Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
...the "fake Russian document" seems perfectly adequate to spin up an investigation on, and I don't see why being wrong means that Comey was actually stupid. I'm sure the FBI investigates based on false intel all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Comey will be remembered as one of the greatest stooges in US history.

If he brings down this administration, it will have been worth it and I would support building a monument to him.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Wark Say posted:

But you secretly wished for it. Deep in your heart you know it's true.

Also, why haven't we gotten any Trump tweets? Has he been especially bland recently? Or do they all look blatantly written by a staff guy?

Trying to find the CNN article I read this morning, but they are trying to keep him busy and surrounded my ivanka and melina so he wont have time to tweet.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Well, that's just great. We're all hosed, and the world is going to end in a nuclear hellfire

gently caress

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Remember when the USA bought third-rate oil dictators instead of getting bought by them?

Good times.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raylen posted:

I read his name as Blake "Fartenhold"

I'm Gil Fulbright

or Phil Gulbright

or Phillip Mimoufwifarts

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Willo567 posted:

Well, that's just great. We're all hosed, and the world is going to end in a nuclear hellfire

gently caress

this gimmick is getting old

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

...the "fake Russian document" seems perfectly adequate to spin up an investigation on, and I don't see why being wrong means that Comey was actually stupid. I'm sure the FBI investigates based on false intel all the time.

It's saying part of the motivation to have that press conference without input from the DoJ was the document indicating that the DoJ wasn't going to be impartial/would intentionally try to be too kind to Clinton, so they couldn't trust them, which was false

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
I'm hoping that Comey realized early enough that he got conned, put two and two together regarding the GOP and Russia, figured out that he'd be fired the instant he stopped kissing Trump's butt, and set things in motion to bring the whole house of cards down.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Apoplexy posted:

On CoD Infinity, the bad guys were simply Mars Separatists. Real jerks for no reason. Led by Space Nazi Jon Snow. Was really a good loving campaign.

still makes more sense than current geopolitics

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

this gimmick is getting old

Really? Trump may launch a strike on North Korea? If that happens. what then?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Willo567 posted:

Nah

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Willo567 posted:

A horrifying human atrocity but probably not the end of mankind.

It's also not going to happen.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lemming posted:

It's saying part of the motivation to have that press conference without input from the DoJ was the document indicating that the DoJ wasn't going to be impartial/would intentionally try to be too kind to Clinton, so they couldn't trust them, which was false

Yeah, sure, but that's...not THAT bad of a decision? The Comey letter was much, much more unwise. Comey's decision to say "we are absolutely not recommending charges" isn't exactly the straw that broke the camel's back.

Willo567 posted:

what are you talking about

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Your terrible posting ends?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Willo567 posted:

It seems unlikely

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

axeil posted:

And conversely the guy who got Trump imprisoned. "In short, Jim Comey is a man of contrasts." will be a phrase seen in every 7th grader's US history essay circa 2050.

One thing we know for 100% certainty is that Trump isn't going to prison.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

They barely investigated. They couldn't find the email (because it didn't exist), then proceeded to continue to act as if it was real while not, say, interviewing the named people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

There will be no more North Korea. I seriously doubt a couple of Trident sorties hitting Pyongyang will result in MAD deadman switches.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Two person nuke system and a long chain of command. It's not going to happen.

Guys, it's not the end of the world. This is standard FBI stuff, just on a tighter clock than normal and with more public viewing since they're the center of the whole Russian thing. Matters are being worked on, you can all stop panicking now.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

St. Dogbert posted:

I'm hoping that Comey realized early enough that he got conned, put two and two together regarding the GOP and Russia, figured out that he'd be fired the instant he stopped kissing Trump's butt, and set things in motion to bring the whole house of cards down.

Like having "people" leak his memos?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ramos posted:

Guys, it's not the end of the world. This is standard FBI stuff, just on a tighter clock than normal and with more public viewing since they're the center of the whole Russian thing. Matters are being worked on, you can all stop panicking now.

