Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Here's a bad idea for the bad idea pile: let us spectate the remainder of the match after we get killed, but only allow us to watch the person who killed us. When they get killed, allow us to watch who killed them, and so forth until it trickles down to the last man alive. In cases of accidental death pick someone at random to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Jerkface posted:

Can someone explain how a 2nd monitor and looking at it would enable a guy to cheat at this game and make sick snipes. I come from a simpler time of RATBOT and crt monitors so im not following the accusation.

A lot of modern cheat suites come with radar/wallhack etc that doesn't show up on your primary monitor so you can stream without getting caught. There was an exposé about Helios in a different game I play not long ago, you don't even have to have the cheat suite on the same computer. A goon got caught cheating and banned as well as some streamers using their laptops as secondaries to radar and wallhack as well as having the UI for the rest of the program.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Will peaking allow me to reach my full potential?

Integrating peaking into your Vertical Skill Set is one secret top streamers don't want you to know, my friend!!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

considering how well known those types of cheats are, you would imagine grimmmz, being a popular streamer, would know about them. Therefore, unless he was well and truly stupid, he wouldn't make it so blatant that he was looking at another monitor if he was indeed cheating, especially considering how often he does it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also he's been streaming for years, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and just assuming maybe the dude who's had years of experience playing these types of games probably has innately good game sense

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I wasnt concerned about the patchnotes regarding the shotgun till the first minute of the match.

https://streamable.com/8njh9

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Paradigmata posted:

I wasnt concerned about the patchnotes regarding the shotgun till the first minute of the match.

good fuckin riddance

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Futaba Anzu posted:

also he's been streaming for years, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and just assuming maybe the dude who's had years of experience playing these types of games probably has innately good game sense

Knowing some dude might be around a corner also don't make the nutso long-range moving-target snipe shots he regularly pulls off. Dude is just good and has crazy reflexes.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
The thing that baffles me about Grimmmz isn't 1km crazy shots, it's that he goes full auto and all the bullets are just nailed to a dudes head at like 75m and my poo poo kicks like a mule fully modded out. I don't know if it's me compensating wrong or mouse sensitivity is set to poo poo or what.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Badfinger posted:

The thing that baffles me about Grimmmz isn't 1km crazy shots, it's that he goes full auto and all the bullets are just nailed to a dudes head at like 75m and my poo poo kicks like a mule fully modded out.

Do you pull down on your mouse as you shoot so your weapon doesn't climb?

If you have a vertical foregrip plus a compensator or suppressor it shouldn't be kicking at all

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Badfinger posted:

The thing that baffles me about Grimmmz isn't 1km crazy shots, it's that he goes full auto and all the bullets are just nailed to a dudes head at like 75m and my poo poo kicks like a mule fully modded out. I don't know if it's me compensating wrong or mouse sensitivity is set to poo poo or what.

Once you learn the recoil, you can start compensating for it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea that comes from playing a TON of Arma styled games and a lot of practice with recoil control. You look at CS pros and their guns seem completely different from what normal people shoot due to how well they can control the spray patterns.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

aniviron posted:

A lot of modern cheat suites come with radar/wallhack etc that doesn't show up on your primary monitor so you can stream without getting caught. There was an exposé about Helios in a different game I play not long ago, you don't even have to have the cheat suite on the same computer. A goon got caught cheating and banned as well as some streamers using their laptops as secondaries to radar and wallhack as well as having the UI for the rest of the program.

This is (very basically) how they look in games that have minimaps/you can have a fullsized map open:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iva4yKyLqq8

With some sort of multimonitor setup:

As aniviron mentions Kotaku did an article about Helios a while back but that guy has been around since at least the UT99/2003 days since I remember banning people using his hacks as a UT2004 admin.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Paradigmata posted:

Well if that's legit it basically means shotguns are not ever worth using now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Here's a bad idea for the bad idea pile: let us spectate the remainder of the match after we get killed, but only allow us to watch the person who killed us. When they get killed, allow us to watch who killed them, and so forth until it trickles down to the last man alive. In cases of accidental death pick someone at random to follow.

I want a "replay" system that shows my path through the game and notes where/when I picked stuff up/shot people. Like, just a zoomable map with an arrow and a line showing my route.

I don't know why I want that, but I do.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Given the jumping, is it not possible he just hit his foot or something?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Drone_Fragger posted:

I missed the patch notes, what did they do to shotguns?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Carebearz posted:

I missed the patch notes, what did they do to shotguns?

nerfed damage

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

double post

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Given the jumping, is it not possible he just hit his foot or something?

