Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

evilweasel posted:

He wasn't a toadie but he did collaborate in Comey's firing and the coverup.

I kninda wonder if some IC people took him aside and just showed him all the poo poo they had on the administration and the GOP and gave him the option of either being part of the solution or being the guy who went down in history as being the patsy for the covering up widespread light treason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

He wrote the memo knowing that it would be used as justification for the firing and that it was not actually the basis for the firing.

Yeah, but it's worth pointing out that he almost immediately began looking into candidates for special counsel.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is school choice a dogwhistle for "take my white kids out of minority schools?

Pretty much. I think that's even one of the dogwhistles in use today that escaped from the 60's.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Thanks everyone for answers.

DeVos is floundering in this hearing.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Thanks everyone for answers.

DeVos is floundering in this hearing.

DeVos flounders in every hearing.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mulvaney is getting bipartisan-ally brutalized which is pretty interesting. Trump's budget must really be a poo poo bucket.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Mulvaney is getting bipartisan-ally brutalized which is pretty interesting. Trump's budget must really be a poo poo bucket.

It has a $2 trillion math mistake.

On purpose.

So yes, it is a poo poo bucket.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

axeil posted:

On purpose.

Are you sure its intentional lying and not Republicans prove that they hate education because they're poo poo at math? This is the party that defends belief and feelings over facts and truth, so if they remember 2+2=1 than goddamn it, I'm mathing from the heart correctly you fake news!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

axeil posted:

On purpose.

It's really 7 trillion. Since they aren't counting the 5 trillion of tax cuts they want either that would increase the deficit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Boon posted:

Others, and you, have done these really weird, painfully unfunny, scripts that are way longer than they should be.
Jerk! :mad:

I'm trying to get better at it. Sorry. :negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Jerk! :mad:

I'm trying to get better at it. Sorry. :negative:

don't, he's right. Whenever someone posts a fictional exchange I just gloss over it.

If you can't make the joke in 1-2 short sentences/lines it's not worth making.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Is school choice a dogwhistle for "take my white kids out of minority schools?

Is the Pope Catholic?

There's an increasingly large body of evidence that busing students between districts is the best thing for everybody involved, but hooooo boy are people of a certain age south Mason–Dixon line still really salty over it (and now old enough to be running for local school boards in semi-retirement). Oh, and gently caress the Supreme Court case that effectively ended busing.

Taerkar posted:

The great catch of charter schools is that they usually are not required to take anyone.

It gets even better when you get into the land of special needs students:
http://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528502918/indianas-school-choice-program-often-underserves-special-needs-students

EnergizerFellow fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 24, 2017

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gorilla Salad posted:

I kninda wonder if some IC people took him aside and just showed him all the poo poo they had on the administration and the GOP and gave him the option of either being part of the solution or being the guy who went down in history as being the patsy for the covering up widespread light treason.

Dumb question, more of a 'hey, guys, what's everyone's take on...' than anything:

If collaborating with a foreign state to undermine an election and place a puppet in power in the highest office in the land is light treason, what ISN'T? I would argue that Trump has caused more damage than, say, someone who infiltrated the Army in order to get access and then turning around and mowing down an entire Army base full of personnel. Which is probably what we'd say high treason is.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is the CBO going to troll house republicans and the administration by emulating the press and dropping the AHCA score at 5? I mean, hey, pro idea there, but you're going to dominate the day no matter when you release, so may as well do it now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

axeil posted:

On purpose.

7.5 trillion, actually! :toot:

edit: Beaten, but it's worth reiterating: 7.5 TRILLION. These guys are unimaginable crooks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Apoplexy posted:

Dumb question, more of a 'hey, guys, what's everyone's take on...' than anything:

If collaborating with a foreign state to undermine an election and place a puppet in power in the highest office in the land is light treason, what ISN'T? I would argue that Trump has caused more damage than, say, someone who infiltrated the Army in order to get access and then turning around and mowing down an entire Army base full of personnel. Which is probably what we'd say high treason is.

I believe the constitutional definition of Treason involves it being someone we are at war with.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Apoplexy posted:

7.5 trillion, actually! :toot:

edit: Beaten, but it's worth reiterating: 7.5 TRILLION. These guys are unimaginable crooks.

