Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Flipswitch posted:

Peter Pigs website makes my eyes bleed. Crock of poo poo but good stuff.
You're dead to me :colbert:

spectralent posted:

:magical:

This sounds like special hell to work with.
There's a good chance you'll have to coat them in PVA glue to get a surface for spray primer to stick to. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Arquinsiel posted:

You're dead to me :colbert:
There's a good chance you'll have to coat them in PVA glue to get a surface for spray primer to stick to. Yeah.

lol, just lol, if you're still using spray primer when Vallejo Surface primers exist (and works great on Reaper Bones)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
6mm purchasing is also an adventure, since HnR basically hates photos while Scotia only has them some times.

The answer is, like always, GHQ: because if you have models good enough to masturbate to, you will take pictures.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Frobbe posted:

lol, just lol, if you're still using spray primer when Vallejo Surface primers exist (and works great on Reaper Bones)

Vallejo is hard enough to get here that using it for priming is asking to be unable to paint for weeks at a time. I also have no idea if it'd even stick to this kind of plastics, given that I learned the PVA trick from oldschool wargamers who paint using enamels. Which don't stick.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Geisladisk posted:

On one hand, if I buy from Pendraken, I'm getting a mystery box of toy mans and have to buy basically everything sight unseen.

On the other hand, I can get two rifle companies with support units and two tank platoons for about 50 pounds.

hmmmmmm

There's barely any bad models in the Pendraken range. Go on their forum and ask for pictures. The locals there are super helpful. Pendraken are some of the best guys in the business and inspire a huge amount of loyalty from their customers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Frobbe posted:

Vallejo surface primer in white drys in the nozzle as I'm spraying, and clogs my airbrush so fast that I can't get anything primed without stopping to disassemble and clean it twice

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Geisladisk posted:

Yeah, Pendraken is what I was considering. I'm a bit turned off by how shoddy and confusing their website is.

Example: Their American army deal lists "1 x AMF5, 9. 2 x AMF3, 7. 90 figs from AMF1/2"

Even after looking up the product IDs, I'm confused as poo poo as to what I'd actually get if I order this. What does the 9 in "1 x AMF5, 9." signify? Do I get bases? Do I need to get those separately? I get 90 figs from AMF1/2, but their site only has one picture of those. Are those all the same pose? Or are there different variants? There isn't even a picture of some of these models. I'd literally be ordering a big mystery box of little tin men. :confused:
You get one bag of AMF5, one bag of AMF9, two bags of AMF3, two bags of AMF7, and a total of 90 figures (probably randomly chosen) from AMF1 & AMF2. I don't know if there are variants in the bags. Maybe!

You probably got the idea that Blitzkrieg Commander was all about the 10mm because Pendraken bought it and wrote the new edition that way.

They have been nice and helpful in the past though, they're responsive to emails and requests for weird orders that don't correspond to the stuff on the site. I'd email and ask about the variants issue, or if it's really just ~45 AMF1 and ~45 AMF2.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

NTRabbit posted:

Vallejo surface primer in white drys in the nozzle as I'm spraying, and clogs my airbrush so fast that I can't get anything primed without stopping to disassemble and clean it twice

Perhaps you should stop living in an arid wasteland then?

Have you tried adding airbrush flow improver? I'm airbrushing a lot of Vallejo white right now and I'm not experiencing issues like that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i guess add footsore to the list of british minis companies that dont understandgive a gently caress about exchange rate. there also doesnt seem to be anything that would prevent me from ordering it at the cheaper gbp price, which works out to about 52 usd

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i guess add footsore to the list of british minis companies that dont understandgive a gently caress about exchange rate. there also doesnt seem to be anything that would prevent me from ordering it at the cheaper gbp price, which works out to about 52 usd

They're probably counting on Americans to not understand the difference. People like, uhhhh, my friend. Is the shipping different? Hmmm, apparently not?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

They probably are using the old exchange rate from before brexit, either intentionally hoping people wont notice, or because they're grogs and only update a few times per year.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
been like 3 years since the pound was strong enough to justify the price they want in freedom bux

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Can you purchase in pounds and ship to the US?

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
Anyone got pictures of a T-72AK with the RM-130M radio mast deployed? I want to duplicate it in 6mm but I can't find any reference images.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Hey if anyone needs a German 88mm flak gun they're on sale at Black Tree Design 40% off for the next 34 hours. I have one myself, the model does have its problems, to be honest, but for $22 its hard to beat.

https://eoeorbis.com/collections/clearance/products/ww2064-88mm-flak-gun-1-gun-3-crew?mc_cid=b39eddce0c&mc_eid=4fe73fc854&variant=1314901684

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Class Warcraft posted:

Hey if anyone needs a German 88mm flak gun they're on sale at Black Tree Design 40% off for the next 34 hours. I have one myself, the model does have its problems, to be honest, but for $22 its hard to beat.

https://eoeorbis.com/collections/clearance/products/ww2064-88mm-flak-gun-1-gun-3-crew?mc_cid=b39eddce0c&mc_eid=4fe73fc854&variant=1314901684

Is that 28mm?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Geisladisk posted:

Is that 28mm?

