Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Hellsau posted:

Only $600 for the tickets, but I guess you get three promos and two drafts. That's a great deal!

Who doesn't want a trio of MTG cards "made especially for HASCON featuring a mashup of MAGIC: THE GATHERING and three awesome HASBRO brands!":

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i love brands and paying 600$ to celebrate my consumption of those brands

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
They will be silver-bordered as well, so utterly useless. Well, duh, of course.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DoctorOozy posted:

I don't run Temur I am straight UR. Tower is too slow now and pinging a recurring zombie once a turn isn't winning anything for you. When you are off tower it's pointless running green.

I only have one Pull due to the tension with Gearhulk, if the game goes super long I'm gonna shuffle it back in using Memory on their end step anyway.

I could see a Temur control deck with a transformative SB into the Temur agro deck working... or God forbid.. an aether works deck.

How are you dealing with some of these G/B decks siding in 4 transgress and 2 Dispossess? Do you side out some or all of your hulks?

Edit: And I think the green is working well for them, because the creatures they side in are mostly under 3 mana so they dodge all the hate that gets sided in for them.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Hellsau posted:

e: Frank Karsten has brought us an important theoretical article: What happens if you put every creature into play at once?

Hushwing Gryff: making GBS threads in funhavers Cheerios since June 2014.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/161023137579/commander-1v1-banned-update

turns out strip mine, treasure cruise, and dig through time are broken cards

who knew

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

St0rmD posted:

Hushwing Gryff: making GBS threads in funhavers Cheerios since June 2014.

I mean you still get to sac things and trigger stalking vengeance forever.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hellsau posted:

Only $600 for the tickets, but I guess you get three promos and two drafts. That's a great deal!

What really? I've only been to GenCon and it's fairly cheap; do other nerd cons approach that amount?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Pontius Pilate posted:

What really? I've only been to GenCon and it's fairly cheap; do other nerd cons approach that amount?
The ticket prices are here: https://hascon.hasbro.com/tickets.html

$600 is misleading, it's the cost for the 3-day VIP "Super Fan" package. General Admission is $165 for 3 days.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Pontius Pilate posted:

They basically all do these days. Conventions switched to gouging their fanbases pretty much universally in the last decade.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

Elyv posted:

who knew

No poo poo! On the other hand - Baral is still somehow not banned as a commander, so who even knows what WotC are doing?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Elyv posted:

who knew

I find it funny that a format that is/was supposed to be all about brewing your own deck has turned into a format of "netdecking" already

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 24, 2017

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Jenx posted:

No poo poo! On the other hand - Baral is still somehow not banned as a commander, so who even knows what WotC are doing?

If I can't troll people with a 50 dollar deck against literal thousands of dollar full foiled out decks in commander where else can I get my kicks? BURN? Come on!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Free DTT

...DTT is never getting freed is it :smith:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

My money is on them pretending to build a banlist by themselves instead of taking sides in the recent split in the duel commander community.

Gilg posted:

The ticket prices are here: https://hascon.hasbro.com/tickets.html

$600 is misleading, it's the cost for the 3-day VIP "Super Fan" package. General Admission is $165 for 3 days.
Note that you'll also have to buy addons if you want to play in the Iconic Masters prerelease ($60) or do chaos drafts ($15).

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yuzenn posted:

If I can't troll people with a 50 dollar deck against literal thousands of dollar full foiled out decks in commander where else can I get my kicks? BURN? Come on!

Do you have a list because I'm feeling incredibly bitter towards society and need to blow steam on random idiots on the internet

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Count Bleck posted:

Do you have a list because I'm feeling incredibly bitter towards society and need to blow steam on random idiots on the internet

I mean you just play Baral and 40+ counterspells with whatever wincon you want thrown in

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/645005#online

Basically this, but you can make changes according to budget and what you have in collection.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

NINE. HOURS. of downtime.

Also, has anyone here ever liquidated an entire MODO collection at once to a vendor? Did you shop around and find anyone who offered the best pricing?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

ShaneB posted:

Yeah; the downtime today is absolutely insanity.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

ShaneB posted:

Also, has anyone here ever liquidated an entire MODO collection at once to a vendor? Did you shop around and find anyone who offered the best pricing?

