that allowed for a possibility of survival. See if you can guess what it was....

Still in trouble - no heals, no fear, no blinks, had to buy a used teleport wand and recharge it to have tport - but I got that drat rune!

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Araganzar posted:

After that post I found a consumable in my inventory that allowed for a possibility of survival. See if you can guess what it was....

Still in trouble - no heals, no fear, no blinks, had to buy a used teleport wand and recharge it to have tport - but I got that drat rune!

Whoa, nice.

Did you just burn another teleport scroll and hope for the best? I'm trying to think of what might have helped but it's too early and my brain is mush.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Araganzar posted:

invis?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Araganzar posted:

Mutation for teleportitis which triggered immediately to take you out of the vault.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Where do you go to edit your 0.20 rcfile?

Also I'm available to make any crawl team's winrate worse

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Floodkiller posted:

Mutation for teleportitis which triggered immediately to take you out of the vault.

Out of the fire and into the frying pan.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Floodkiller posted:

I wish but Ugly John was right I had one potion of invis. Should still be dead but got a really fast teleport off after that.

Did you know you are at -5 to hit when invis if you can't see invis yourself because you can't see your weapon?

Mystery Prize posted:

Where do you go to edit your 0.20 rcfile?

When you go to the server you play on there should be an "edit rc" link to the right of the link to play each release. Just click that to pop up an editor.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Araganzar posted:

Did you know you are at -5 to hit when invis if you can't see invis yourself because you can't see your weapon?

Yes! But only because it's such a dumb technicality that it stuck around in my head after I read it. Also monsters don't have that penalty, presumably because I can't think of anything besides ghost moths that are always invisible but cannot see invisible. But on the other hand there are the various spellcasters that can CAST invisible (Sigmund, for one!) and some of them are ubiquitous (Ogre magi!).

Anyway, dumb flavour, won't get removed because..

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Everytime I've been in a position like Araganzar and decided to go invisible because it would totally save my rear end, monsters always knew where I was and always hit me no problem and it was utterly pointless. Especially later one when the vast majority can see invis.

Good on you for getting away with it!

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If they ever take away the stealth penalty for felids that cast Blade Hands I'll know that Crawl is truly dead.

e: 50% chance whenever a felid casts Passwall for them to immediately cast it again to return back to the original position

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

Yes! But only because it's such a dumb technicality that it stuck around in my head after I read it. Also monsters don't have that penalty, presumably because I can't think of anything besides ghost moths that are always invisible but cannot see invisible. But on the other hand there are the various spellcasters that can CAST invisible (Sigmund, for one!) and some of them are ubiquitous (Ogre magi!).

Anyway, dumb flavour, won't get removed because..

It was removed like 2 years ago

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
..it was already removed. Good to know!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
if you play this game long enough eventually everything you know about it will be wrong

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

someone awful. posted:

BaBe Got BaCK looking for people with no standards willing to contribute splats. I wish I could use emoji in team names.

code:
BaBe Got BaCK

1. SomeoneAwful
2. Haifisch (I think?)

Sure!! Let's do this. Maybe I'll play some Ba! Ba of Chei is a great move with no downsides, right????

e: Thanks Floodkiller, but I guess the boys are back in town.

son of e: why is our team name not "The Boys are BaCK in Town"?

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 25, 2017

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

LogicNinja posted:

e: Thanks Floodkiller, but I guess the boys are back in town.

No problem!

code:
Deep Elf State

1. Floodkiller
2. jerkstoresup (jerkstore)
3. Wolfechu
4. IronicDongz (Shard1697)
5. Can Of Worms (wormsofcant)
6. Ugly John (uglyjohn)

# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller
Still have one more spot if anyone is interested.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 25, 2017

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.

Araganzar posted:

I saw below it was invis, but I wonder if lignification would also do it because AC is so sick against Hydras

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lig doesn't give you THAT much ac.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

lig doesn't give you THAT much ac.

Lig gives 20+XL/2 AC, so I would have gained a few AC and completely tanked my EV. It also gives you -tele so I couldn't have ported out.