This is what I am hoping.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Ostentatious posted:

nerfed damage

what, did they nerf damage from MOAB to Tomahawk missle damage levels? Because shotguns still wreck

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Once you learn the recoil, you can start compensating for it.

Does recoil follow the same pattern each time you spray like in cs?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Salean posted:

Does recoil follow the same pattern each time you spray like in cs?

Pseudo random constrained to a general pattern

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

This test server would be great if not for all the crashing... drat it Blue Hole, I'm trying to make videos here.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146896785

Also there is a new crossbow reticle, but the gun is still bad.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Does this patch finally implement the gunrange? Can you pick up attachments so you can practice shooting a kitted out weapon full auto etc?

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Pleads posted:

Knowing some dude might be around a corner also don't make the nutso long-range moving-target snipe shots he regularly pulls off. Dude is just good and has crazy reflexes.

The thing that impresses me about him and his duos partner Kongphan is how good they both are at spotting enemies at any range, listening for where other guys are in buildings, etc. They usually have a good read on what is going on around them.

The thing which makes me think neither is cheating with a second monitor or whatever is how often they get surprised and popped anyways. They're good, but it seems like human good, not machine assisted good.

Also they're way better and more dominant when the game's running smooth with no lag, which is a pretty strong hint that it's skill not cheats.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BobHoward posted:

The thing which makes me think neither is cheating with a second monitor or whatever is how often they get surprised and popped anyways. They're good, but it seems like human good, not machine assisted good.

Yep, the haters in here seem to conveniently forget that Grimmmz plays aggressively and dies a lot.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It's strange but somehow the worse goons at games, the more they accuse people of cheating.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's almost like that has been a staple of social behavior in competitive games since the dawn of time.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's strange but somehow the worse goons at games, the more they accuse people of cheating.

Fun fact: True of non-goons too.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

To be fair, a lot of PUBG players came from Siege, which until BattlEye was deployed was absolutely littered with hackers. We're a little gunshy.

(also the anecdote that BattlEye for PUBG launched with a bunch of stuff outright disabled and old exploits from Arma 2 still around as an effort to trap hack developers during the early days)

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

guys please stop arguing and just enjoy the speed, violence, and momentum of patron pubg streamer dr. DISrespect

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

To be fair, a lot of PUBG players came from Siege, which until BattlEye was deployed was absolutely littered with hackers. We're a little gunshy.

(also the anecdote that BattlEye for PUBG launched with a bunch of stuff outright disabled and old exploits from Arma 2 still around as an effort to trap hack developers during the early days)

Holy poo poo Siege was just endless goons bitching about cheating, literally bucktoothed babies peaking out their mics with their prepubescent screeches about HOW THAT WAS BULLSHIT UH DID ANYONE SEE THAT PRETTY SUSPICIOUS

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

tokenbrownguy posted:

Holy poo poo Siege was just endless goons bitching about cheating, literally bucktoothed babies peaking out their mics with their prepubescent screeches about HOW THAT WAS BULLSHIT UH DID ANYONE SEE THAT PRETTY SUSPICIOUS

have you been stalking me

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Carebearz posted:

Oh look, another buck-toothed, smooth-cheeked babby

get him out of here! Idiot!

VikingSkull posted:

last night I had a game of squad, and as usual I was the stair goblin, though instead of my usual UMP I had a kitted out and suppressed Vector

killed a dude that tried to come up

killed another a few seconds later

next circle dropped on us, I'm still on stairs when I hear the door open

"hey guys I hear you"

"good, this is our house now"

"fine, check out the stairs, see if you need any loot I left from the other guys I killed"

few tentative footsteps, some silence

"ok man, good luck to you guys we're gonna find another house"

:laugh:

This is amazing and 100% why I play this game

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is siege any good these days

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Is "buck toothed chubby cheeked" the coolest new meme thing to call people, can anyone advise how I should be using it? Thanks.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Futaba Anzu posted:

is siege any good these days

It's fun and cheap but the developers are also taking 2/3 months out of the DLC schedule right now to unfuck all the broken poo poo currently in the game. Which is sort of a lot. Pro-league videos are hilarious because every pc pro-league season has had bugs like crazy, eg Hibana bug making so you can't use her gadget, or client side clutter making so a window is open for one dude that isn't for the other, or the game outright kicking everybody out of the match during a lan game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I didn't play Siege but I always heard the netcode for it was beyond rear end.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Enallyniv posted:

Is "buck toothed chubby cheeked" the coolest new meme thing to call people, can anyone advise how I should be using it? Thanks.

constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The goon who cried most about hacks that I know was Akumos, who ended up Being VAC banned for hacking

• Locked thread