Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Harrow posted:

I Am Setsuna was pretty disappointing and bland so I'm glad to hear there's an actually good SNES-style RPG out there now. I'll definitely pick it up, it sounds pretty great. Also I do have a Vita, so it'll be nice to have it handheld.

A few last nuggets: Characters that have a high enough Style (stat that increases in battle) can survive a fatal blow by going into the negatives and can be healed before dying. Dead characters still receive full exp from a battle. Losing a battle gives you the chance to retry, but it hasn't done the best job of signalling tough battles so remember to save. Opening a chest doesn't just give you the boilerplate "You found a potion" notice, it has more flavor and information. "Inside the chest was a pair of Sun Shades. These specs for Dave increase his cunning" or something like that. It's nice because you immediately know if you should check it out in the menu or let it ride. Also, since items are persistent, once-per-battle sorts of things, you don't have chests down long paths that are full of something you could have bought for a handful of G. Finding a potion was a big deal, and you have limited space for items so it's kind of like a load-out where you may decide to swap out a poison-inducing item for a rust-causing one if you find yourself in Geno Dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't believe how mad people are getting over that Mario Rabbids game lol

I just hate the Rabbids. They are no way in particular charming or anything. For a while I was worried that Rayman would be just left in the dust. I mean you remember the first Rabbids game had him and then the others took him out, it looked like it spelled Mascot death for him. Thankfully Rayman Origins and Legends disproved that.

Granted I"m not mad, I'm just like hahah yeah nope this isn't a purchase for me. I really dont' wanna hear that BAAAHHHHHH sound again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They should've just went with toads, they're way cuter

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Deviously smart. Mario to grab the like 30-40 year old people who give a gently caress about Mario, and Rabbids to grab their kids.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Far Cry is the only Ubi game I adore and Far Cry 5: Redneck Doomsday Cult Edition looks like it'll be fun

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-is-showing-off-this-key-art-for-the-upcoming-1795507331

Realy looking forward to Preview Day on Friday for Shadow Of War and FC5. It's like 2014 all over again!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Apparently Gwent will have a story campaign and "could be considered The Witcher 4"???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7qL0eiSlzk

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shame I hate card games

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

bahahahah

https://twitter.com/tomphillipsEG/status/867410868702765056

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Apparently Gwent will have a story campaign and "could be considered The Witcher 4"???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7qL0eiSlzk

I'm playing through Witcher 3 now and avoiding anything Gwent related like the plague.

Well, I guess I'm in the middle of getting Zoltan some cards to pay off his deck but that's it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Gwent is great but playing it against real try-hard people instead of brain-dead AI will probably suck all the fun out of it for me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i cant wait to fight the Bundy family in FC5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Gwent tournament was literally the most difficult challenge in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Niiiice, so we really are going to kill all whites in this one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The past 48 hours have been given us some real bangers when it comes to Ubisoft game key art

Serf
May 5, 2011

the chud tears over this game are gonna be incredible

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Gwent tournament was literally the most difficult challenge in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

and the most fun

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

well... poor whites lol

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Please don't make me kill the dog.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

2/3 of the way through the game you find out the TRUE villains are an evil cabal of Indian businessmen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

Good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

FauxLeather posted:

Please don't make me kill the dog.

What if I told you the dog is a holocaust denier

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lead dude is wearing Gunnars, eSports was the villain all along.

I knew it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Saint Freak posted:

What if I told you the dog is a holocaust denier

Bad dog! No! Drop it!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Wow I've never seen so many developer self inserts in one game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Both people who live in Montana are reportedly 'very offended' and have declared that this does not represent their great state.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Saint Freak posted:

Both people who live in Montana are reportedly 'very offended' and have declared that this does not represent their great state.
What are they gonna do, start a hate-group?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Saint Freak posted:

This is funny.

exquisite tea posted:

This shows that you've been spending way too much time on the internet.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Any major media organization should have someone on staff to hit designers with a rolled up newspaper when they try to make promotional material riffing on the Last Supper.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Tag urself I'm the knife stabbed into the inexplicable raw steak on the table.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Turtle shelves are in, confimm/deny?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

excited for the protag to find out the OTHER side is ALSO bad and in fact ALL sides are bad.... makes U Think...

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Honestly though if any of the game is like the church scene from Kingsman: The Secret Service, I'm down

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What's up with That Dog

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
We only need a black/latino protagonist now to make it all perfect.

edit: black/latina Woman

nerdz fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 24, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the dogwolf is a templar

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
The dog, just like every dog is a good dog even though it has a cross painted on its face and its leash is a chain.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nerdz posted:

We only need a black/latino protagonist now to make it all perfect.

The rumor is black cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Genius Far Cry designer walks into design meeting. On the board are the words "whites kill minorities". He strolls up to the board, draws curved arrows between "whites" and "minorities" and walks out of the room to the sound of thunderous applause

• Locked thread