Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
:nws: but incredibly good

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AgreeableIcyIberianmole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

This continues to prove that only real men survive the wastes. You are not Conan enough.

Yeah, maybe next time I should just mine a poo poo ton of iron ore and just drop it in a river instead of letting the hot bar glitch the gently caress up. Much more Conan that way.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Make sure your inventory filters aren't unchecked. I had a few disappearing items reappear after I noticed some filters being off.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

That was the first thing I checked. I'm just going to shelve this until it's more stable.

Hopefully it will get to Subnautica levels of good.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the biggest issue they need to grapple is land ownership. As it stands any semi organized group rushes a server dropping single tiles all over the map which prevents anyone from building. It's a huge road block if you're joining late or playing solo cause the only places left to setup camp are poo poo holes with no resources nearby and you'll probably end up getting endlessly raided.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Popete posted:

I feel like the biggest issue they need to grapple is land ownership. As it stands any semi organized group rushes a server dropping single tiles all over the map which prevents anyone from building. It's a huge road block if you're joining late or playing solo cause the only places left to setup camp are poo poo holes with no resources nearby and you'll probably end up getting endlessly raided.

There's already decay for small structures that's reasonably fast, it could probably be faster though.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Popete posted:

ARK had this same exact issue. Not sure if they ever solved it.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
The real problem is that at some point on almost every server some dingus will decided to build a sandstone wall across just about every pass from the starting area up into the mountains, those walls will take ages to despawn and there's no way to get iron weapons in the starting area, let alone the steel weapons you'd need to bypass those walls. And since everyone with steel weapons is off in their bases in the north with 0 need to ever go back to the original spawn, there's no chance anyone else will ever take them down.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They really just need to add iron in the southern part of the map. Renders the entire area pointless since there is no iron and you hit the point of needing iron very quickly

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

GoGoGadget posted:

They really just need to add iron in the southern part of the map. Renders the entire area pointless since there is no iron and you hit the point of needing iron very quickly

Yeah it doesn't make a ton of sense, especially since you need steel to break things now, and especially especially since there IS a source of brimstone in the southern part of the map. Priorities messed up across the board.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
is the discord info incorrect or am i just retarded?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Carebearz posted:

is the discord info incorrect or am i just retarded?

It's correct, just nobody plays it anymore.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

The game is dead. Long live ARK.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

How long is this supposed to be in early access?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Longer than ARK.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry Mistakes posted:

There is no such thing as leaving Early Access.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Exactly, once you're in the Early Access, you never get out.

The only game I recall that did a halfway decent job of dealing with the land issue was that goofy "Reign of Kings" game that made it so that you had a guild stone that claimed an area that you could build on that couldn't be easily destroyed. Made the game focused on attacking that to defeat the enemy. Not without it's own problems of course. Also that game suffered from having most of the good resources in one area of the map.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I think one of the stupidest aspects of this game is the fact that the map is static. I feel like you should be able to do a seed generator for biomes and still have the dungeons/massive corruption city placed intelligently on said generated map.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Pastry Mistakes posted:

It's slated for a year of early access, the salt squad above notwithstanding. They've got a pretty decent roadmap for what they want to do with it, and all signs point to it being maybe kind of okay by release, there's just a lot of bugs that need squashing, and a lot of people who think early access means "I should be able to play a feature complete version of this game with no bugs a year early".

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed my time with it but yeah there are some glaring issues that need to be resolved. Land claim being probably my biggest gripe.

I'll come back to it eventually.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Matlock posted:

It's slated for a year of early access, the salt squad above notwithstanding. They've got a pretty decent roadmap for what they want to do with it, and all signs point to it being maybe kind of okay by release, there's just a lot of bugs that need squashing, and a lot of people who think early access means "I should be able to play a feature complete version of this game with no bugs a year early".

Nice to see Funcom is still spending money on PR

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

To be fair I'm not still playing it, but I have a vaguely positive feeling about the chances of me enjoying another month or so of it this summer some time vOv

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

After finding a map online of various dungeons and exploring a few (and noticing they're completely unfinished), I've decided to just treat this game like minecraft.

Now I loving hate sloped roofs.

Of course, if was lobby after I built my fortress that I read that funcom has hosed up buildings before. So... yaaaaaaay.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Side question: I'm admin on my single player game.
1. Is the a way to get 'show states' in the admin menu to turn off? You would figure clicking the button again around do it but it's a no go.
2. Is there a way to get thrall training to autocomplete?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

-Added to serversetting to modify how quickly thralls get converted (thrall crafting time multiplier)

Anyway, now there a DEV wheel of pain in game, without mods.
spawnitem 89919 1
You could try something like this

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Weekly Q/A answers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/comments/69zj4d/answers_of_the_week/

Massive lols at the combat and stat systems being awesome and good (must be the lead devs personal babies) but it looks pretty good otherwise. A CM mentioned in another thread that FCs entire Oslo studio is only working on Co Nan now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They should just focus on their dick slider technology and license that poo poo out.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I am probably in a severe minority, but I would pick up this game again if the single-player content was expanded on. I don't have time for multiplayer server foolishness.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

So has any single player content been added?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What do you mean by single player content?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So has any single player content been added?

This isn't a single player game in any way, shape or form.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The update patch notes on steam are like gibberish and my eyes rolled into the back of my head when I try to read them all in all who cares about this game

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

This game is dead isnt it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yup. Dead as poo poo.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

grimcreaper posted:

This game is dead isnt it?

Been dead since maybe 2-3 weeks after launch. Died of hype overdose.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

And poor timing.
The Switch came out soon after and I know that's why my friends and I stopped. There's no real market share but this game was good for being in-between big releases.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Did this actually release? I thought it was still an early access game.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Still is early access. It's just dead population early access.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

regret ever playing this, it was fun for maybe 2 hours, just over the refund timer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

regret ever playing this, it was fun for maybe 2 hours, just over the refund timer

Two hours of "heh, dongs" and getting eaten by crocodiles and then nothing, an endless void.

• Locked thread