Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:vince:

time to finally buy one just in case we ever get a way of playing old nintendo games on the nintendo switch.

also im gonna buy that mario xcom game. i am the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought Nintendo was more choosy about who they licensed their IP to after the Super Mario Bros. movie but I guess I was wrong

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo's Share Value just surpassed the point last year when Pokemon Go launched
(And then dropped when they realised Go wasn't dev'd by Nintendo)

This is super good news as this is clearly a game system people want, and shows a lot of investor confidence
(Which means, theoretically, more games)

My little wishlist of games I'd like to see are
- Seiken Densetsu Collection ported to English speaking markets.
- Gundam Versus for that hot hot hot Virtua On mecha arena action

Bandai Namco are behind it, and are also putting out Dragonball Xenoverse 2 later in the year, so it's definitely got some port potential.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I woke up today and looked for news that Ikaruga was getting a Switch port and found nothing. :negative:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Everyone knows a high share point is only a sign that Nintendo is doomed.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I woke up today and looked for news that Ikaruga was getting a Switch port and found nothing. :negative:

This needs to happen and it needs to come bundled with a vertical stand.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
well now i want ubisoft to get absorbed by vivendi. i was holding out some hope that they'd regain their sanity and make a game that wasn't rabbids/far creed, but i guess there's some people that want bargain bin minions

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Port Rayman Origins to the Switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ubi is financially healthy, they make a lot of money from their games as service model according to Daniel Ahmad. That they're financially healthy is the reason Vivendi wants to buy them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Deleter posted:

Port Rayman Origins to the Switch.

Rayman Legends has pretty much all of the levels from Origins as bonus unlockables.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah but you can't make the Murphy stuff work as well with the Switch as it did on the Wii U gamepad.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
I got BoI on my Vita from PS Plus a while ago.
Does the Switch version offer anything different besides being on a system that isn't dead yet?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Am I the only person old enough in this thread to have seen the first Rayman Raving Rabbids and immediately put a preorder down on the Wii?

That game was dope. You all have brain slugs.

[Ubisoft RPG]

Never mind. This is going to suck.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Deleter posted:

Yeah but you can't make the Murphy stuff work as well with the Switch as it did on the Wii U gamepad.

Seems like their entire Rabbids game is "the Murfy stuff" since you don't actually control any of the main characters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

empathe posted:

Does the Switch version offer anything different besides being on a system that isn't dead yet?

I don't know anything about the Vita version, but this is rebirth with the afterbirth expansion.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Cithen posted:

I tried the Disgaea 5 demo and I just don't understand why this is such a popular game. Does anyone experience it as fun? Is it the anime people? I really tried to like it, help me understand the draw.

Yes, it's very enjoyable but not due to the story it's once you're grinding that it becomes fun to me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cithen posted:

I tried the Disgaea 5 demo and I just don't understand why this is such a popular game. Does anyone experience it as fun? Is it the anime people? I really tried to like it, help me understand the draw.

Disgaea is like an AQ test, so congrats.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I appreciate the information.

Nice! Thanks for the link. I am going to order one of the controllers and have it delivered while I am underway. I've been waiting on a Pro controller I ordered from Amazon but it's been lost in the mail for the past couple of weeks.

Got the controller working on Switch now. The update process is simple: after downloading and unpacking the zip, simply open the Win/Mac program and follow instructions. AKA set 8BitDo to update mode (hold power + pair for 3 seconds until yellow light starts pulsing), then connect via USB and click Update. After restarting the controller you set the controller to Switch mode by starting it by holding power + Y: when the blue light flashes four times in a row in steady sequence, simply pair the controller via Switch and it recognizes it as a Pro controller sans vibration. Switch power and share button are remapped to 8BitDo's power and pair button respectively.

Been playing some god drat ~GAROU~ to test the controller and it works perfectly.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Am I the only person old enough in this thread to have seen the first Rayman Raving Rabbids and immediately put a preorder down on the Wii?

Okay so after Rayman 1-3 being pretty good, funny action-platformers, I remember seeing info on a new Rayman 4 on the internet and in Nintendo Power, showed stuff like changing costumes and Rayman riding a giant spider, seemed pretty cool.

Then the more info that came out about the game the worse it seemed. Suddenly it was a rhythm game? Nono, now it's a mini-game collection, much like 80% of the lovely shovelware on the Wii, loving great. Then for almost an entire console generation, Rayman games were dumb mini-game collections featuring Rabbids, and eventually not even featuring Rayman at all. It's kinda like what Activision did to Spyro.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't know anything about the Vita version, but this is rebirth with the afterbirth expansion.

Yeah the Vita version never got the expansions, plus the Switch version is going to get the booster packs at some point.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
preview from the upcoming Nintendo Direct for E3

"C'mon, Yves! Give us Beyond Good and Evil 2!"

"How about this, instead?"

and then they show the mario rabbids game

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Rayman Legends is well worth your time if you want fun 2D platforming.

Wasn't that getting a Switch Port?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Iwata would have never let Mario Rabbids Kingdoms exist

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He would have been all "DIRECT to the trashcan, this is a terrible idea"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jarogue posted:

Wasn't that getting a Switch Port?

It is and it's supposed to have new content.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Splatoon is Nintendo's double middle finger to everyone that didn't think Mario Sunshine was awesome.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Infinitum posted:

He would have been all "DIRECT to the trashcan, this is a terrible idea"

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The only annoying thing with the 8BitDo is that if you want to go to sleep mode, you have to hold the newly bound Sleep button... which just happens to be the controller's power button. :v: Meaning if you hold it down the controller powers down and you have to restart it in Switch mode again.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Nintendo made Square give Mario a hammer instead of a sword. There's no way that is real. :ohdear:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

empathe posted:

Better performance and all the DLC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Modus Pwnens posted:

Nintendo made Square give Mario a hammer instead of a sword. There's no way that is real. :ohdear:

It's not 1994 anymore buster

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Splatoon is Nintendo's double middle finger to everyone that didn't think Mario Sunshine was awesome.

I would be really really happy if Sunshine was available on the Switch as a VC game or as a HD remake.
Sunshine is legit and I never got the hate for it, aside from being peak collectathon gaming

My lovely little pc isn't fast enough to run Dolphin :(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

empathe posted:

If Vita got Afterbirth, then not a whole lot. If Vita was just Rebirth, then Afterbirth+ got a new Greed mode, a few new characters, a few new endbosses, a number of new level bosses, and hundreds of new items.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

spit on my clit posted:

preview from the upcoming Nintendo Direct for E3

"C'mon, Yves! Give us Beyond Good and Evil 2!"

"How about this, instead?"

and then they show the mario rabbids game

No one would leave the room alive.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

canonically, has Mario ever seen a sword

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I never thought I'd be this engrossed with BoI. Everything about it visually is repelling but the gameplay is exciting.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Weeping Wound posted:

canonically, has Mario ever seen a sword

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's a knife.

He has seen Prince Peaseley with a sword though.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Technically, Mario doesn't see anything, he senses vibrations through the ground like a snake.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Modus Pwnens posted:

Technically, Mario doesn't see anything, he senses vibrations through the ground like a snake.

He's effectively blind when he jumps, but he does it anyway because he HAS to. Very brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

BattleMaster posted:

I thought Nintendo was more choosy about who they licensed their IP to after the Super Mario Bros. movie but I guess I was wrong
Maybe they're doing it to court Ubisoft to get them to release more stuff on Switch.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not 1994 anymore buster

This ain't your parents Mario RPG.

• Locked thread