Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

you forgot "Cucked"?

:SASsnyper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

staberind posted:

you forgot "Cucked"?

tell me more about cucked

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
From the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...blog-navigation

3h ago
12:02

quote:

Muslims are “sick of having to apologise and be the first to condemn” terror attacks, a university chaplain has said, amid fears of a spike in Islamophobic attacks in Manchester.

Mohammed Ullah, the Muslim chaplain at University of Manchester, said he had heard reports of a Muslim girl being spat at and another Muslim person being told to “go home” since Salman Abedi detonated a bomb at Manchester Arena on Monday at the end of an Ariana Grande concert.

A mosque in Oldham, in Greater Manchester, was firebombed shortly after the atrocity, which claimed the lives of 22 people and injured nearly 60 others, in an attack police called “vindictive”.

Ullah said he was sick of having to apologise for the crime of another individual. “I say to Muslims, ‘You should not have to apologise for the actions of individuals,’” he said. “No other community has ever been held to account like this. Why does the Muslim community have to stand up and say we’re sorry for what this person has done. I can’t answer for the crimes of an individual.

“Let me be clear – what happened on Monday was a crime of epic proportions. It was epic, evil and one we condemn with the strongest condemnation.

“But let’s also be clear about this, why do we then have to stand up and say, ‘we apologise’. It’s not my fault. It’s not the fault of the religion.

“Islam is a religion of peace and of beauty that teaches followers to be good to all people of any faith or none.

“We’re sick of having to apologise and being the first to condemn it. What more can we do?”

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Yeah, i was wondering about my fam mr Native new yorker. or whatever, like, does he seriously think being called out and ritually bollocked as "Rascist"?
The UK is not The US, we have a loooooong history of integrating and absorbing other societies into our own. unlike the shower we got rid of a couple a hundred years ago.

but lets just focus on being dolts in a hugbod on dnd.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He has a point

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Blue Train posted:

He has a point

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

He has a point

Muslims are “sick of having to apologise and be the first to condemn” terror attacks,

Meanwhile I must grovel for slavery, an institution my ancestors weren't even in America at the time of to partake in

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The Muslims are so sick and tired of having to express empathy for the white victims, give them a break

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

im sick of having to apologize for slavery, a thing that legitimately happens to me as a person on a regular basis

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Muslims are “sick of having to apologise and be the first to condemn” terror attacks,

Meanwhile I must grovel for slavery, an institution my ancestors weren't even in America at the time of to partake in

Yeah, gently caress, it's like expecting us to feel bad for the Crusades, or something!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The Muslims are so sick and tired of having to express empathy for the white victims, give them a break

You know this is disingenuous and you also know that racist mf come out saying WHY ARENT MUSLIMS CONDEMNING THIS like every time along with their sarcastic religion of peace poo poo. Imagine if white people were expected to apologise as a whole every time someone shot up a school

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maya Fey posted:

im sick of having to apologize for slavery, a thing that legitimately happens to me as a person on a regular basis

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

The real victim is phone girl, she may have to fake like she cares at some point.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

quote:

that teaches followers to be good to all people of any faith or none.

Yeah about that one....

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Imagine if white people were expected to apologise as a whole every time someone shot up a school

They are.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
New York Times has a pretty detailed article with crime scene photos.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...WT.nav=top-news

Found at the Scene in Manchester: A Detonator, Shrapnel and a Battery

By C. J. CHIVERS MAY 24, 2017

quote:

The bomber in the Manchester terrorist attack appeared to have carried a powerful explosive in a lightweight metal container concealed either within a black vest or a blue Karrimor backpack, and to have held a small detonator in his left hand, according to preliminary information gathered by British authorities.

The initial analysis of the bomb, based on evidence photographed and collected at the crime scene, does not specify the size or type of explosive used in the bomb’s main charge but suggests an improvised device made with forethought and care.

Possible detonator located in suspect’s left hand (Dude was a lefty?)

quote:

Law enforcement images of metal nuts and screws propelled by the blast, and of damage nearby, show that the bomb’s makeshift shrapnel penetrated metal doors and left deep scuffs in brick walls.

And a review of the location of those killed shows most of the fatalities occurred in a nearly complete circle around the bomber, Salman Abedi, whose upper torso was heaved outside the lethal ring toward the Manchester Arena entrance.

All of these are indicators of a powerful, high-velocity charge, and of a bomb in which its shrapnel was carefully and evenly packed.

The location of the bomber’s torso, and the apparent absence of fatalities in a line between the blast site and where his remains landed, was said by one explosive disposal technician who examined the images to indicate that the explosive charge was more likely in a backpack than in a vest, and propelled the bomber away from the blast.

Certain details of the bomb further suggest a desire by a bomb-maker to reduce the risk of a dud.

The authorities found a mangled Yuasa 12-volt, 2.1 amp lead acid battery at the scene, which is more powerful than batteries often seen in backpack bombs or suicide vests. The battery, used for emergency lighting and other applications, can be bought for about $20.

The apparent detonator, which British law enforcement officials said was carried in the bomber’s left hand, is also unusual for a manual detonator in a suicide device, in that it appears to have contained a small circuit board soldered inside one end.

It is not clear from the law enforcement images if the object was a simple plunger switch, or included a timer or a receiver that could be operated remotely via radio signal – or some combination.

