Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's always been Batman with a bow. He has a car and a plane and a cave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate batsman so I'll pass

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Don't watch Arrow lol. Don't watch any of the CW shows. Actually just don't watch any CW shows at all tbh

If you're looking for good Green Arrow comics Jeff Lemire's run was very good, and the Long Bow Hunters mini series is great too. The current Green Arrow book by Benjamin Percy is alright and has fantastic art, and its probably tonally closer to the Green Arrow in the game than the other stuff I suggested.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Aphrodite posted:

He's always been Batman with a bow. He has a car and a plane and a cave.

The NOT Arrow show Green Arrow was always a witty and fun character imho.

the Arrow show made him too edgy to me.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Jmcrofts posted:

Bane is good.

I think swamp thing and captain cold are bad. Scarecrow seems bad but looks like people have been finding some strong tech with his trait in the last few days.

Swamp Thing gets hosed over with his trait imo. It's an alright idea (Prevent the enemy from jumping or dashing) but you summon it wherever you are already standing. You'd have to be really lucky with throws to get that work out for you.

I got an ability for him that changes it to be a teleport that goes underground, and I don't think I'll ever unequip it.

Other than that, he seems pretty decent. His combos are a lot of 2s and 3s rather than 1s and 2s, which is jarring coming from Batman. I've yet to figure out a great way to combo into his Supermove, either, which is unfortunate.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

fadam posted:

Don't watch Arrow lol. Don't watch any of the CW shows. Actually just don't watch any CW shows at all tbh

If you're looking for good Green Arrow comics Jeff Lemire's run was very good, and the Long Bow Hunters mini series is great too. The current Green Arrow book by Benjamin Percy is alright and has fantastic art, and its probably tonally closer to the Green Arrow in the game than the other stuff I suggested.

The Flash is a decent show though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carebearz posted:

The NOT Arrow show Green Arrow was always a witty and fun character imho.

the Arrow show made him too edgy to me.

Yeah but that's because so was Batman once.

Now new Green Arrows are the modern Batman.

Carebearz posted:

The Flash is by a significant margin the worst one.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carebearz posted:

I don't think so, Tim.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Legends owns, but only season 2.

The current Green Arrow comic is good, and "The Archer's Quest" is a good trade paperback to pick up and arguably the only good thing Brad Meltzer has ever written.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I should have clarified that In my opinion the Flash is a decent show, but that's because my two favorite DC franchises are Flash and anything Lantern Corp.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fadam posted:

Actually just don't watch any shows at all tbh

fyp

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Twin Peaks is back dude

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

fadam posted:

Nah dude, The Flash is super loving fun

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Nah dude, The Flash is super loving fun

I once heard someone refer to the Paul Blart movies the same way.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I saw a clip from one of the CW shows where Martian Manhunter ripped a robot in half with his bare hands. Whichever show that was seems pretty good.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I, too, state my opinions about stupid tv shows as immutable facts

Gotham is the best

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Crowetron posted:

I saw a clip from one of the CW shows where Martian Manhunter ripped a robot in half with his bare hands. Whichever show that was seems pretty good.

lmao that was Supergirl you got hoodwinked

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

lmao that was Supergirl you got hoodwinked

Martian Manhunter ripped Supergirl in half?! AWESOME!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gotham is the most important DC TV show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHYF9vvIPLs

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fadam posted:

So, the game has been out for just over a week now. What's everyone's top 5?

In no particular order I think the best characters in the game are:

Supergirl
Black Adam
Deadshot
Batman

And IDK who my fifth is. Superman maybe?

I feel like the new characters have more potential to show over time but if i had to list a top 5(keeping in mind game obviously early, this is more for yucks than hardcore analysis).

1. batman
2. superman
3. black adam
4. atrocitus
5. a fight between deadshot and aquaman. Aquaman would take it if they didn't change up his trait to take full damage from blocking now.

specifically in that order. Batman with the change to his batarangs is now a competent hard zoner. He always could get full combos from full screen with trait usage and now he has more to do from full screen. His pressure is still insane and j2 is still one of the best jumping attacks of all fighting game history. Superman while himself not as strong as inj1, is stronger in comparison to a lot of people having their own stuffed changed and f23 is just as belligerent and deadly as it was before.

adam is fairly obvious. Atrocitus becomes a rushdown monster with trait as everythings safe, the shield fucks up all kinds of jumping and attempts to get out of pressure(on top of letting him get in for free) and sure easy 50/50 into full combo.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Sdoots posted:

Swamp Thing gets hosed over with his trait imo. It's an alright idea (Prevent the enemy from jumping or dashing) but you summon it wherever you are already standing. You'd have to be really lucky with throws to get that work out for you.

