Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant believe i have to keep apologizing for my backwards religion that explicitly teaches us to kill nonbelievers just because we ignore that part when we want to. :-( why wont these imperialist dogs understand that just because our pedophile warlord told us to go out and convert by force that we're a religion of peace??? :-( its hard being a muslim brony

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Mnoba posted:

this guy was a known and watched person by the UK government, it's not the muslim communities fault it's a law enforcement issue.

I dont know if you've been reading the articles but this dude had support from the muslim community.

The local imam got loving petitions raised against him when he criticized ISIS's methods (but not their goals).

Also it seems like you are implying the cops should have pre arrested him or something for having the wrong opinions and not having done anything. I thought that was racist or something.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Why are leftists, atheists, communists, and liberals defending Muslims anyway

Their "sky god" makes crazy people blow up little girls

Whats so precious about organized religion anyway

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I dont know if you've been reading the articles but this dude had support from the muslim community.

The local imam got loving petitions raised against him when he criticized ISIS's methods (but not their goals).

i try to, but then i think about how they eat pork and beans for breakfast then i just give up caring

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm down to remove religion totally

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

your friend a dog posted:

i cant believe i have to keep apologizing for my backwards religion that explicitly teaches us to kill nonbelievers just because we ignore that part when we want to. :-( why wont these imperialist dogs understand that just because our pedophile warlord told us to go out and convert by force that we're a religion of peace??? :-(

So pretty much just like christianity? :smuggo:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

probably because they view muslims as noble savages

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Pawl posted:

How many more islamic terrorist attacks before somebody actually does something about it

4?

Nothing will ever be done, i'm just glad the world won't be hosed enough to bother me in my lifetime :discourse:

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

probably because they view muslims as noble savages

they think islam as a whole has been persecuted or something which if you even glance at a history book is hilariously wrong.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spacetoaster posted:

So pretty much just like christianity? :smuggo:

given that one is a religion where the founder went willingly to die to save his people, and told them to turn the other cheek and love their neighbors, and told the story of a man from another religion saving another as an example of what his people should strive for, and the other married and had sex with a nine year old girl, and brutally slaughtered anyone that didn't agree with him - no

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
but thats not as funny an own :grin:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

they think islam as a whole has been persecuted or something which if you even glance at a history book is hilariously wrong.

Christianity is being wiped out the Middle East as we speak

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They don't want anti-muslim sentiment to snowball into some genocide and they are against military adventureism in muslim countries. Unfortunately the 'slam is pretty atrocious at the whole peaceful coexistence thing.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They need to be virtuous defenders of everyone they view as inferior, and muslims fall under that category because they are

a. Foreign
b. Not white

It's a superiority/saviour complex mixed with empathy run amok

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Christianity is being wiped out the Middle East as we speak

christianity and judaism was 100% of the population of the Levant for hundreds of years. Then within about 30-40 years it became 90+% muslim

wonder what happened.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Dmitri-9 posted:

They don't want anti-muslim sentiment to snowball into some genocide and they are against military adventureism in muslim countries. Unfortunately the 'slam is pretty atrocious at the whole peaceful coexistence thing.

Tell them to become atheists or no deal then lol

"To become a citizen you must renounce your god"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pawl posted:

They need to be virtuous defenders of everyone they view as inferior, and muslims fall under that category because they are

a. Foreign
b. Not white

It's a superiority/saviour complex mixed with empathy run amok

It's actually because it's hosed up to paint billions of people as terrorists because of their religion hth

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

It's actually because it's hosed up to paint billions of people as terrorists because of their religion hth

But White Guilt is real, yah I know your stance

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Nothing will ever be done, i'm just glad the world won't be hosed enough to bother me in my lifetime :discourse:

Pretty much. We'll continue bombing, invading and destabilising random countries, and there will be a steady stream of dumb kids convinced by old cunts to blow themselves up at pop concerts.

Then we'll all go Oh what a tragedy, how could this happen. Anyway, what country is next on the list for some liberating

Hail Satan, vote conservative

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

christianity and judaism was 100% of the population of the Levant for hundreds of years. Then within about 30-40 years it became 90+% muslim

wonder what happened.

they're a religion of peace.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Dmitri-9 posted:

They don't want anti-muslim sentiment to snowball into some genocide

but literally the opposite is happening. Right now. Like for real not as a vague victim fantasy they cream themselves over. There weren't many christians left in the middle east but they are being murdered out. Right now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Blue Train posted:

But the left says it about white christians every time there's a shooting. :shrug:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

spacetoaster posted:

But the left says it about white christians every time there's a shooting. :shrug:

There's not even shootings. They have to bring up pipebombs from 30 years ago

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

But White Guilt is real, yah I know your stance

I actually hate white people!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

That's also retarded

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

I actually hate white people!

I think they're neat

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Libyans in UK 'warned about Manchester radicalisation for years'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/libyans-in-uk-warned-about-manchester-radicalisation-for-years

quote:

Members of Britain’s Libyan community say they told authorities that terrorist recruiters are operating openly in the city

Chris Stephen
Wednesday 24 May 2017 14.42 EDT Last modified on Wednesday 24 May 2017 15.11 EDT

Members of Britain’s Libyan diaspora have said they warned UK authorities for years about Islamist radicalisation taking place in Manchester, as investigations continued into Salman Abedi’s contacts before the bombing in the city.