Unironically, thanks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

Well, if that occurs, I think poo poo might actually get real. Real loving bad. But let's not descend into extremism. While I do not doubt that there are several ghouls in human guise champing at the bit for Korea to get erased by Nuke, the consequences would be abysmal for all parties involved.

Bugsy posted:

Trying to find the CNN article I read this morning, but they are trying to keep him busy and surrounded my ivanka and melina so he wont have time to tweet.
Makes sense, honestly.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

They barely investigated. They couldn't find the email (because it didn't exist), then proceeded to continue to act as if it was real while not, say, interviewing the named people.

this doesn't give me hope for any Russian investigation if they can't even do the basics right

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

this doesn't give me hope for any Russian investigation if they can't even do the basics right

The Russian investigation isn't being run by the FBI, its an independent investigator with his own team.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Willo567 posted:

yeah trump may also sprout wings from his rear end and fly into the sun so on average we're good i think

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Just the fact that the header is supposedly Debbie Wasserman-Schultz emailing a Soros organization detailing their obstruction of justice should be triggering bullshit detectors all over.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

At the time FBI agents were using a book funded by Rodger Stone to help guide the investigation because they hated Clinton that much. Now that this investigation is instead looking into the Russians and the President who Threatens the FBI maybe they'll investigate this time.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Remember this, from last week?

Does Chaffetz get his memos today?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

botany posted:

yeah trump may also sprout wings from his rear end and fly into the sun so on average we're good i think

That is just absurd. You can't fly with rear end wings.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

If there's one thing that is clear, it's that our system is very broken.

Now gimme that CBO score I'm jonesing hard

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

That is just absurd. You can't fly with rear end wings.

wow bet you also told trump he couldn't win the election. loving liberals

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So am I reading this right? The right-wing has been duped into believing the democrats were funded by George Soros... so they started laundering Russian money through PACs to gain "even footing?"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Don't you rag on 4. 3 was pretty awful, but 4 had some great characters and moral bleakness that should permeate any civil war setting. Game spoilers: The Bad Guy had a totally good reason for starting being bad. The Good Guys are following the footsteps of a baby-murdering rear end in a top hat. The 'Good' Good Guy is a religious nutcase who consigns his neice (I forget if Sabal and the girl whose name I can't remember are related) to religious forced child marriage if he wins. The 'Grey' Good Guy Who's A Gal is a loving psycho who literally conscripts children to continue fighting their civil war while turning Kyrat into a narco-state.

What I love about 4 is how the entire plot is one extended (and according to the writer intentional) jab at the plot of 3.

FC3: Priviledged white dude lands on island, literally becomes their chosen one and frees them from oppressors in two days tops.

FC4: Second generation immigrant in the US goes back to his mother's birthplace, gets caught up in civil war where he ends up mostly as a pawn and due to his misunderstanding of the local politics only ends up making things worse unless if he goes for the secret ending where he literally wait for 14 minutes like his host specifically requested to.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/867469262478348288

This means "before 5pm EST" right?

B B
Dec 1, 2005

CBO score should be dropping within the next hour:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/867469262478348288

EFB

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Trabisnikof posted:

At the time FBI agents were using a book funded by Rodger Stone to help guide the investigation because they hated Clinton that much. Now that this investigation is instead looking into the Russians and the President who Threatens the FBI maybe they'll investigate this time.

Things the FBI likes: The FBI.

Things the FBI doesn't like: Other departments in the Executive Branch, people actively loving with the running of the FBI.

Guess which category Trump falls into?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ramos posted:

There is not a significant chain of command between the two people signing off on it and the missiles going off. The system is designed specifically to avoid one.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Write a loving article, god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

There is not a significant chain of command between the two people signing off on it and the missiles going off. The system is designed specifically to avoid one.

Cant waste time on hangups!

• Locked thread