Yeah.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
God frfckg hrm werqfuck. I just bought a bunch of poo poo. I don't need an 88 gun. I want one, mind, but I don't actually NEED one. Must...resist...

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Ilor posted:

God frfckg hrm werqfuck. I just bought a bunch of poo poo. I don't need an 88 gun. I want one, mind, but I don't actually NEED one. Must...resist...

This is what mine looked like, fyi, if it makes up your mind one way or the other:

Definitely a rough model, but I got mine for even less than what they're charging now, so I'm not complaining.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
There's a nice 1:48 kit from Italeri as well, More detailed, but you don't get a crew.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Class Warcraft posted:

This is what mine looked like, fyi, if it makes up your mind one way or the other:

Definitely a rough model, but I got mine for even less than what they're charging now, so I'm not complaining.

That's the most complicated fidget spinner I've ever seen.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Talking briefly about Blood and Plunder today has gotten me rowdy for the new Kickstarter to launch. Counting down the days :f5:

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Anyone wanna throw me a link about the upcoming Blood and Plunder KS?

I really regret not pledging first time round.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Uhg, you know you have too many models when every time you get ready to put together new minis you have to do an inventory first to figure out what you have already so you don't build too many of X

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Today on obscure nazi weapons we look at the little known Fallschrimjager 10.5cm hot glue gun. Invented by Goering in 1942, the idea was the gun would shoot hot glue to the tracks of Allied tanks and immobilize them. Like most Goering projects, it was a complete failure.

Class Warcraft fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 25, 2017

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Possibly a HiEx Anti Tank joke?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

BeigeJacket posted:

Anyone wanna throw me a link about the upcoming Blood and Plunder KS?

I really regret not pledging first time round.

http://www.firelockgames.com/kickstarter-upon-us/

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
anyone played blood and thunder here? if so, how is it?

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Blood and Plunder? I played a few games at AdeptiCon. The infantry part is easy and compelling with good strategy. I haven't really done the ships part to where I understand it yet but it seems really cool.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Cross posting from the oath thread:

Chiwie posted:

Oath Complete

Sorry about the bad photos.

Managed to rescue them from the Battlefront paints. Gotta rate the kit pretty highly, models went together really well and the detail is nice.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
So I rescued some old Italeri civil war plastics from my parent's attic. I've got a mix of infantry, some cavalry an some artillery. Is sharp practice the answer for some 1/72 skirmish fun? I'm also looking for some bases.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Wowshawk posted:

So I rescued some old Italeri civil war plastics from my parent's attic. I've got a mix of infantry, some cavalry an some artillery. Is sharp practice the answer for some 1/72 skirmish fun? I'm also looking for some bases.

I would definitely start with Sharp Practice.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I spent the evening basing my painted samurai for FoG:R.

With 42 bases done, that's like two thirds of an army. Need to beef most of the units up to 8 stands, at least the spearmen, and maybe add another unit of cavalry (I have like 20 left painted but not touched up).

This is going to be my biggest army.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
My TravelBattle board game has been underway, from the UK to Denmark for a month now, and still hasn't shown up. First 2FL, now Perry fucks up. I'm not having much luck with buying stuff from the UK anymore. :smith:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
*Insert clever joke about Brexit and US Immigration ban here

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Is it happening so soon??? :negative:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Fish and Chimps posted:

My TravelBattle board game has been underway, from the UK to Denmark for a month now, and still hasn't shown up. First 2FL, now Perry fucks up. I'm not having much luck with buying stuff from the UK anymore. :smith:

That's harsh - I'm in Australia and just saw it in the main store in the city yesterday.

Has anyone tried it yet? It seems cute and quirky, and might be a good way to see if a few mates and my brother are keen on venturing down the pretty jacket and funky feather path.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Pidgin Englishman posted:

That's harsh - I'm in Australia and just saw it in the main store in the city yesterday.

Has anyone tried it yet? It seems cute and quirky, and might be a good way to see if a few mates and my brother are keen on venturing down the pretty jacket and funky feather path.

Haven't tried it, but read the rules. It seems very very basic, so it depends on what you are looking for. To me it seems a bit like a nice looking mix of checkers and chess, but with dice. I could totally see having a copy stashed away at our family's summer house, for example.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

lilljonas posted:

Haven't tried it, but read the rules. It seems very very basic, so it depends on what you are looking for. To me it seems a bit like a nice looking mix of checkers and chess, but with dice. I could totally see having a copy stashed away at our family's summer house, for example.

Good thing we're going to a summer house this year! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Fish and Chimps posted:

Good thing we're going to a summer house this year! :cheers:

Nice.

I finished up some French artillery pieces, and wrote about artillery in Sharp Practice.

http://krigetkommer.weebly.com/napoleonic-blog/french-line-and-horse-artillery-perry-warlord-front-rank

Quick question: buying a bulk of badly painted plastics (in this case French and Brits). Yay or nay?

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 2, 2017