Salah Suhbi, an MP in Libya who grew up in Sheffield, said Libyans in Manchester had been warning about terrorist recruiters operating openly in the city.

“Manchester has the biggest community of Libyans in Britain and they know exactly what’s happening, there’s a recruitment policy, we’ve been warning about it for years,” he said. “People have been talking about this for the past three or four years, how ruthless they [the Islamist recruiters] are. These people are recruiting from the second and third generation Libyan Brits or Arab Brits.”

Britain is home to a large Libyan community, many having fled Gaddafi’s Libya in the 1980s and 90s. Suhbi said the vast majority are horrified by the Manchester killings, adding: “We are really upset this is happening in the UK. Libyans have had a positive impact on the UK, there are 3,000 Libyan doctors in the NHS.”

One of those doctors is Ghazi Gheblawi, who lives in London, who said the sense of shock has reverberated through the diaspora. “What happened in Manchester is tragic on so many levels, the Libyan community in the city is in deep sadness and shock.”

He said many Libyans in the UK fear that the spreading of Isis ideology in Libya may expand to Britain. “[The UK authorities] have a lot to do do prevent this ‘disease’ from festering and poisoning them, as it did back in the homeland.”

Another Libyan long-term UK resident said: “Manchester has long been targeted by radicals, there are those who are surprised by this attack but the radicalisation is nothing new. As the situation gets worse in Libya there will be more radicals in Manchester.”

Britain has strong links with Libya, and the prime minister of the UN-backed Tripoli government, Fayez Sarraj, settled his family in the UK.

The diaspora celebrated the Arab spring, which saw the fall of Muammar Gaddafi, hoping it would bring freedom and democracy. Instead chaos and civil war followed. One exile in London said: “I always hoped after the revolution we’d get a corrupt, but elected, kind of government. Instead we have anarchy.”

Isis has been in Libya for nearly three years, and has gained notoriety for persuading young men to carry out attacks abroad. Two years ago Seifeddine Rezgui, trained by Isis in western Libya, killed 38 tourists, 30 of them British, at Tunisia’s Sousse resort.

In December, US-backed Libyan militias captured Sirte from Isis, but its units continue to operate across the country.

Isis has found operational space in Libya by taking advantage of the chaos of a civil war between forces of rival governments in Tripoli and Tobruk.

That war is at boiling point after 141 Tobruk army soldiers were killed at an airbase in the south last week. Human Rights Watch says it has evidence that many of the men were executed and the UN secretary general, António Guterres, has called for a war crimes investigation.

The Tripoli government has suspended its defence minister and promised an inquiry, insisting it had no control over the militias who launched the attack. But the killings have provoked an upsurge in fighting, derailing recent diplomatic efforts to create a compromise unity government.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

but literally the opposite is happening. Right now. Like for real not as a vague victim fantasy they cream themselves over. There weren't many christians left in the middle east but they are being murdered out. Right now.

So are the jews, and so are the moslems. poo poo, the Middle East is one big religious murderpit; if you worship there, or heck, even if you DON'T, you're maybe going to get killed for your dam beliefs

I'm sure even Buddhists are getting annihilated in the middle east too somewhere, gently caress

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Filthy muzzies supporting the bomber, sick!

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

your friend a dog posted:

they're a religion of peace.

like what the gently caress do these people even think the crusades were initially about.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

"at least we weren't racist!" says the mourning father as he pulls more nails out of his dead daughter

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Waffle House posted:

So are the jews, and so are the moslems. poo poo, the Middle East is one big religious murderpit; if you worship there, or heck, even if you DON'T, you're maybe going to get killed for your dam beliefs

I'm sure even Buddhists are getting annihilated in the middle east too somewhere, gently caress

the muslims are not being genocided out. There are sectarian pogroms happening to people being the wrong kind of muslim or not pious enough. But no, christians, jews, and buddhists are not genociding muslims in the middle east. And gently caress you (and im sure the victims just love you for that) for implying otherwise.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 24, 2017

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

thanks hillary

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Waffle House posted:

You gotta go to South Asia to get the Buddhist murders

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

this is metal as heck

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

You gotta go to South Asia to get the Buddhist murders

The Buddhas of Bamiyan were 4th- and 5th-century[3] monumental statues of standing buddha carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan....They were dynamited and destroyed in March 2001 by the Taliban

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

this is metal as heck

A fumi-e (踏み絵? fumi "stepping-on" + e "picture") was a likeness of Jesus or Maryupon which the religious authorities of the Tokugawa shogunate of Japan required suspected Christians (Kirishitan) to step on in order to prove that they were not members of that outlawed religion.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Tell them to become atheists or no deal then lol

Yeah but doesn't the qu'ran specifically tell muslims it's okay to lie about that to non-muslims?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The Buddhas of Bamiyan were 4th- and 5th-century[3] monumental statues of standing buddha carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan....They were dynamited and destroyed in March 2001 by the Taliban

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah but doesn't the qu'ran specifically tell muslims it's okay to lie about that to non-muslims?

yes

• Locked thread