Such redundancy could give the bomber or a cell more than one option for deploying the device, and further suggests that the bomb was not as simple in design as many terrorist devices, which often are crude and prone to failure or haphazard effect.

Western bomb disposal technicians who reviewed the images for The New York Times said that a more thorough analysis of the device is difficult without more information, and that assessments of the bomb could change as the authorities analyze it further and if they collect more evidence. But its apparent overdesign, including the more powerful than usual battery, could flow from a bomb-maker’s difficulty in building a reliable detonator.

12-volt battery that was possible power source

Red square is possible torso of bomber

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Blue Train posted:

You know this is disingenuous and you also know that racist mf come out saying WHY ARENT MUSLIMS CONDEMNING THIS like every time along with their sarcastic religion of peace poo poo. Imagine if white people were expected to apologise as a whole every time someone shot up a school

Uhhhhhhhh http://www.salon.com/2015/06/18/cha...dium=socialflow

Edit: This is not to say that I think groups of people should be made to apologize when "one of their own" does a terrorism. But it's definitely not a behavior exclusive to the junior anti-muslim brigade

Squashing Machine fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 24, 2017

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty crazy that immigrant muslims consider themselves such a protected class that they feel they shouldn't even have to fire off a #prayforthelatestattack when one of them kills a bunch of people

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The real victim is phone girl, she may have to fake like she cares at some point.

You're spreading fake news Spunk

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

quote:

www.salon.com

lmao

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
this guy was a known and watched person by the UK government, it's not the muslim communities fault it's a law enforcement issue.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Unbelievable. I cannot believe you should be so callous as to propose we do nothing when children die in school shootings. That we need to accept them and move on.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Poor guys, constantly having to apologize for children being killed in the name of their god. It seems like religious people would be eager to extend their charity and goodwill to the less fortunate, especially the victims of radical violence, but I can understand how it'd be tiring to feel bad all the time about constant insane people with similar religious affiliation murdering innocents in the streets of some of the most peaceful nations on the planet.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

I know, Salon's pretty much the Breitbart of the left but it seems to get way less poo poo for being its own kind of morally bankrupt rag

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Religion of peace indeed. Oh and by the way? I am being sarcastic.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
They're not even done digging nails out of little girls and the newspapers

"Give Muslims a break guys, its really hard on them"

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Religion of Pieces (of nonbelievers)

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And it's not like these guys are lone wolves or something, they're all heavily involved in their community. The imam knew this dude by name. And yet the community has no blame??

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Religion of peace

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
pick a carrottop concert or guns n roses or something for fucks sake no one will care and you get your message across everyone is happy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's less about the "Muslim community" and more about the newspapers rushing these articles ASAP

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Looks like there is a ring folks. And due to the sophistication of the bomb there is the suggestion that that suicide bomber was just a mule, not the bomb maker himself.

The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...blog-navigation

quote:

Detectives are investigating a suspected terror cell in connection the attack which left 22 people dead and 59 injured. Ian Hopkins, the chief constable of Greater Manchester police, said it was “very clear that this is a network that we are investigating” as armed raids continued across the city. US intelligence sources are reported to have said that the suicide bomber Salman Abedi, had help.

Three more men were arrested in south Manchester in connection with the ongoing investigation into the attack and a flat was raided in the centre of the city after a controlled explosion was used to force entry. A 23-year-old man arrested on Tuesday, believed to be Ismail Abedi the brother of the bomber, is still being questioned.

Salman Abedi’s father, who lives in Tripoli, insists his son is innocent. He also confirmed that Abedi travelled to Libya in the last six weeks.

One of those detained overnight was identified by neighbours as Adel Forjani. He is said to be in his mid-40s and, like Abedi, from a Libyan family. The Libyan community in Manchester have condemned the attack.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...4b0be3ed191f2a4

quote:

This is a picture of Hashem Abedi, the younger brother of the Manchester Arena suicide bomber, Salman. The photograph was released to the Guardian by a family friend.

Twenty-year-old Hashem was reportedly arrested in Tripoli on suspicion of Islamic State links. He has been living with his parents in the Libyan city.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Dude has a point. On the other hand, too bad.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

SilkyP posted:

Religion of peace

Sure. How else could a religion go from Mecca to the Pyrenees and the Hindu Kush? Certainly not by conquest, no sir.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It makes you wonder "Are these newspapers or PR firms for Globalism????"

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Blue Train posted:

Being muslim and being white are two totally different things. No one is expecting random brown skin hindus to do anything.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Maya Fey posted:

so you're a slave?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Muslim is not a race hth. You racist.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
How many more islamic terrorist attacks before somebody actually does something about it

4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Helical Nightmares posted:

Looks like there is a ring folks. And due to the sophistication of the bomb there is the suggestion that that suicide bomber was just a mule, not the bomb maker himself.

I did a couple tours to the ME and that's usually the case.

The bomb maker is an actual smart person. The bomb detonator is whatever idiot your org has that'll do it.

There were even a few cases where the person didn't even know they were a bomber. A person would be told they're being paid to deliver something to a certain location (don't look in the trunk!) and would be told the route to take. A person following them would detonate the bomb with a radio/cell phone when the patsy was near whatever they wanted bombed.

• Locked thread