Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
like obama told him don't hire flynn because he's shady as gently caress, and trump hires him anyway, and whoops, he's a paid agent of the AKP :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
it's more comfortable for some people to imagine that people like trump are some geniuses pulling strings rather than the truth that most of the world is controlled by old white greedy men who are also complete dumbasses

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Phone posted:

CROWDSTRIKE

if trump is guilty of anything it's of being a dumb nyc real estate developer and maybe campaign finance laws. being a dumbass isn't against the law and no one is in a rush to reform campaign finance laws.

He's not going to get impeached. He's going to quit or his heart is going to explode on him.

See, I don't buy that entirely. He was a smarter man in the 80s and 90s, when he first bankrupted himself a loving dozen times and burned every bank in the country to the point where he couldn't get any loans to default on and bankrupt his way out of. That's why he's in bed with Russia: They were the only ones who would finance him. RIGHT NOW he's clearly a walking corpse suffering from advanced dementia, but back then, he knew what he was getting into.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

padijun posted:

he's legitimately too dumb to know what's going on around him though. what's going to do him in, if anything, is the obstruction of justice(?) for firing comey. like you can't fire the guy investigating you to turn the heat down, even if you didn't actually meet with boris badinov during the RNC

And I totally agree, the Russia thing probably doesn't hold enough water legally to have him hanged for treason, in spite of my wishes. Obstruction of justice that he admits to on tape in the Oval Office and lets get put into official memos and then also literally tweeting about the subject braggadociously? That's pretty clean-cut impeachment poo poo. Which is sad, because if Trump goes down for that, he doesn't take everyone else with him and we get President Pence. If the massive web of Russian money gets traced and it ties in to Ryan and McConnell and Pence and poo poo, we might stand a fighting chance.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The next chapo intro really writes itself

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Trump asked Russia to hack the Democrats in a speech or a press briefing. In public I mean.

There's a lot that he's said that is given the benefit of the doubt because everyone knows he's too stupid to be truly nefarious.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Apoplexy posted:

See, I don't buy that entirely. He was a smarter man in the 80s and 90s, when he first bankrupted himself a loving dozen times and burned every bank in the country to the point where he couldn't get any loans to default on and bankrupt his way out of. That's why he's in bed with Russia: They were the only ones who would finance him. RIGHT NOW he's clearly a walking corpse suffering from advanced dementia, but back then, he knew what he was getting into.

He had some seed money and was able to float above the law largely because he had the cash to play. He only came off as smart because he had access to financial instruments that allow you to construct tall buildings in NYC and he read the newspapers every day so he passed the sniff test of knowing what he's talking about.

He's always been a dumb conman trying to crack into the old money scene but he's not exactly subtle about it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think he was ever particularly smart. It's just that his brain is riddled with holes now.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
Does the trap and IDEOTV have a beef or something? There's a lot of passive aggression on Twitter between the two it seems.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Misandry Cannon posted:

Does the trap and IDEOTV have a beef or something? There's a lot of passive aggression on Twitter between the two it seems.

Can you post example(s)

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

emdash posted:

Can you post example(s)

https://twitter.com/cfCollision/status/867399035551752193

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Misandry Cannon posted:

:thunk:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Misandry Cannon posted:

It's because Chris Collision is a bitch

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i wish my favorite podcasts would get along :(

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

And I totally agree, the Russia thing probably doesn't hold enough water legally to have him hanged for treason, in spite of my wishes. Obstruction of justice that he admits to on tape in the Oval Office and lets get put into official memos and then also literally tweeting about the subject braggadociously? That's pretty clean-cut impeachment poo poo. Which is sad, because if Trump goes down for that, he doesn't take everyone else with him and we get President Pence. If the massive web of Russian money gets traced and it ties in to Ryan and McConnell and Pence and poo poo, we might stand a fighting chance.

Except even if it did, liberals wouldn't push the issue in those cases. They don't want Trump out because he's evil, they want him out because he's an idiot who disrupts the decorum. Smart political operators who maintain decorum are to be given every professional courtesy regardless of ideology because liberals believe those are people who can be reasoned with.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

He had some seed money and was able to float above the law largely because he had the cash to play. He only came off as smart because he had access to financial instruments that allow you to construct tall buildings in NYC and he read the newspapers every day so he passed the sniff test of knowing what he's talking about.