Lignification is basically the gnoll race in potion form. Totally awesome until Lair then dead weight by the end of Orc. I just quaffed one and I went from 25/30 to 33/2. poo poo, why am I carrying these?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Lig gives decent innate armour and +50% hp but melds all of your gear, so it's a fantastic tool early on as a combination berserk/resistance potion effect but quickly becomes a giant liability. Useful until lair is entirely right, after that it's just a death trap waiting to happen.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

someone awful. posted:

code:
BaBe Got BaCK

1. SomeoneAwful
2. Haifisch (I think?)
4. Mystery Prize

I'm in for this. Crawl username is Xavori.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Never give up!

code:
araganzar the Slayer (level 27, 233/233 HPs)
             Began as a Mottled Draconian Fighter on May 23, 2017.
             Was the Champion of Hepliaklqana.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 3 runes on May 25, 2017!
Was still using my starter trident after Lair and Orc, bought a randart great mace in desperation. Turned out to be +11 great mace of the Eternal Void {freeze, +Blink rElec rF++ Dex+2}. Abandoned shields and polearms and never looked back.

Got Statue Form, determined it's really not that great on Dr if you don't need the resists. Draconian midgame is pretty rough until you can get either shields or dodging online enough to mitigate damage.

Thalamas
Dec 5, 2003

Sup?
wulfric and I are setting up a team.

code:
Purple For The Win

1. Thalamas
2. wulfric

# TEAMCAPTAIN Thalamas

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Lignification are useful in early game where the AC, health, and rPois are a godsend. They suck from that point on till extended where the rTorment makes them worth considering again.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mystery Prize posted:

I'm in for this. Crawl username is Xavori.

BaBe Got BaCK

1. SomeoneAwful
2. Haifisch (I think?)
4. Mystery Prize
5. PlasticAutomaton

I'm in. Used to be in a lot before I changed my username.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If I join a team with a game in progress, will the team still get the score?

I've got a VSGl^Gozag which might be a 15 runer.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

redneck nazgul posted:

If I join a team with a game in progress, will the team still get the score?

I've got a VSGl^Gozag which might be a 15 runer.

The tournament doesn't start until 4pm EST tomorrow. You'll need to finish that game if it's in the "DCSS 0.20" branch.

After the tourney starts, you can join or change teams freely for a week. Your points earned move with you.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Araganzar posted:

The tournament doesn't start until 4pm EST tomorrow. You'll need to finish that game if it's in the "DCSS 0.20" branch.

After the tourney starts, you can join or change teams freely for a week. Your points earned move with you.

Well, gently caress.

I'll probably do it again for the tournament because Vine Stalkers are overpowered as dicks if you can get them past the early game.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Floodkiller posted:

No problem!

code:
Deep Elf State

1. Floodkiller
2. jerkstoresup (jerkstore)
3. Wolfechu
4. IronicDongz (Shard1697)
5. Can Of Worms (wormsofcant)
6. uglyjohn

# TEAMCAPTAIN Floodkiller
Still have one more spot if anyone is interested.

I'll join up, if you don't mind. I should hopefully be good for one win this go-round, and a bunch of aborted attempts at a 15.

Tournament crawl is still best crawl (and I'm pretty sure where my only wins have come from)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

is it just me or is akrasiac server laggy as poo poo right now

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Indecisive posted:

is it just me or is akrasiac server laggy as poo poo right now

I was playing earlier and the east coast one was laggy too.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yea idk whats going on, I was able to play for a while but sometimes it just locks up and stops responding completely and I have to close putty

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Where are folks gonna be hanging out for the tourney? Discord? I hardly ever remember to have IRC open nowadays.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

is the tournament already up? Looks like it doesn't start for another ~24 hours but there are scores up on the tournament page. Wanted to know if I need to break out an MiBe yet or keep dying on my pet characters for now.

Edit: vvvvvv Thanks

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 25, 2017

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

They do that for testing.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Wolfechu posted:

Where are folks gonna be hanging out for the tourney? Discord? I hardly ever remember to have IRC open nowadays.

The discord server was born for the last tournament and has stayed relatively active since. I'll be there while I play. ##crawl is a little too noisy for me.

Still the same link as in OP: https://discord.gg/3JEyRYg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

jerkstoresup posted:

The discord server was born for the last tournament and has stayed relatively active since. I'll be there while I play. ##crawl is a little too noisy for me.

Still the same link as in OP: https://discord.gg/3JEyRYg

I think I'm already logged in there at home, so good.

If anything, I find ##crawl too quiet nowadays - I used to like when they announced every unique killed, every rune found, etc. Nowadays it just seems to have, well, lost its flavour.

• Locked thread