Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Samoa Joe had an offer from WWE in 2005 and chose TNA, so him finally reaching WWE now that he's too old to be a star for a decade is his fault.

If I remember correctly, he turned down the offer because they were going to saddle him with the Umaga gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I never thought I could hate something more than JBL yelling BALL GAME but hell, JBL yelling MAHARAJA every 30 seconds when Jinder is around takes the biscuit.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I enjoy that the rampant cheating is just completely overlooked in the explanation of Jinder's for real hero status.

He should probably learn how to work and cut a promo as well.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm on the maharaja train mostly because maharaja is incredibly fun to scream at the top of your lungs.

Try it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Like a lot of the stuff in that article is really neat but glossing over the fact that Jinder derived most of his heat from cheating Sami of a title opportunity and then calling everyone racist after the fact is just kind of :geno:

Also just kind of tone deaf considering Sami's a Syrian Muslim.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 24, 2017

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignofevil posted:

I'm on the maharaja train mostly because maharaja is incredibly fun to scream at the top of your lungs.

Try it.

CLONFROGGIO!!!!!!

You are correct, thank you.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

CLONFROGGIO!!!!!!

You are correct, thank you.

quick reminder that 'That DICK!' insists clonfroggio always be said in a voice similar to Geppetto (of pinocchio fame)

furthermore anyone who doesn't like to say 'maharajah' is a racist

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

If I remember correctly, he turned down the offer because they were going to saddle him with the Umaga gimmick.

He turned it down because it was less money than he was making then.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Also just kind of tone deaf considering Sami's a Syrian Muslim.

comparing a syrian muslim to a punjabi sikh is problematic imo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.prowrestling.com/details-wwes-plans-sasha-banks/

Sasha pissed someone and not in a piss on someone and they like it.

"WWE has no plans for Sasha Banks to be in the Women’s Title picture in the next few months. Officials will have her team up with Cedric Alexander to take on Alicia Fox and Noam Dar in a mixed tag team match. Prior to injuring his right knee, Alexander was part of a love triangle storyline with Fox and Dar."

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 24, 2017

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope Orton beats Jinder at Money in the Bank, where immediately after Corbin cashes in his newly won briefcase then beats both jabronis at SummerSlam.

All about the Corbin bandwagon, bitches.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

"WWE has no plans for Sasha Banks to be in the Women’s Title picture in the next few months. Officials will have her team up with Cedric Alexander to take on Alicia Fox and Noam Dar in a mixed tag team match. Prior to injuring his right knee, Alexander was part of a love triangle storyline with Fox and Dar."
Good news: Sasha won't be able to break Alexa Bliss's nose again, for at least a little while.

Bad news: The extremely good Cedric Alexander has to team with Sasha Banks

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCZDjwHK64

This guy does a better promo about Jinder than Jinder can

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Midnightghoul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCZDjwHK64

This guy does a better promo about Jinder than Jinder can

of course the representative of alberta wants to celebrate a collection of subsurface oil deposits

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ostentatious posted:

comparing a syrian muslim to a punjabi sikh is problematic imo

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

of course the representative of alberta wants to celebrate a collection of subsurface oil deposits

Lmaaaao

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
jinder mahal makes me sikh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzu posted:

That lady who gets to look across at him wearing a wedding dress (in a chapel and not the ring this time) will be a super lucky lady.

I agree. Kenny Omega is a very lucky lady.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

RealFoxy posted:

Even ESPN seems to be kind of suffering right now

ESPN was ordered to cut nearly $400 million from its budget over the past two years, it's more than "kind of" suffering. It's a millstone on Disney's revenues.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Timby posted:

ESPN was ordered to cut nearly $400 million from its budget over the past two years, it's more than "kind of" suffering. It's a millstone on Disney's revenues.

This is a mixture of the subscriber losses and the insane rights deals they had to shell out to keep NFL and NBA.

The subscriber thing is still a big deal, but it's only half the picture in regards to ESPN.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I have a good Indian wrestling fan anecdote to relate so now is as good a time as any. I lived in Japan for the last year and met very few people who cared all that much about American wrestling there. Obviously your diehards in Tokyo and a couple of the PE teachers at my school who loved 80s NWA and stuff, but there was one unexpected source of wrestling fandom.

I got off the train for a weekend trip to Osaka and was walking around some side streets after the restaurant I wanted to try wasn't open yet. Randomly on some back alley of Osaka I hear the sounds of JRs voice, and I start looking for the source. A small Indian restaurant had the sounds of WWE coming out of its windows. Of course I had to wander inside to sate my hunger for curry and John Cena. Sure enough they were showing some ancient Cena v Khali match on a shady YouTube video in extremely low quality. As soon as that match ended, another began, I believe Khali v Undertaker. I asked the guy working/presumably owner and he spoke in very broken English of his love for Khali. I said how awesome it was and he just raved about Khali. So clearly the whole national pride thing works for at least some people, and I hope the one day a person like me is walking that same back street when he decides to pop in and discover whether Jinder Mahal defeated Randy Orton.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Wasn't Rusev supposed to be on Smackdown?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

dromal phrenia posted:

quick reminder that 'That DICK!' insists clonfroggio always be said in a voice similar to Geppetto (of pinocchio fame)

furthermore anyone who doesn't like to say 'maharajah' is a racist

I like to say it just fine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2.328. Up 7% from last week, only the 3rd lowest SD of the year :toot: we did it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
jinder's a draw

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jinder already improving business

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Corzaa posted:

Wasn't Rusev supposed to be on Smackdown?

Maybe they gave him a bit more time off since the Preds are going to the Stanley Cup Finals.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

2.328. Up 7% from last week, only the 3rd lowest SD of the year :toot: we did it

Those numbers are over 9000!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Those numbers are over 9000!

hahaha

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

DoctorGonzo posted:

The battle of the world's worst hair extensions.

It's kinda crazy to re-watch the 4-way, Sasha-Becky, and Sasha-Bayley in NXT, and think of what each of them is up to now. I never would have guessed that of the four of them, Sasha would be the one slumming it with Alicia Fox and that I wouldn't be surprised or bothered by it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I legitimately expected the ratings to drop like a stone, tbh.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
If they go up just a bit more, there is a chance Smackdown will overtake Raw.
Perfect moment to throw in New Day in the mix?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

VJeff posted:

I legitimately expected the ratings to drop like a stone, tbh.

People are probably tuning in just to see what the hell is going on. I'm more curious as to how the ratings will look after a month with Jinder as champion.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

jinder's a draw

ਭਰਾ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

People are probably tuning in just to see what the hell is going on. I'm more curious as to how the ratings will look after a month with Jinder as champion.

Yeah I guess we'll see what happens after three more weeks of Randy feuding with Jinder and Jinder probably cutting the same drat promo three more times.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jinder Mahal

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

Aron Rex

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i think jinder should get a romance angle