And when called on it, the explanation was "Yeah, we know, but we have faith a shitton of money will magic itself up at some point in the future so let's just go with it"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Devos just said that states are able to allow schools to discriminate against LGBT students, and that she couldn't come up with any situation that the federal government would step in due to discrimination.

https://twitter.com/edvotes/status/867416921557409794

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 24, 2017

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ReidRansom posted:

Is the CBO going to troll house republicans and the administration by emulating the press and dropping the AHCA score at 5? I mean, hey, pro idea there, but you're going to dominate the day no matter when you release, so may as well do it now.

May as well do it right before prime time, so when prime time hits it's still fresh and the most eyes will be in it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Dexo posted:

I believe the constitutional definition of Treason involves it being someone we are at war with.

Which is what Flynn did by stopping that attack against ISIS.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

In the plus side Richard Burr isn't running for NC Senate again in 2022 so we have that going for us

He's not? When did he decide this?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Alter Ego posted:

He's not? When did he decide this?

Relatively recently

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article90756562.html

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Piell posted:

Devos just said that states are able to allow schools to discriminate against LGBT students, and that she couldn't come up with any situation that the federal government would step in due to discrimination.

Devos rolling out the new "Smear the queer" initiative

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Apparently the CBO score isn't coming until "late afternoon," so you can stop :f5: their website for now

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Your Taint posted:

May as well do it right before prime time, so when prime time hits it's still fresh and the most eyes will be in it.

aware of dog posted:

Apparently the CBO score isn't coming until "late afternoon," so you can stop :f5: their website for now

:arghfist::mad: curse you, CBO!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Piell posted:

This just screams future SCOTUS case.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Piell posted:

Down with da 'vos.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lol maybe nothing gets done in 4 years by sheer incompetence. We'll probably get a government shutdown out of it.

There were some very interesting things Mulvaney said yesterday:

"I’ve said it before, I say it again: If you are 30 years old and you are watching this, or you're sitting here, you have never had a job as an adult in a healthy American economy. It’s either been a recession or a slow, sluggish economy stumbling along at less than 2 percent growth."

And heres this:

"At 3 percent economic growth in a healthy American economy, if you don't like your job, you can quit because you know you can go get another job. If you get laid off, you know you can go off and start your own business. These are the opportunities that people have forgotten about. And these are the things, the optimism in the country, the dynamism in the country that the President is so eager to push back and to bring back to the country."

I'm trying to find the quote, its not on the transcript about basically how woefully compliant Americans are within capitalism. It was the best thing Mulvaney said which for the wrong reasons. Couldnt find it though, had something to do with our culture ans what we value.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Spacebump posted:

This just screams future SCOTUS case.

In a 5-4 decision...

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

I was curious and looked up Mulvaney on Wikipedia:

quote:

Mulvaney cofounded the bipartisan Blockchain Caucus, "meant to help congressmen stay up to speed on cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies", and develop policies that advance them.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Piell posted:

Still continually impressed by the fact that Trump assembled an administration consisting entirely of C.H.U.D.s.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lol, getting drilled on the Wall, "How many miles do you want to build by October 1st?" "Uh, dunno!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else starting to feel the irony pangs of right-wingers complaining about "money from california elites is being funneled into MY LOCAL ELECTIONS!" outrage from the right, when it's slowly becoming clear that the entire republican establishment seems to be propped up by Russian oligarchs through PACs?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

In a 5-4 decision...
Kennedy would probably side with the liberals on this, but RBG and Breyer are getting old...

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-base-is-shrinking/

Thoughts?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

*Googles " Where do I find sign ups for Hug Therapy Class"*

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

I was curious and looked up Mulvaney on Wikipedia:

This explains everything

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

stillvisions posted:

For the current administration the lack of a FBI head for a while is considered a feature, not a bug.

The lack of FBI head does absolutely nothing to help them, the deputy is completely in control

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Crabtree posted:

On the plus side, most of the racists can't really afford the likely terrible education of said private schools to begin with - so homeschool it is for you, Ezekiel Josh-Marty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scxdTXrfni0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

don't, he's right. Whenever someone posts a fictional exchange I just gloss over it.

If you can't make the joke in 1-2 short sentences/lines it's not worth making.
I'm guessing you're one of those guys where every joke has to be "succinct and punchy". I'm betting you hate on Patton Oswalt and secretly voted for Trump as well, didn't cha?

rear end. :mad:

I do not actually believe that at all and I'm betting you are an OK dude/dudette despite the red text. :)

Piell posted:

I actually wish somebody spits on this waste of oxygen. Seriously, screw these people.

• Locked thread