He's always been a dumb conman trying to crack into the old money scene but he's not exactly subtle about it.

yea you really have to draw a line between 'trump is an active agent of russian interests' and 'russia saw Famous Moron Conman Trump surging in the election and said 'hey this simpering oaf will be easy to gently caress with' and pushed him'. Neither is GOOD and both are scathing indictments of what a failure of a man Trump is, but one is Actual Treason and the other is just kinda normal espionage happening with a hilarious context.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Misandry Cannon posted:

Felix called Chris an idiot bitchmade on Twitter a while back.

And they like to condescendingly wax about how they are wise gen xers who once thought being vulgar was good political expression and now they ~~know better~~ *wags head knowingly*

I like the ideotv boys on things that aren't politics

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 24, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

And they like to condescendingly wax about how they are wise gen xers who once thought being vulgar was good political expression and now they ~~know better~~ *wags head knowingly*

Ew.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Famethrowa posted:

Felix called Chris an idiot bitchmade on Twitter a while back.

I like the ideotv boys on things that aren't politics

Sat heezy make a new album

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
God I can't handle all these Newsroom clips

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

God I can't handle all these Newsroom clips

They are so loving bad. Especially the Gabby Giffords bit.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
as terrible as west wing was, nothing Sorkin did is worse than newsroom

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Did *anyone* think Newsroom was good? Like I know libs fawn over the West Wing but does anyone even give a poo poo about the Newsroom anymore except to poo poo on it?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
8.6 on IMDB :unsmigghh:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWS

razorscooter fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 24, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

Did *anyone* think Newsroom was good? Like I know libs fawn over the West Wing but does anyone even give a poo poo about the Newsroom anymore except to poo poo on it?

Yes. There are still people who think the scene where he yells at the sorority bimbo is powerful.

They didn't get into the Sex and the City fanfiction subplot.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

sexpig by night posted:

as terrible as west wing was, nothing Sorkin did is worse than newsroom

yeah seriously, and the final episode might have some of the most reprehensible poo poo he's ever written, so that was a great endpoint for that godawful piece of poo poo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I watched seasons 1 and 2, and it was a chore.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cat doter posted:

yeah seriously, and the final episode might have some of the most reprehensible poo poo he's ever written, so that was a great endpoint for that godawful piece of poo poo

remember when the liberal, pro-minority, mouthpiece had a big spiel about how sometimes "RAPE VICTIMS" are lying sluts just looking for attention and a woman he was talking to was just all 'yea we be like that though...'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

cat doter posted:

Someone please do a quick write-up of what is being talked about for those of us who haven't watched The Newsroom. :(

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

Nah it's just a general aversion to lefty stuff than vulgarity itself, otherwise some of the weirder stuff they cover on the show (and on F-Plus) wouldn't be on the show.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes. There are still people who think the scene where he yells at the sorority bimbo is powerful.

They didn't get into the Sex and the City fanfiction subplot.

The sketch where he has a lecture at two extremes was kind of huge for a while and was kind of a weird prelude to the "Make America Great Again" stuff. I remember having to tell people then what exactly he meant by going "to a better time".

Kunster fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 24, 2017

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Haven't listened yet but Newsroom is a classic example of "journalists love thing that fellates journalists" and explains at least some of its unearned status.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Wow.

Newsroom seems terrible. How did anyone like this?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Strange things and thoughts were common in the antetrumpian days

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

One of my best friends has recently been going to Sacramento pretty often to work on getting government support to unionize Telsa after being injured working there. She's been dealing with California legislators and recently gave a speech at some gala.

Yesterday she was trapped in an elevator for a few hours

Just putting that out there

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

One of my best friends has recently been going to Sacramento pretty often to work on getting government support to unionize Telsa after being injured working there. She's been dealing with California legislators and recently gave a speech at some gala.

Yesterday she was trapped in an elevator for a few hours

Just putting that out there

gently caress they're turning on us, we should have known it was a matter of time before right wingers became boring prey

Serf
May 5, 2011

good news on the union front

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
They should bring back the Newsroom now that the news is so dumb. Would be a much better show if it was about them deciding whether a story about Trump calling Ratko Mladic a great guy is real or whatever

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

A union dumber than the police union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kunster posted:

Nah it's just a general aversion to lefty stuff than vulgarity itself, otherwise some of the weirder stuff they cover on the show (and on F-Plus) wouldn't be on the show.

Well, right, he just has a weird liberal perception of politics being sacred with no room for vulgar name calling.

J more or less subtweeted Chapo talking about how immature he found it.