Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

Won't have to pay for the next generation of children if we starve to death the ones alive right now. Genius!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Spicer: Pope Frankincense, am... Am I a good person?

Francis: Well I think your press conferences speak for themselves.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Apoplexy posted:

On CoD Infinity, the bad guys were simply Mars Separatists. Real jerks for no reason. Led by Space Nazi Jon Snow. Was really a good loving campaign.

Did they do a colony drop at any point

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

5 minutes

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

It's going to go live at precisely 4:30 isn't it.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

mcmagic posted:

One thing we know for 100% certainty is that Trump isn't going to prison.

Do you know what 100% means?

Here, I will make a bet with you. I will bet 1 dollar against a million dollars that Trump goes to prison (which I will define as any institutional restriction of freedom, including house arrest or probation). If he dies or leaves office without going to prison, you get one dollar. If he goes to prison, I get one million dollars.

If you believe 100% that this is the case, this is an easy bet to get because it is a free dollar.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Elotana posted:

Remember this, from last week?

Does Chaffetz get his memos today?
Before this thread gets drowned in CBO wonkery, anyone know? I know Chaffetz postponed a hearing with Comey but I don't know if that impacts his subpoena to McCabe.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Ekster posted:

I could be wrong but isn't "reducing nuclear weapons" code for getting rid of obsolete small nukes for much bigger ones in practice?

It's the opposite, I think. Getting rid of the big bulky ones that are difficult to maintain and replacing them with small ones that are easy to deliver and accurate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
LOL Trump didn't let Sean Spicer who has destroyed his reputation and credibility for him, meet the Pope out of spite. As bad a person as we think Trump is, he's probably worse.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

You know, there's this book called a Modest Proposal, it has pretty good ideas about what to do with those poor, stealing-from-taxpayer children....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

This is like a direct hit by a hurricane. Lots of speculation and noise, then silence at 3:30 ET as the eye passes over us and everyone is furiously reading as fast as they can, then twitter blows up as the other side hits

Sounds about right

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
2 minutes baby needs a new pair of shoes

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
You guys realize the republican-led CBO board is not going to let a score pass through that doesn't allow for reconciliation. Even if they have to lie to everyone's faces well that's just Republicans for you: Traitors, Liars, thieves.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rigel posted:

This is like a direct hit by a hurricane. Lots of speculation and noise, then silence at 3:30 ET as the eye passes over us and everyone is furiously reading as fast as they can, then twitter blows up as the other side hits

yeah my twitter feed has gone completely silent and i expect all of a sudden it's going to be Twitter (100)

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
1 minute

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Score is out: Healthcare free for everyone, the AHCA will give us all a free puppy and nobody will get sick ever again and also dinosaurs are coming back, MAGA

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Rex-Goliath posted:

It's the opposite, I think. Getting rid of the big bulky ones that are difficult to maintain and replacing them with small ones that are easy to deliver and accurate.

Pretty much this: Why send up 1 big warhead when you can send up half a dozen smaller ones on the same missile, and give each one a different target. You can also dial in the yield for the newer warheads too.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Pretty much this: Why send up 1 big warhead when you can send up half a dozen smaller ones on the same missile, and give each one a different target. You can also dial in the yield for the newer warheads too.

just use metal gear, gosh

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation

theflyingorc posted:

Score is out: Healthcare free for everyone, the AHCA will give us all a free puppy and nobody will get sick ever again and also dinosaurs are coming back, MAGA

Wrap it up Obamailures

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Even though it goes up in a minute won't it take a while for people to analyze?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Moatman posted:

1 minute

Yeah, well my plane leaves in less than one minute.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

You know, there's this book called a Modest Proposal, it has pretty good ideas about what to do with those poor, stealing-from-taxpayer children....

I wish someone had asked him who would give birth to those grandchildren if the children of today have no food or money or health care.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation

plainswalker75 posted:

Make a scene

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Even though it goes up in a minute won't it take a while for people to analyze?

Not really. Last one was something like 30-60 pages, and there will be people who know what to look for when they scan through. Uninsured #, and its affect on the budget. A good reporter who sees it immediately should be able to figure it out very quickly, 1-2 minutes.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This is an outrage, they are one minute late and counting. I need my score!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

It's 430 (330c) and I'm refreshing the CBO page and I don't see anything :mad:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

plainswalker75 posted:

I shouldn't have stopped for that haircut. Sorry.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation

ReidRansom posted:

It's 430 (330c) and I'm refreshing the CBO page and I don't see anything :mad:

Gather the pitchforks and torches

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Rigel posted:

This is an outrage, they are one minute late and counting. I need my score!

Gotta have my fix

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Is there any chance the CBO score isn't as bad as we've been predicting?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/867471425623527424

As JFK would say, the Trump cabinet has the highest accumulation of intelligence since Jefferson last used his chamber pot.

https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/867478082982117382

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

they're late!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

probably not considering its basically the last bill but worse

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Anything is possible, I guess, but search your feelings, listen to your gut on this one

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
It's up

Uninsured goes up 23 million by 2026

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/867471425623527424

As JFK would say, the Trump cabinet has the highest accumulation of intelligence since Jefferson last used his chamber pot.

It's a fancy way of saying "bootstraps!"

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
here it is

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

LOL Trump didn't let Sean Spicer who has destroyed his reputation and credibility for him, meet the Pope out of spite. As bad a person as we think Trump is, he's probably worse.

I want to believe he sat down with Spicer on the flight over and went over the itinerary in great detail. Talking about how great an opportunity this was and how he hoped the Pope would be able to sit down with everyone individually for a few minutes of face to face time. Really play it all up.

And then when Air Force One lands he asks Spicer to do him a solid and watch the plane.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Its up

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

CBO and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of H.R. 1628, the American Health Care Act of 2017, as passed by the House of Representatives. CBO and JCT estimate that enacting that version of H.R. 1628 would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $119 billion. That amount is $32 billion less than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was posted on the website of the House Committee on Rules on March 22, 2017, incorporating manager’s amendments 4, 5, 24, and 25. (CBO issued a cost estimate for that earlier version of the legislation on March 23, 2017.)

• Locked thread