I got an ability for him that changes it to be a teleport that goes underground, and I don't think I'll ever unequip it.

Other than that, he seems pretty decent. His combos are a lot of 2s and 3s rather than 1s and 2s, which is jarring coming from Batman. I've yet to figure out a great way to combo into his Supermove, either, which is unfortunate.

I haven't tested the damage on it, but you're almost certainly better off saving your meter as ST can get some pretty solid damage meterless or for 1 bar.

For fairly easy stuff you can do:
f23bf3MB f23db3 11df1b
b223bf3MB b3 j3 11df1b

If you wanna get really crazy then you can link b223 or f233 into f2, though both are drat hard and the link off f233 is spacing/charachter specific.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Swampers trait is great. There is a bunch of setups where you can combo into it in the corner and then lock the opponent down once they land.

Only thing I don't like about swamp thing is he has too many 1 frame links. I just can't go back to that no more I don't got the patience to grind it out.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I alone in thinking poison ivy is bad

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

I haven't seen many people playing her, I think her combos are weird and so are her moves but her pet plant turret seems good as does her aquaman drill thingy. I think it's too early to tell if characters like Ivy, Cheetah, Cold, or Darkseid/Braniac will be good right now. Personally I can't say because I have not played her much, along with Cyborg (I will never play Cyborg)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I play Supergirl and Black Canary so far. They're quite fun.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Saint Freak posted:

RIP Scarecrow, Worst Butt Haver
I constantly forget that he's even in this game..
Oh, oh, my favs are...
Catwoman
Harley
Blue Beetle
Green Lantern
Darkseid

Even though I refuse to purchase Darkseid, he was fun to play in that metaverse.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 24, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That MKX player Dragon who only plays greasy characters is playing Ivy. He makes her look really good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDban1OY0eg&t=181s

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

She's good. She has amazing whiff punishing with her f+2, great zoning with her trait and the spikes, and probably the best f+3 in the game. Her only real problem is she has a hard time against other zoners.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sdoots posted:

His super is a fullscreen grab and likely not able to be combo'd into. His trait you use with the low combo ender that puts them behind you, or when you have them in the corner, or to set up an area they can't really mess with you in very well if you have a lifelead.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need to work on keeping composure in fighting games it's basically what causes me to always lose online. :(

I love green arrow in this game. It it seems all anyone plays is flash

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I need to work on keeping composure in fighting games it's basically what causes me to always lose online. :(

I love green arrow in this game. It it seems all anyone plays is flash

Ah its always different for everyone. For me every 2nd game is seemingly vs Robin.

Also did up a new vid, Supers are generally a bad way to spend bar but Banes especially is quite good/useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW32uDJoZkk

TomVanDam
Apr 25, 2010
Picked this up on a whim the other day. While I'm enjoying the story mode I already have that sinking feel settling in which is that I'm real bad at fighting games now, couldn't even do the special cancel tutorial correctly :(

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TomVanDam posted:

Picked this up on a whim the other day. While I'm enjoying the story mode I already have that sinking feel settling in which is that I'm real bad at fighting games now, couldn't even do the special cancel tutorial correctly :(

That's because the in-game explanation is extremely poor. Basically, you want to just push the buttons in order without thinking about the timing. eg: Batman you can press square, square, down, forward, square and he'll do two punches into grappling hook. You generally don't want to just mash these out in a real game but that would be enough to get you started.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Harley's ending actually has a ballerina car in it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Am I helping the guild if I don't do anything besides the normal guild multiverse tower with no modifiers

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Yup, press the triangle button and you can see the objectives. You're helping!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Carebearz posted:

Screw Freddy Kruger, Scary Terry BITCH!

I was going to post that I'd Freddy shows up he should have a Scary Terry Premium Skin or whatever!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So, I love Black Adam, but one thing is bugging the hell outta me...

That goddamn stubble he's sporting. He's almost always clean shaven in the comics, and it's been driving me nuts. There's no head piece that gets rid of it, is there?

Dammit, Boon, you got this right the first time!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just spent 20 minutes going through every character and seeing what all their gear and colors look like
This game is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Calaveron posted:

I just spent 20 minutes going through every character and seeing what all their gear and colors look like
This game is so good

It really bums me out that the premium skins are fixed, because the gear and shaders are so interesting that it makes me never want to use them

• Locked thread