Yeah I've sold out twice. Usually I submit the list to either Cardhoarder or MTGOTraders and take whichever one gives the better cash value, never tried credit. I can't imagine trying to sell it all individually is worth the time investment.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Yeah I've sold out twice. Usually I submit the list to either Cardhoarder or MTGOTraders and take whichever one gives the better cash value, never tried credit. I can't imagine trying to sell it all individually is worth the time investment.

I've seen some pretty big collections sold at Baltimore's SCG event. Not sure what kind of a value you get but you can walk in with a stack of cards and leave with cash.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Smashing Link posted:

I've seen some pretty big collections sold at Baltimore's SCG event. Not sure what kind of a value you get but you can walk in with a stack of cards and leave with cash.

How does one walk in with a stack of MTGO cards?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Free DTT

Fun is forbidden

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
MTGO is telling me Duress is Standard-legal, which is wrong yes?

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

DangerDongs posted:

How are you dealing with some of these G/B decks siding in 4 transgress and 2 Dispossess? Do you side out some or all of your hulks?

Edit: And I think the green is working well for them, because the creatures they side in are mostly under 3 mana so they dodge all the hate that gets sided in for them.

Transgress is what it is you just have to draw cards through it. For dispossess I am diversifying threats by adding in 2x glorybringer and 2x big chandra.

I don't usually take out any gearhulks if I can get away with it but I have no issue with shaving one if for some reason I feel it's better than takeing out something else. Dispossessed is counterable so I don't often get all my gearhulks taken unless I mess up.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheDemon posted:

If duress is wrong I don't wanna be right.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Sickening posted:

If duress is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Ha, true.

Well, I can't find any evidence of a standard-legal printing and there are a few other cards in the "Standard" filter that are definitely wrong so...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheDemon posted:

Duress and Negate should always be standard legal.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

TheDemon posted:

It was last printed into standard in DTK so yeah it ain't legal. My MTGO does definitely not show my copy of Duress as standard-legal however.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Watch, Duress was printed in some welcome deck or something and nobody noticed that it was legal this whole time.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Jenx posted:

They're trying to nerf commanders without banning them. Unfortunately they missed the Moxes and even if they hadn't, there's 0% chance that Baral is ok, esp with 30 life. I'd be ok with them getting rid of Polymorph too.

ShaneB posted:

[/quote.]

More or less yes, and yes.

[quote="C-Euro" post="472672394"]
Free DTT

God, no. Ban every delve card that isn't Logic Knot or Death Rattle.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

suicidesteve posted:

Please don't ban my friend Tombstalker.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Hellsau posted:

Frank Karsten has brought us an important theoretical article: What happens if you put every creature into play at once?

A lot of the creatures you get seem to stop a lot of the combo kills you could do. But just use the ability Titan of Eternal Fire grants, since all the Humans you control have haste, and you certainly have more than 20 of them.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

You have to first kill your Abyssal Persecutor, as you can't sac him because you have Angel of Jubilation.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Bonus posted:

You have to first kill your Abyssal Persecutor, as you can't sac him because you have Angel of Jubilation.

You can just attack with the Persecutor and enough other creatures to get the opponent to below 0 and then kill the tapped Persecutor with Royal Assassin. Everything has haste from Samut.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Bonus posted:

There's enough hasty pingers to blow up Angel of Jubilation. Alternatively tap her somehow then royally assassinate her.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Did nobody read the article? You have an Avacyn in play. You could probably use Zendikar block Drana and a bunch of mana dorks to kill her and go from there though.

Edit: does the new guy that gives burn spells wither also affect abilities? If so there's another way to get rid of your own stuff.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 24, 2017

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

suicidesteve posted:

They're trying to nerf commanders without banning them. Unfortunately they missed the Moxes and even if they hadn't, there's 0% chance that Baral is ok, esp with 30 life. I'd be ok with them getting rid of Polymorph too.

TBH if they banned polymorph and reweave, the problem with Baral is you can just timer someone soooo easily. I've probably won more games that way then I have whipping out Emrakul. He's a 2 mana engine that allows some serious card advantage on the SUPER cheap. Nevinyrrals Disk or Oblivion Stone + Academy Ruins with a resolved Jace = stall forever

The problem is that banning him means that the more long game decks will dominate and you might as well play Momir if you wanna see huge creatures swing at each other all day. Or everyone will just play Tasigur or Mini Jace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah DTT is a sweet card that was unfortunately printed with a really broken mechanic that makes it banworthy.

What mechanic has gotten the most cards banned, either directly (cards with that mechanic printed on them) or indirectly? It's gotta be Storm right?